The mic, speakers are very poorly designed.
Poor audibility. You cant hear anything if you are inside a bus/car/moving in a bike.
the memory card is below the battery.
Battery is ok.
except the calls (incoming/outgoing all other features are ok. Its a smartgadget not a phone!
Great phone but:
1. No Accessories and no parts
2. The charging port is on the top
3. there is a problem with the mic., everybody tells me that my voice is not loud enough.
4. the microSD card is inside the phone, not on the side like other phones, and is not easy to get to.
I hope these things will be fixed in the future versions
Great Phone. Not mini sim tho. Got screwed buying a straight talk mini sim that did not work. Had to buy another sim.
bumpkin, 14 Jan 2013I have a BLU Vivo 4.3 and a BLU Dash 3.5. This is a comparison and a review.
There are sev... moreDASH battery is only 11600 mAH.
Which is the correct one for BLu VIVO 4.3 (1600 mah)
If somebody is thinking of buying this phone. Wait for VIVO 4.65 which is coming out this month!
I have a BLU Vivo 4.3 and a BLU Dash 3.5. This is a comparison and a review.
There are several negatives about the BLU Vivo 4.3, and at the current pricing normally found (230+USD) I would have returned mine and stayed with the Dash 3.5 available everywhere for about 100USD. However, I paid USD150 and decided to keep it.
Here are the negatives:
1. it is nowhere near a 4.3" screen, though this may happen in a lot of phones. The 4.3 includes the line of keys others don't (I don't know quite how to express this) such as return, menu, home.(The Dash 3.5's 3.5 does not include them.) I held it up to my Galaxy S2 and it's about an inch smaller, in the diagonal in usable space. This is also partly because it's so much narrower. That line of keys is impossible to see in any amount of daylight, though the amoled isn't bad. Not great but not bad. Since you can't see those keys, you truly have to use instinct (and placement memory) but they're in an order unlike other phones I've seen so it's a pain. So imho the Dash 3.5 is better in this respect.
2. None of the ram and rom specs appear to be accurate.
3. While the 3 filters for Applications (All, Recent and Running) are terrific to have, I am sick of closing apps I have never started, such as FB, Youtube, Maps etc. It also appears that nothing you ever open closes by itself. Opera and Browser have explicit exits. This wouldn't necessarily matter if there was enough memory on the phone but there isn't. The Dash 3.5 doesn't have all this stuff opening.
4. The Vivo 4.3 phone is sluggish, not only because of item 3. It just feels it especially using K9 email of all things, more so than the Dash 3.5 (which is single core 1ghz). The amoled screen may be part of this, I'm told. I don't expect to have to wait 30 seconds to empty trash of 10 emails.
The good stuff: dual sim is great on both. Some of the integration is surprisingly thorough. I happen to like that Go Launcher though others have complained about it. I see it as a chance to alter the screen so I don't have to wear glasses while using the phone. I got extra batteries for both phones through Gus at 24hrsdeals.com (note that it is 24hrSdeals.com). They were not on his site at the time, so make sure you contact them directly.
Some of these comments go for the Dash 3.5 too. I found its 2.3.6 to be fine for me for this type of phone.
Anonymous, 28 Dec 2012Could you tell where it's possible to buy Spare Battery Model number: C594604160T 3.7 V 1... more24hrsdeals.com got me spare batteries. This was both for the VIVO 4.3 and the Dash 3.5. No one else had the correct ones, and in fact, Blu itself pointed me towards sites which don't have the right ones.
Please help as the voice headset Tel Low Is a way to modify the sound ramp
Where is it available in India?
if anyone having any idea about how to upgrade the OS from ICS to Jelly Bean in Blu Vivo 4.3 could you please share the information. I would like to upgrade in my Vivo 4.3 phone.
after reaching 99% charge it is taking more than 5 Hrs to reach 100%
AnonD-87298, 15 Dec 2012Hey, could you tell enyone what kind of battery inside Blu Vivo? And any one tried update Andr... moreCould you tell where it's possible to buy Spare Battery
Model number: C594604160T
3.7 V 1600mAh 5.92Wh
Audio is not coming while running MP4 movies. can you share if you have any information on how to enable audio while running movie? or pls share the list of movie format supported in blu vivo 4.3
even after 20 hrs completed the battery is not getting 100% reached in off mode. is there any better work around for this issue?
If anyone having hands-on exeprience on how to upgrade from ICS to Jelly Beans in Blu Vivo 4.3 could you please share the information?
VGRaja, 24 Dec 2012Hello All,
This phone doesn't have 1GB RAM instead it's having only 512MB and ROM also it's... moreHey
Dont compare the Blu Vivo 4.3 with Micromax A90..
Blu is an American Standard company...
Micromax is a China based company
Standards are differ among them
And basic diff is
Micromax A90 has 1GH china chpiset not dual core also
And it has very poor cam quality front camera is just VGA
But Blu vivo has Mediatek 6577 1.2 GH Dual core processor
And cam Quality is Very Nice and front is 0.3Mp
Quality of the product is also Much better than Micromax A90..
By jan 10 Blu vivo 4.3 will be in Indian Market..
Micromax Just copied the Blu Vivo model
But they cannot copy the Quality of the Product..
This phone doesn't have 1GB RAM instead it's having only 512MB and ROM also it's not 4GB as given in the specification it's having only 3GB ROM.If you really want a phone with the same configuration you go for Micromax A90S. it's ditto. even the case of Micromax A90S is 100% perfect for Blu VIVO 4.3 and moreover don't buy from ebay they have given the wrong description. Micromax A90S price is Rs.12999/- only but Blu Vivo 4.3 is Rs.17,000/-. Blu is taking more than Sever (7) hours to get full charge every time. so my humble request to all of you is dont' buy blu vivo 4.3 via ebay instead get micromax a90s, we can save Rs. 5000/- and we will get 1 year warranty.