what i discovery ever since i found this site is that most commentator are very critical of all design. so many of them are so intelligent that common dummies phone they cannot produce. what rim introduce into touchsreen cannot be found on any one that has existed before. i have use all kinds of PDA:HTC, BB from 8300 to storm. storm is a great improvment. with storm you can highlight many messagesand delete at once. Bold can do that. typing on storm is very easy.
If anyone saw The Gadget show on Channel 4(UK) tonight, the storm failed miserably and got a two G rating and came last out of four phones tested - the others being the Touch HD, the iPhone, and the G1 running Android. Another nail.
The IPhone was the first thing ever to use touch screen...everything else MUST be trying to copy that, duh. /endsarcasm
Apple is crap. Not everything wants to be like Apple.
And in other news...if you're having problems with the Storm, make sure you get their update for it. It makes it run much better.
Andy, 21 Dec 2008This phone is a nightmare!!! Honestly the worse phone I have ever used or had. There are a few... moreTotally agree, i'm sending mine back after 2 days! its so unresponsive and fiddly to use. my scabby old work 02 Xda is better! going to get a bold instead!
wtf is wrong with you people!!! if you dont have the phone dont comment cause clearly you arent going to know jack Sh*t! yes you can send and pics and custom ringtones just read your instruction booklet if you are clearly too stupid to figure it out yourself!!!! and who cares if its a lil slow its still a good phone, just because it is a touch screen does not mean its an iphone wannabe, it is absolutely nothing like the iphone and from personal experience THAT IS AN EXTREMLY GOOD THING!!!
Anonymous, 20 Dec 20089500 Unlocked will work w/any provider 9530 Locked can work only w/VerizonYou can unlock it but rim servers will only let the BB services on the storm be used with a Vodafone Sim.
(Piece Of Crap)Bought it 1st day. kept it 29 days. It crashed, slow hung up. can't type on it. etc. this is the worst cell phone I have ever had. I took it back and now have Bold. Much better at ATT.
This phone is a nightmare!!! Honestly the worse phone I have ever used or had. There are a few major issues with the phone -
1. If you don't have stylus style fingers I.e. really small and thin then this phone is just no good this alone drives you nuts that’s with out even commenting on anything else. The QWERTY keyboard is great but if your fingers are of a normal size you'll keep getting the wrong letters!!!
2. It's so so so slow!!! Everything you do takes ages - I thought the idea of a BlackBerry was to improve efficiency!!! Not a chance its takes forever to write and send a simple SMS! I have had mine for a little over 13 hours and it’s going back in the morning!
3. The Landscape / portrait screen can never make its mind up you'll hold it portrait and if you move it even slightly it will flip unexpectedly to the landscape position then back again or visa versa - this really does your head in because the keyboard format changes too - so again its a nightmare just sending a simple SMS.
4. The internet in your hand - Ha Ha Ha - sorry some of the internet in your hand - as there is no support for most web pages I browsed - it displays them wrong and won't play flash animation - so if the site has flash you don't see it!!!
5. The touch screen!!! OMG! This is so frustrating! It doesn’t pick up the movements and when it does its normally an hour behind so by the time it knows where you are - you’re already pressing and you have to wait for it to catch up.
All in all I am so disappointed with the phone after being so excited to finally get one. Its only my opinion but its like the phone has been rushed out just to compete with the I-Phone and to be fair from what I have seen – the i-phone is not much better.
I think I am just going to stick with a normal basic average phone rather than go with one of mutant ninja super phones like the storm and I-phone!! Hope this helps. I just wish someone would have told me before I got it.
Mark Rogers, 17 Dec 2008I have personally had this phone for some weeks now (Australian version, if there's a differen... moreThe "clickable" feature of the phone is one of its main features, to give it a more tactile feel I believe. It can't be anymore annoying than pressing on buttons on say my Nokia E71 for example, personally I find the Bold's buttons a lot better than my phone but to achieve it they did have to make it wider. The accelerometer thing is something that a lot of phone makers will have to work on, played with a Samsung Omnia today and it was the same deal. Personally I think the phone is great and an awesome alternative to the iPhone which is great for what it does if anyone knows what that is.
It spends most of its time crashed. In fact I have only had mine a week and it has crashed more times than david coulthard.
Battery life is not the best either.
Dont bother. Try getting one of the other models such as the bold and make sure you get a generic one without network software.
If you are having problems with your storm please check the following.
Make your BlackBerry Storm even better! Go to http://devicehelp.vodafone.co.uk/storm to find out how to download the software improvements.
This link will take you directly to the Storm upgrade page on the Help Centre where full details and instructions can be found.
A new software upgrade is available for the BlackBerry Storm. The software upgrade can be downloaded from the Vodafone website and will deliver a number of improvements to the microphone, display, media and video.
The software and further information can be accessed through the following link: www.vodafone.co.uk/help/storm then click on the ‘Research in Motion software upgrade service’ and select BlackBerry Storm from the drop-down menu
Anonymous, 18 Dec 2008the storm isd useless i work fort a phone company we sold 12 of tyhem and 8 actually returned ... moreObviously, you have not personally had a Storm for your own use. I have one and I love it! I have to admit it has taken a little time to get used to but now that it has been 3 weeks I am getting used to it and operating it is becoming second nature!
Go Verizon Go Storm!
I work for an Ad Agency that uses an enterprise server, we purchased 25 of these phones and they completely did not work, lots of glitches and OS issues. This phone is a JOKE!. We got the bold with at&t and worked perfectly.
Please help me, how do I update the software of blackberry storm?
and can someon please tell me whats the diffirence between BB storm 9500 and BB storm 9530?