i think this is the first real contender to the ipad 2, having had a go on it. i was very impressed with the speed and overall fluidity of the device. now if the chance arrived i would be hard pushed to decide over this and an ipad 2.
the biggest decider would go down to the amount of apps available, and itunes wins hands down. but that asside i was amazing at the speed of watching a film then switching to an app, and then a game with no lag between frames. cool i think.
The things I miss:
- skype video call, native ssh and rdp (hope will be avail via android apps support very soon)
- tasks. the bridge tasks app is useless as well you can't see tasks in the bridge calendar. playbook is being positioned as an enterprise tablet and I'm really disappointed with this.
- copy/paste from/to bridge apps (will be available with the next BES)
everything else is close to the perfect. just remember: at this moment this tablet is almost USELESS without a BB phone with BIS/BES plan. except you need a good web browser on a 7" screen in a pocket.
no card slot
not gorilla glass
no skype video call
whats the point blackberry????????
Calleyz_CBO, 20 Jul 2011Always passionate to Blackberry gadget. But prefer to wait for the 2nd generation of PBook, wi... moreI will say it is because representative from Maxis KK are not well trained to answer questions from us in KK... I went in to one of it to ask for some infor, and they have not even heard of BB Bridge... OMG..
damian, 18 Jul 2011hi guys.once u have briged ur bb and playbook and u use the web via ur bb,do u pay for that us... moreIf you pair it with your BB phone, you need to use the bridge browser and it will be covered by the BIS.
Always passionate to Blackberry gadget. But prefer to wait for the 2nd generation of PBook, with hopes that it'll be in 3G ready, support data call and more.
Very sad to hear that after few days been launched by Maxis here in Sabah, still '0' zero customer come out from Maxis centre with holding Playbook on their hands. Meaning to say, PBook V1 failed to attract people here.
"Hi, I'm a bb user and I will love to buy your playbook, but what I want to know is that does it uses sim card?"
Who are you talking to?
hi guys.once u have briged ur bb and playbook and u use the web via ur bb,do u pay for that use or does ur bis cover that? please help? thanks
Hi, I'm a bb user and I will love to buy your playbook, but what I want to know is that does it uses sim card?
According to me playbook is awesome and much better nd faster than compare to I pad.......
User, 02 Jul 2011Can I use Internet, email & bbm on both handsets when I was on bridge mode.
It means on b... moreThe Playbook can access e-mail and internet while bridged while the BlackBerry handset is also giving the user access to e-mail and internet content.
Through my use of the device I can comment:
1. The device is easy to set up and get running.
2. It offers security around Corporate information which other slates / tablets can't.
3. The screen resolution is first class.
4. The touch control is smooth and highly responsive.
5. Using Wifi the Playbook accesses and displays content very quickly with a very good internet experience.
6. Very good camera.
7. Can't comment on the Playbook video chat, since I have not used it.
8. Can simultaneously run multiple applications which the user can easily switch between.
I believe that the Playbook will fill a niche.
you can use internet only via WIFI,wimax,else you need to bridge you BB handset with Playbook to browse Internet and that to you need to activae BIS(blackberry internet service) plan
you can visit below mentioned link to know abt how blackberry bridge is used to acess internet on play
im not a BB user but i'm interested to buy this playbook..
any comments about the good and bads about it.
Can I use Internet, email & bbm on both handsets when I was on bridge mode.
It means on bb & on play book.
Plssssssss reply asap.
so can you use a playbook if you dont have a blackberry? like how do you download games and apps from the app world??
Well, i hate myself repeating again, there are 2 queries:
1) Is nVidia Tegra 2 better than OMAP GPU used in Playbook
2) Can i use 3G functionality of Blackberry 9780(or the EDGE functionality of Blackberry 8520)by syncing with the Playbook?
guys i'll definately appreciate your response