i like the phone, but i wish there will be a software update to turn off the autorotate in the main menu.. i think its useless and it pises me off!
Anybody who has downloaded the upgrade - do you notice any differences or improvements. I for one do not, but would be interested in others views / findings.
Anonymous, 09 May 2009A dud link as one might expectI have just tried the link again and it works fine....are you trying it with the https:// at the front it does make a difference.
Why you want Pay to use BlackBerry internet service(BIS)???...............??????????
Nokia Can Recive Email for REAL TIME like Blackberry
With Nokia Email service (FREE)
For information Visit:
For download From nokia phone Browser open:
Nokia Email Service is FREE .................!!!!!!!!
Tested By Me on Nokia E90, E71, E63, and more phone
Hi all, the new version of software for the storm is available for vodau uk customers ****IT WORKS*****
follow this link:
...the changes are
Key improvements include:
Multimedia – accelerometer, camera
• There are a number of improvements to the media player and the Storm’s ability to handle different media formats. For example, customers can now preview music on the internet and, have a much better experience with improved reliability of video playback.
• The camera is now faster to take and display a picture, has improved resolution and processes an image more quickly. It’s also easier to record video and play it back.
• It’s now easier to find software downloaded to the memory card, and playing MP3s over the internet has also improved.
Call and microphone quality
• The sound quality on a call has improved, including when using the speaker phone, voice dialling has also improved, as has the reliability of using mute. Some customers said they saw error messages when sending MMS and SMS, this should no longer happen. Incoming call alerts are now displayed more clearly. Face detection is also now live so that the phone does not trigger the touchscreen when being used to make a call.
• The signal indicator is now more accurate refection of the signal.
• Customers will also have a better experience when using the media player with a headset plugged in.
• There is also now improved reliability when using speed dialing on a call when using a Bluetooth headset and improved reliability for maintaining the connection with the network when disconnecting a Bluetooth car kit.
• The Call Log icon no longer appears in the applications folder.
• The touch screen will be more responsive and reliable and is less likely to reset and the LED indicator when charging or switching the phone off is more reliable. The layout for prompts on the screen has been changed so it’s more accurate when a selection is made.
• The zoom on a webpage is now more responsive. Customers will also see a new ‘Go’ button in the browser to make searching online quicker.
• Customers will now see an icon to show where the cursor is when writing an SMS, and the accelerometer is quicker to change from landscape to portrait view. There is also an option to choose a full QWERTY keyboard when using the phone in portrait view. Moving from QWERTY to QWERTZ is much smoother.
• You can also now disable the touch screen when locked to save power
....there you go guys it's going to work in Asia. No where else you understand...just Asia.
Anonymous, 04 May 2009need help..torm.
i am planing to buy unlock blackberry storm, when i was visiting stores i sa... moreYes the 9500 will work perfectly.
Actually they have already been release in asian country officially now.
Now NOKIA Can PUSH Email Like BlackBerry and Free
For information visit: www.email.nokia.com
for download from Phone, open link: www.email.nokia.com from phone Browser
Tested By Me on Nokia E71
RIM made available a firmware update at around 22.30 UK time. It seems to have made no discernible improvements or do nothing extra as far a I can see as yet. Further disappointment.
I really like this phone and it gives me all the features which i expected and i brought this from www.puremobile.com i really like this
i love the product review but when i checked the specifications, i was disappointed, there's NO WLAN, too bad!
i am planing to buy unlock blackberry storm, when i was visiting stores i saw unlock storm 9530, and an unlock storm 9500. i know the 9530 is CDMA phone, will it work on asian 3G network?
After all that has been said about this phone, it simply does not work as it should do. Freezes regularly, touch screen is not responsive, especially in the corners, camera is utter rubbish, very slow responses. Only document viewer/ editor which is nonsense when this handset is geared toward business. Can't even read PDFs. Videos simply don't run. Desktop application is very unuser friendly, making for more complication. Build quality is also appalling.
RIM don't seem bothered that their reputation has taken a severe hit with this phone, and with competition fierce. No updates have been brought out which remedy any of a serious of major defects, and none look likely. Buy carefully people: contracts last a long while when you have unsatisfactory kit.
I bought one of these Blackberry`s when they 1st came out, it was a toss up between the Storm or a Apple Iphone, I ended up with the Storm.
for a few days after I got it, I thought it was amazing, but then problems started showing, I found it sluggish, it would freeze on me, youtube video`s were very blocky, I took out the sky sports package, and I could not watch it as it was very blocky.
I heard good things from iphone users about the app store, I had a look for Storm programs and games, but there was none available.
I ended up selling the Storm and buying an Iphone, and it was the best move I have ever made.
I`d never touch another Blackberry again.