When normal GPRS (edge/3G) services are more economical and do more task than BB services then why to go BB?
BB minus BB enterprise services any use?
I think this phone is great I am getting one soon ps I love noki But its time go bb
Original_Jamaican, 16 Sep 2009People, please don't get me wrong. I'm NOT biased. I was merely directing my comments to an op... moreHey Original_Jamaican this reply goes for you!!
1. Nokia E71 comes with Symbian OS, Ha ha!! Now you should be knowing Symbian has an habit to hang on its own wish. Where as BB8520 comes with BB OS 4.7 no hangs.
2. Applications!! Uff!! These nokia applications are so damn boring they cant even spoof my caller ID. Come to blackberry and spoof your caller ID to have fun.
3.Oh!! Nokia E71 has maximum 8gb of upgradable memory. My blackberry 8520 has an upgradable memory of 32gb.
4. Now see your Nokia E71 has an CPU of 369 MHZ where as my blackberry 8520 has an CPU of 512 MHZ.
5. Ok! Your Nokia E71 has an inbuilt memory of 110 MB!! My god!! My blackberry 8520 has an inbuilt memory of 256 MB!! Gosh i am having fun!!
6. Your Nokia E71 has an detailed call record for maximum 30 days. Oh!! My blackberry 8520 has an detailed unlimited call records for unlimited period of time.
7. Nokia E71 comes with Five-way scroll key but my Blackberry 8520 comes with Touch-sensitive optical trackpad.
8. Man my Blackberry is so intelligent, as it has a function called SURE TYPE. It memorize what i type in any language and helps me if i type that word again in future. Nokia no SURE TYPE function.
9. Funny i can even change or install new fonts according to my taste on my blackberry 8520. So sad Nokia E71 even fails in this.
10. Nokia E71 doesn't even have dedicated music keys, see my Blackberry 8520 also have these dedicated music keys and also an extra dedicated mute key.
11. Now Blackberry comes with the power of Blackberry Enterprise Services, VPN,TLS, WTLS, Firewall, 128 bit SSL Encryption, Certificate Servers, Applications Permissions, Key Strokes, Software Tokens, Content Compression, Content Protection, Browser Push, Auto Text, Spell Check and so damn many things.
Now I guess you don't need any more explanations that why Blackberry is Superion that Nokia!!
People, please don't get me wrong. I'm NOT biased. I was merely directing my comments to an opinionist from this forum who said that Nokia can't come near Blackberry.
However, someone I know who doesn't own a Nokia says that Blackberry isn't a phone but merely a device for people who love to chat.
I'm not saying I hate Blackberry because like every phone, there are advantages and disadvantages but I honestly think it's over-hyped.
A relative of mine has a Curve 8320 and I have used it quite a few times and decided that it's cool but limited in areas where the E-Series excel. First and foremost I can backup my data in 3 areas without the need of a PC...Memory Card and 2 online servers. That's important to me. Not to mention, Blackberry can't make free calls over VOIP / SIP accounts. If Blackberry can't do these things then going to Blackberry more of a downgrade than an upgrade.
I love Nokia yes, but I come to you as a humble person.
Mits, 16 Sep 2009The curve is fantastic as i am using one. Features are excellent and you cannot compare it wit... moreTo MITS:
In what way are the features of this CURVE 8520 more advanced than any Nokia ?
Just tell me a few.
I am deciding to get this phone...maybe:) Can anyone tell me if you can use messenger and skype on this phone? Curve 8520??
is the "Touch-sensitive optical trackpad" Realy the replacement for the trackball? i'm afraid that i doesnt work well...Has anybody work with it yet?
The curve is fantastic as i am using one. Features are excellent and you cannot compare it with Nokia as the features are far more advance then nokia. I would recommend anyone buying it.
I'm going to get a BB Curve 8520 and I don't care what those Nokia fanboys think...
i am using e71 last 6 month.i think e71 is better than 8520 blackberry.
Anonymous, 12 Sep 2009Black berry phones are just names and nothing else. No body heard of Black berry but when obam... moreHey if you like Nokia what you doing looking blackberry up , I can see your bored of nokia and wanna get a blackcherrie now? Whhhaaaaaaa LOL
Anonymous, 12 Sep 2009Black berry phones are just names and nothing else. No body heard of Black berry but when obam... moresounding abit sour there hey.
Maybe when you own your first blackberry you will see what your missing.
Original_Jamaican, 09 Sep 2009You are right. The Nokia DOESN'T compare to this phone because the Nokia can do EVERYTHING the... moreAhhh, but can you instant messanger with your friends? Oh sorry, forgot that you dont have any friends, not with your biased one sided opinions.
i never have a touch over black berry phone but from the pic, is there any difficulties faced by the user while using the keypad?? it seem to be very small..
If you guys are having problems just buy both of them. I have both and I stopped complaining....Im Happy ure happy, no?
i have this phone and i love it!
it does everything the curve 8900 does, but it's cheaper!
the navigation touchpad, personally, i find is easier to use than the trackball, i find it less irritating and obviously won't get stuck like the ball often do!
the handset is small and sleek and i love the violet colour which it also comes in by the way!
the internet can be a little slow, but that's because it doesn't have 3g on it, but it's ok, you can still view what you need to!
the problem with internet is youtube doesn't show very well, the videos often come up pixelated anmd slow to view!
other than that i have no complaints about this phone!
this is the best phone in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!