It's time to give up my 4 years old Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 and this phone is almost identical in terms of size and weight.I haven't seen any other Android Phone so close to it and to my needs (only the un-released xperia SX), so i'm thinking of giving it a try. I noticed that it is possible to install android apps, so I would like to ask the owners if I can install my favorite dialer app, exDialer and disable stock dialer. This goes for message app too. And what about android apps like Navigon and Poweramp? Do they work?
jay, 08 Apr 2014Are u really install apk file through google play store on z10 plz tell me its apk really work... moreYes it runs .apk, all you need is the OS upgraded to BB 10.2 . Though i must say the experience may not be as seamless as these apps are originally built for Android, but thats for only a few of them. I am running quite a few .APKs currently on my device.
Moreover if you have 'Snap' on your phone , you can directly go and get these apps from Play Store.
Visit Crackberry.com for all the dope on BB.
AnonD-209094, 09 Apr 20141. Some but not all. Flappy Bird works better on Z10 than it does on many Android devices, wro... moreThank u very much for ur answer brother. & I've heard that there are many instances where recording full hd videos are sometimes out of sync, audio & video go out of sync. So whats the way to overcome this issue. Is it that we should use a high utility memory card ? If i wanna insert 64gb memory card, then which is the best one & which class.
how long does your Z10 charge from 10% to 100%? mine takes quite long..
The front camera is great until the next OS update.
It will work fine is some days but since the latest OS update my front camera stopped working. Every time I open it, it just opens vertical colors on the screen and won't do anything else. What should be done to resolve this?
Anonymous, 08 Apr 2014Hey Z10 users, i have certain questions
about this phone.
1) android apps work on Z10, but d... more1. Some but not all. Flappy Bird works better on Z10 than it does on many Android devices, wrong speed is a well known bug for this game. Kinda proves Apples accusations of Android being fragmented.
2. Sharpness will never change unless you have lots of scratches, for example an old and heavily scratched screen protector. PPI will nevertheless never change.
3. No, just up the brightness to max if you want to, there is no practical problem, i think it is quite bright and nice.
4. Probably not, i am unable to test it because my OTG cable is Nokia/Sony type, ie it has a square plug that only fits in certain models. They say BB10 now has support for OTG that will work on Z30 but not Z10.
The good news is taht the microSD is hot swappable, just get another card instead of flashdrive.
5. Thats not true. I cant speak for the LTE version though, mine is STL100-1 and doesnt heat up much at all.
jay, 08 Apr 2014Are u really install apk file through google play store on z10 plz tell me its apk really work... moreYES , im installing without any problem Apps from google playstore. Take a look to the following Screenshots from my z10
http://youUpload.org/46c5gdx - The AndChat app installed and dhe Snap ( the installer you need for Google Play )
http://youUpload.org/fl0fp32 - The AndChat in action
this Screenshots are uploaded from my z10 with the Android APP youUpload
http://youUpload.org/uo7ecms - Screenshot from YouUpload in action
AnonD-250017, 08 Apr 2014YES. I can install directly from Google Play Store. Snap is installed in my z10. You need onl... moreAre u really install apk file through google play store on z10 plz tell me its apk really works with z10 or not? Because if does work then i will buy z10.
texas, 08 Apr 2014Pls hw did u download d snap in ur phone i really need it, if u have d link pls help me with i... moreTo install Snap you need this Environment on your PC/Laptop
1) Java Runtime Environment installed.
2) Blackberry Link ( you can download it from BB Website ) Installed.
3) First You need to Update your Blackberry Device to actually 10.2.x.y.
4) donwload this File named Snaploader. You can google for it or you can use following link to download it
5) In your z10 go to your Settings ->> App Manager ->>
and change the settings to allow Installin from unknown Files
6) Attach the z10 with your PC/Laptop using your USB Cable.
7) from dhe downloaded Snapload files execute Snapload.exe
8) ( maybe ) you neeed to Point to java.exe from your Java Runtime Environment.
After all this Snap will be installed in 2 or 3 minuts.
Describing in german
you can use the search funktion on google with this words " snapload z10 install " to get results in English . I can not do it cousing from my settings of IP and language
snick_bk2007, 03 Apr 2014you can install apk but you can't install direct app from google playYES. I can install directly from Google Play Store.
Snap is installed in my z10. You need only to login with one valid Gmail account.
I'm planning to buy this phone.
I hve some quarries
1) can we use play store n download free apps.
2) how is battery back up.
Pls suggest me.
Shall I buy this phone.
Can we use play store on z10 and this normal apps will be chargeble ya free
Tell me battery back up
texas, 08 Apr 2014Pls hw did u download d snap in ur phone i really need it, if u have d link pls help me with i... moreI suppose you would need to connect your phone to a PC to get this done.. Bit time taking PFB the help links
And as per me you can install andriod apps directly to your phone if you have a .apk file of that app..
AnonD-250017, 07 Apr 2014Snap is working fine. Installed with Snapload on Z10. I can automatically install from Google ... morePls hw did u download d snap in ur phone i really need it, if u have d link pls help me with it. Thanks
Hey Z10 users, i have certain questions
about this phone.
1) android apps work on Z10, but does
those apps work flawlessly like the
native apps work ?
2) its pixel per inch is just awesome. But does it retain its razor sharp quality
even after Long term use.
3) many of the videos on youtube
mentioned that brightness is too dim, is
it extremely dim ?
4) can we attach pen drive to Z10 through on-the-go cable ?
5) crackberry discussion forum
mentioned that Z10 becomes too hot
while playing games, browsing & using
the phone for long time. So is it true
about heating issue & if its true, can u plz suggest a way to overcome this heat
AnonD-251841, 07 Apr 2014last week i bought z10 but it had the problem that other people can't hear my voice during cal... morethis is wiered, I never heard such problem with blackberry. I think you should threat to seller to return your money immediately then He will offer you new phone...
darwin, 07 Apr 2014how is security system for blackberry?:) :) :)
Brother, Blackberry is famous for Security in world. Barrack Obama is not allowed to use any other phone than blackberry.
just for users point of view. Blackberry is much secured phone no malware or virus comes to blackberry phones.