A good phone I will rate 4.5 out of 5.
I got this phone last month around US$100 new, without contract, no Docs to go though, even trial one.
Very good picture quality, downside is unable to upgrade to OS7 so Resource monitor is out of question, so just remember to bring a power bank wherever you go.
Good connection, even now I'm using the phone as modem to my PC
The keyboard is too flat for my liking and the phone is too bulky
Overall this is a very good phone for the price, which is why I will recommend this phone
i have brother which use this phone , when i saw him use that he always turn off when he didnt use it , and when he turn on it , he always scroll up and down . so my question is is that phone are slowly work ?
my brother use this for a bussiness , and i saw when he use that phone he always scroll up and down , why must that ? and so laggy when he want to close the blackberry messeger , so the conclution is that phone slowly working ? thankyou
Nijad, 13 May 2013Please let me know, if this work with Keerala (India) bsnl cdma connection?yes, u can use it with bsnl kerala
Hello can someone please tell me why did these people not bring this mobile out in a gsm version? There are still so many people getting the old 8220 refurbished because they like a flip phone & there B/B!
Please let me know, if this work with Keerala (India) bsnl cdma connection?
Does this cool little phone work in Aus? Can you take them off the Sprint Network and put a proper/normal sim into them?
This is the second best phone I've ever owned. The main issue with it is the battery.
Occasionally the phone will overheat and basically commit suicide in record speed. I have to charge my phone several times daily if I've used it anywhere near frequently and never leave home without making sure it has been recently charged. It's actually flashing that it's about to die as it's sitting next to me right now, even though I charged it right before I went to bed 9 hours ago. I've only opened it twice since waking up, but because I received a text during the night, the battery has drained.
If this problem was fixed, I'd have nothing bad to say at all about this phone.
I love BlackBerry, personally. This was the first BB I've ever had. I loved the fact that it was a flip phone, cause with previous phones from other makers, I've always accidentally pressed other buttons while I was holding it or it was in my purse. So the fact that it's a flip phone really was the reason I originally got this phone. Here in America, it was originally $300, but I bought it off of ebay for $150 in 2011, I believe. I've had it for a year and a half, and came to love it. App World is easy to use and has quite a few free downloads. It's not a wide phone so anyone with smaller hands, it will probably fit perfectly in their hands. I have fatter fingers and I didn't have any problem typing on the keyboard...each key has slightly rounded edges, so even though they are close together, you're not pressing other buttons unless you're super heavy-handed. I have it through Boost Mobile, which is Sprints' Prepaid plan, and I've never once had a dropped call or any problems like that. The internet can lag sometimes, but it's great for quick look-ups if you're out and you need the phone number to a specific place or something like that. It does come with a GPS, and like previously stated, it can wear the battery down kind of quickly, so I would have a charger near by, just in case. However, when you go to close out the GPS, you have to make sure you click "EXIT", otherwise it will continue running in the background, using up more of your battery. It's a really sturdy phone. I've had it for almost 2 years now and I just now have to replace it because I accidentally fell on the charger when it was plugged in and caused the charging port to become loose, so that's my own fault. But if I can find another one within my price range, I'd definitely get another one, no question about it!
If I have this phone imported, Would it work in South Africa? I really like it!
i like this mobile so much because this mobile is so beautiful but please upload the price for this mobile also
Thank goodness my two year contract with Sprint and this Blackberry Style "Flip" phone comes to an end tomorrow, 1/31/2013. My son bought it for me because he thought it was a good "business oriented" phone. It has been a pain and a disappointment every day I've had it.
1. I immediately noted that the battery only lasted a couple of hours. After putting up with this for a couple of weeks I took it in to the Sprint store and they said, "Oh, you need a new battery."!! "Did you buy a warranty with the phone? NO?? then that will cost you about $60". So they sold me a phone with a dead battery in it, for starters. OK, so that's not RIM's fault, but still...
2. Even with a new battery, it only runs for about 5 or 6 hours, and I'm not even using it that much--if I use the GPS I have to keep it plugged in to the car charger or it will die on me mid-trip. And over the last month it has started re-booting for no reason whatsoever, randomly, in middle of phone call or while idle. Sometimes several times a day.
3. The keyboard keys are almost impossible to avoid double keying if you're entering more than a few characters. The keys are very small and difficult to get used to. And when you do, you still mis-key.
4. For the first 6 months I couldn't even view a YouTube video, not that I need that feature a lot, but sometimes someone would send a video and the phone would either time out, or say it was not compatible w/that file.
5. Forget about web surfing. It is too slow, and usually just says something to effect that it timed out during download.
6. The Sprint GPS worked well but about a month or two ago it was replaced with something called "TeleNav", and it can't find its way out of my driveway. Just today I tried to get it to take me to my new dentist's office and it took me off in the opposite direction, even though it recognized the street and address! OK, maybe that's not RIM's fault either, but it sure diminishes the "experience".
7. The only thing this phone was good for was downloading my email (couldn't download attachments, though, at least in a timely fashion), and occasionally I used the calculator and Pointe app.
8. And OH! I almost forgot! The most basic function it was supposed to perform was that of making and receiving phone calls. At that, it really sucks! The voice quality was terrible, and callers/recipients were always asking me to repeat, and saying they were having a hard time understanding me. And of course, I was having the same problem with my reception.
9. Finally, there is nothing intuitive about it. I know that I haven't made full use of its capabilities, but those that I need and want are so lame I don't even want to experiment further.
And today I see that RIM (now BlackBerry) is coming out with a new BB10 phone that they hope will turn the company around--and you know what it looks like? An iPhone!
But it's too late for me. Day after tomorrow (Friday, 1 Feb, 2013), I'm shopping for an iPhone or an Android. Anything but a BlackBerry!
how about plus and minus this phone >? i want to buy, but i need much review this phone.