Does anyone know when Cat intend to upgrade this phone to Android 7.0 Nougat?
Nougat has key features such as 'split screen', so it make Android device more useful....
So I've been using my US version Cat S60 on AT&T for a week now and I'm extremely impressed. Build quality is very solid and all of the features meet or exceed my needs and expectations.
Cellular connections are fast and stable, works on all AT&T bands including LTE with no issues; although they did have to play around with the type of device that they entered it as because their system didn't recognize the phones actual IMEI yet. WiFi isn't the fastest given it's using older standards, but the connections are rock solid. Bluetooth range is better than any phone I've used previously. I've had other phones that the signal to my wireless headset would cut out if the phone was in my pants pocket, but no problems here.
The screen is nice and bright ever outdoors. Touchscreen responsiveness is exemplary. The 720p resolution makes a couple of the things I do each day a little more crowded on the screen than previous phones, but it sure pays off in battery life.
The CPU seems to handle all of the tasks I throw at it with aplomb. The device boots rapidly even when encrypted and application switching is smooth.
Battery life is amazing. Granted I spend all of my time in areas with extremely good signal strength, but I still find it impressive. A typical day for me is probably a couple dozen emails, half a dozen short phone calls, 50 or so texts, a dozen normal photos and a few FLIR photos; and I typically end the day with 75% of the battery left. The combination of mid-range CPU, 720p screen and enormous battery definitely pay off here.
Very happy with this device. Way better than the last "rugged" Samsung I used.
I don't know what some people here are complaining about - my CAT S60 works perfectly.
Cell signals (two sim cards) are good - even in concrete basement, (some other phones do not have such a good reception), my phone does not heat up, battery lasts two or three days (two days if i use the phone very actively, browsing internet and screen is on a lot of time) Yes - battery is not replaceable, but my last phone battery lasted over 5 years. (phone died before battery)
FLIR camera is quite accurate - if you know how to use it. For example human skin temperature is supposed to be about 20 degrees Celsius - it is normal, because skin gets cooled constantly. (on a hot day it is warmer) I have tested FLIR on very many objects (like hot water, frozen water, and stuff that i know exactly what the temperature should be) You just have to be precise when you aim the FLIR. This is true that it measures max 150 degrees celsius (150.3)
Of course aluminum frame is "soft" - but not as soft as plastic. Only way to make it more durable would be using steel, but then the phone would be very heavy. The fact that phone survives dropping to concrete from 1.8 meters does not mean it will not get scratced - i would recommend some kind of phone case.
As for weight - it really does not feel heavy. (maybe some children with small hands would find it big and heavy but for grown-up human being it is nothing :-)
If anyone gets bad reception or not workin sim - DO NOT CUT SIM CARDS - REPLACE WITH REAL NANO SIM.
And if your CAT S60 (or any other phone) keeps crashing or gets poor battery life - make sure to have latest firmware and software updates. And get some app to monitor battery usage - so you can kill or uninstall apps that are draining battery.
If you ask me - i will strongly recommend this phone. It is the best phone i have had. It is fast, never seen any lag (over 90 apps installed), and screen is very good. Some reviews suggest that colors are "washed out" and black is more like gray. Absolutely wrong ! Colors are very vivid (maybe not for people that are used to Super AMOLED orange faces on photos) and black is very dark - even in dark room it is almost like AMOLED black.
And even though screen is "only" 720p, separate pixels are VERY hard to see.
The fact that this phone's hardware is not the absolute top and screen is not the maximum that can be, is actually a good thing - you get much more battery life.
I do not work for CAT and I am not making any advertising here - just read all these comments and noticed that these are showing mostly negative experiences. For me the experience is far from negative, so i decided to share it.
For anybody considering this phone I would stay clear and rather buy additional flir camera instead! I think there is no point mentioning good if bad makes this device unusable:
1. Really poor sim signal no matter which carrier you use. I have 6 phones in household ranging from Samsung S7 to cheap Chinese phones and all, Yes all even bloody Chinese phones have better signal than this CAT S60! Always hunting for signal. Outside is not that bad, but once you are indoors or in industrial unit that's all phone call's into voicemail..... Absolute disappointment and unusable as phone!
2. Heat oh yes it does heat up whilst in use. Whether its just used as satnav or as flir camera it does heat a lot. Which in other words will kill battery quick. Bear in mind battery is not replaceable. So really expect bill for replacing battery in service center after 6-12 months as I don't think it will survive longer.
3. Flir camera is not that accurate, there is about 10dergrees Celsius difference. So if item is 30 degrees it will show 20 degrees.... So really not that much of use if you need to know exact temperature. Also it only goes to 150 degrees which I would prefer 200....
4. Aluminum alloy frame is very soft, after some bumps it just cuts in... I would actually think that's part of the reason why reception is so poor on it...
Would I recommend it to others - NO!
Sorry CAT it was nice try, but there is still a lot to work on!!! And I wont mention it all as you don't listen anyway!
Atthila the un, 23 Aug 2016I got this device for a week now, and here you get a few things that may help you if you are t... morePlease can you give us a little more info regarding typical battery life. I know if you turn search for WiFi on, acquire GPS etc, get an email every 10 mins etc, never let the screen blank etc most smart phones wont give you a working day! I need something that when used as an old fashioned phone, lasts for about 36 hours.
I got this device for a week now, and here you get a few things that may help you if you are thinking about purchasing it:
- Battery life is 1 day, starting at 6 am with heavy email use and continuing through the day until 4 or 5 pm, then casual use for pictures until 10 pm...it is at 3%, therefore a bit disappointing for the 3800 mAh. My old iphone 6s will last longer with same use.
- Screen: acceptable but far from the levels of the samsung and apple flagships.
- Camera: not too fast but decently good on the back and average on the front.
-Thermal camera: very inaccurate, great for fun and getting big overheating issues but always when you have a reference to compare.
- Size: big....thickness won´t be nominated for a beauty contest definitely.
- Look: honestly I love the backside look, on the front it is a sophisticated rugged phone, but the back rocks
- Water resistance: not great, the first time it went to the swimingpool with the 5 m protection on, just got a pop up in the screen saying that humidity got into the speaker and it started the drying procedure, far from being at 5 m depth.
All in all it has its public, but without the thermal camera I would not consider it, a crosscall would be as good for 1/3 rd of the price, what I really like is the way it looks and the ability to take thermal images of engines.
Hope it helps guys
Could anyone give me an imei # for the s60? My mobile carrier wants it to see if the phone would be compatible.
I have Been using this phone for a month now and i will giv you a personal user fair opinion
aii rating are out of 10
duel sim 3
also reboots at ramdon
poor sim signal
2nd slot barley works
best thing about this phone ruggard and flir
Walabot are bringing out a 3d penetrative radar as an extra plugin module. That might be a must-have for tradespeople as it coukd give lots more info than a stud detector
D-man, 15 Aug 2016Where i can get this phone at malaysia Hello, i'm from Mexico, and here nobody sell the phone (carriers, stores,....) i did buy the phone at amazon without problems, 1week. Greetings
really good phone.but i can't accept this price.the reason why i choose blackview bv6000.
I just bought 2 days ago, and it was fine, and today when was on my table phone just die. Battery is full, and I cant switch them on. When I put cable the light is orange but display is dead. I go to service, and because is completely new I get in 10 days new one. Im a little frustrated...