Hello everyone, I am using a BlackBerry Torch 9800 for a while now and I would like to share my opinions about the smartphone.
1. Larger screen compared to other BB devices like Bold 9700.
2. Comes with a QWERTY and it makes life a lot easier.
3. BlackBerry OS 6.0 has its own advantages like the new home screen. Search capabilities.
4. 5.0 megapixel camera with continuous focus is really more than enough for a bussiness phone
5. Very good audio output through headphones. I tested with my BOSE tripod in ear headphones and the sound quality is as good as Apple iPod.
6. Video player is sharp and bright. Handles high quality videos really well.
7. User interface is very fast. Thanks to 624MHz processor. Application switching and multitasking is a joy
8. At the end of the day, it's a BlackBerry
1. Touch screen sensitivity is really good but not as good as an Aplle iPhone/iPod touch
2. Not all apps will work in every country. So before you buy a BB Torch make sure your service provider supports BBM, enterprise email service, App world etc.
3. BlackBerry doesn't recognize or connects to ad-hoc wi-fi networks. So if anyone has a laptop set up as a wi-fi hotspot and wants to connect his BB, he has to use a software named Connectify and he must have a laptop with Windows 7 operating system.
4. Built in app for MS office let's you open/edit MS word/excel/powerpoint file but you won't be able to use premuim features. You can't even create a new file.
5. No PDF reader provided unless you purchase the whole documents to go app. I can provide you the registration key and activation key for the Documents to Go app (see me contact email below)
6. The default browser works well. But it's a bit slow when it comes to loading large pages. I would recommend using opera mini. Works really fast.
BlackBerry Torch is a great smartphone with the usual BlackBerry services. But this phone also combines a touch screen and a QWERTY and various other media functionalities. It's a perfect phone for a business user who likes to stay connected with the internet and also wants to take a snapshot while he's travelling. It's like an Internet cafe with a movie theater inside. Finally, I would love to help whoever needs any kind of support regarding this or anyother cell phone. Please contact me (firstname.lastname@example.org), you can also visit my profile on www.twitter.com/beck723
Hope my opinions help you in choosing the right phone.
Just got it today. hardly know anything about it.. seems awasom so far.
Had a Bold 9700 in the past and the battery would last around 5 days with low to moderate use (daily a few calls (5/10), 20 texts and the same for emails, 20 minutes browsing, )
What sort of time can I expect from this phone with the same usage???
that phone is the best i ever had, like it my girlfriend is jealous because i really take care of my Torch
the safety information is freaking me out..why should i put the phone at a distance from my body when am supposed to pick a call and place it on ma ear?
im dieng to get myslf a torch regardless of its weight and having to reboot it every now n then
is there a way i can make this phone AWS-compatible...because i really want a torch but its not compatible with WIND
please my blackberry torch joystick is malfunctioning, what can I do? Please I need urgent reply and help thanks
hmmm itzz gud but ma nokia 3315 is far better ...th sound is gud evn in noisy atmosphre...set apart frm i phone
Theodorah Malapane, 15 May 2011WOW, WOW, that's all i can say!
The BlackBerry Torch is Absolutely fantasmagolis!!nice way to comment , I liked it
it seems that you are from Greece
I am from a Greek Island
Hi I need to put on reading glasses to send a text but would like not to. Can you change the font on this phone. Would like to know before I buy
WOW, WOW, that's all i can say!
The BlackBerry Torch is Absolutely fantasmagolis!!