Sage77, 07 Dec 2015Does this have the BB word substitution feature? If do this is a must have phone.Yes it has word substitution when you are typing - you can choose if you want this setting on..
BlackBerry overdoes it with a wonderful 540 PPI screen but just no Dual SIM? Can they pull out sales stats and make a visual aid to see how many dual SIMs us 2 Billion Asians are buying?
Does this have the BB word substitution feature? If do this is a must have phone.
I used BlackBerry phones in the past because the physical keyboard and trackpad made it a mini-pc and I found them the most productive. Lately however I have used Android phones to get a large screen and the wide selection of Apps.
When I heard BlackBerry were releasing the PRiv with large screen AND physical keyboard AND Android Apps, I was praying it would be best of all worlds - and basically after three weeks use it has turned out to be just that.
The keyboard is a joy to use - I actually enjoy typing emails/texts on the PRiv whereas on a touchscreen it's such a pain - also with a real keyboard it doesn't eat up half your screen every time you want to type anything.
I also love the deep search function which BlackBerry has on top of everything - basically from the home screen I just type the first few letters eg. of a person and it instantly pulls up everything on the phone related to them - texts, appointments, etc. I find this by far the fastest way to get what I want on the screen - rather than digging through apps / screens to find something.
The other great benefit of this phone I want to mention is the BlackBerry Hub - all messages, and anything else you want, eg call logs, in one Inbox. I don't have to dig into various apps to get all my communications - they are all there in one stream - this saves SO MUCH time. I tried to replicate this on my Android phone but it is basically not possible at the moment.
One final selling point for me is keyboard shortcuts - you can long-press any chosen physical key to open an app - eg. 'f' for Facebook. I find it the quickest way to open Apps.
Of course I should give a more general overview of the phone as well.
- keyboard: beautifully usable as mentioned.
- trackpad (capacitive keyboard): works smoothly with a light touch once you get the feel for it - again allows very speedy editing, moving around, etc
- screen: large, bright, crisp and clear.
- build quality: solid and durable - frankly like all other BBs I have had - for instance I have dropped it a few times and no screen crack or other damage.
- sound: front-facing speaker is clear - though not quite as good as previous BB phones which were stunning.
- ergonomics: keyboard, slide mechanism, balance in hand, weight, etc are all pleasing - like with any phone I find I quickly develop muscle memory for it, and there are no annoying ergonomic problems.
- speed: I have multiple Apps open most of the time and have no delay problems. That said, I don't really play video games on it so could not comment for that sort of speed-demanding App.
- battery: I always plug it in overnight, and then I find it easily covers heavy use all day (I use it to run my business)
- warmth: it does get warmer than my Android Mega - but I'm not sure if that's just because it's so usable I am on it lots more - most of the time with multiple Apps open. I have read future software updates probably will enable it to run cooler as well.
Overall in my view there is no phone out there to match the efficency of this phone - I have tried a wide variety of phones. I really hope BlackBerry continues to refine this product and I am likely to buy future versions.
Very good quality business phone. It would be nice if theres a windows 10 variant for office.
Can someone tell me more about the security features and how it controls apps/ settings to prevent them leaking data.
Anonymous, 04 Dec 2015I still think BBOS sucks.Which OS is BB10 based? Do you know? I thought you nougat. It's used to help automotive vehicles' operations; and can be used to make sure you're not dead from a Train accident. The OS powers most, but I don't know them both, but QNX is the best secure in the house.
AnonD-112130, 30 Nov 2015read up on itJust google it. Not that hard---from their you'll fine their website or whichever carrier you're looking for.
AnonD-441897, 04 Dec 2015depends on your local dealer...its already available in UAE.you can try to buy the phone onlin... moreCould you specify while online site in UAE and what's your impression if you use this phone ?!
Anonymous, 02 Dec 2015When this mobile available in Qatar..... pls tell me... depends on your local dealer...its already available in UAE.you can try to buy the phone online and get it shipped from UAE.
Anonymous, 02 Dec 2015When this mobile available in Qatar..... pls tell me... I raise the same question and live also in Qatar
AnonD-112130, 03 Dec 2015Your so last yearBut this was just released....