Samsung's first foldable smartphone, which the company says won't be just a gimmick, is said to be coming next year. Reportedly, the device was even showcased to a selected few back in January at this year's CES show.
While we still don't know how the device actually looks like, a new leak has surfaced, claiming to show images of what Samsung's foldable smartphone might have been. The leakster says the device - dubbed Project V (model number SM-G929F) - was canceled.
So what we see is basically a two-screen phone with a design that instantly reminds you of ZTE's Axon M from last year. The base of the screen that flips out is thinner compared to the main one.
The model number SM-G929x falls between those of Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S7 series, suggesting Samsung was working on the device sometime between 2015 and 2016. There's no information on why the company scrapped the project, but it's easy to guess.
Samsung Project V— 萌萌的电教 (@MMDDJ_) June 16, 2018
However. It is not going to happen. Due to the fact by that arc of having Edge and flat options. Quite a lot of people bought the edge variant (it also had a slightly bigger battery: S6 Gen had 2600 for edge over 2550, and 3.6Ah over 3Ah for 7Edge ...
Finaly some good news. For 200+ it had no chance to survive noone will buy noone with healthy grey brain cells. This is the first good think samsung made. Now get rid of that ugly curved screen design and all will be fine and join the projec...