TAr, 28 Apr 2011i want to buy this phone, but i dont know this phone can video call? please tell me? thanxHi,
Dell Streak 2.2 can't support Video Call. But it can be upgraded to 2.3 from where Video Call functionality is Enabled. For further details please check the nearest store.
my dell streak
takes unbelivably clear crisp photos in good outdoor light while still super clear if your within macro distance
multitouch (although maxed at 2 fingers) is flawless and smooth
supplied headphones are very clear
Loads of memory supplied
Crisp screen even though clarity is reduced due to massive size
And YES it does fit in jeans! :)
Sent my streak 5 16gb on O2 2 year contract at 35 a month
TAr, 28 Apr 2011i want to buy this phone, but i dont know this phone can video call? please tell me? thanxNo.. You cannot make a video call on dell streak, but you can make a video conversation using yahoo messenger
i have used that phone quite a lot and i would say this phone is amazing for internet, games, reading books, music and videos as well as it has a great battery life!!!! & works well after updating to android 2.2.2
coolcyclonef5, 26 Apr 2011the screen is 256k or 16 million colours please some one help i am planning to buy this phone I've Dell Streak 5 : The technical specifications about Colour resolution is given as : 5 Inches color transflective TFT 16777216 scales 800×480 WVGA. It means 16 + million Colours. I'm quite happy with its performance. But the phone is not meant for music lovers & there is no FM Radio. Of course upgradable for FM it seems, which I didn't dare do, for the fear, I might spoil its basic capabilities.
i have had the dell since it first come out last year i was due a upgrade from a previous iphone 3g . due to the sheer size of the dell i got roped into a 24mth contract since then i have had 5 replacement sets due to them not capable of everyday use everytime i have had to claim on the insurance due to o2 saying its not there fault or phones fault but i find its true remarkable equipment but it frezzes n just wont unfrezze it dosnt matter how many times i switch it on n off n reset the phone it wont work again i have to claim on the insurance and 02 refuse to change handset replace ot for free. 02 are useless when it comes to costumer care ! my mate has a iphone 4 and hes had it longer than i have had the dell and it hasnt let him down once therefore iphones are in leage of there own !
i want to buy this phone, but i dont know this phone can video call? please tell me? thanx
Had purchased the handset just a few days back. My serious review :
1. Screen Size rocks. Browsing,gallery views,ebooks, news reader applications are brilliant
2. Not v diff to carry and fits in ur jeans well. Jus some poking while ur riding a bike
3. Capacitive touch screen is excellent, although not comparable to an iphone
4. All applications on Android Market work beautifully
5. Legibility in sun is good when brightness is kept high
6. Compatible with bluetooth devices w/o any hassles
7. Widgets and wallpapers and the UI rocks
8. Notifications, typical of Androids are really handy for sms, system updates, FB, Twitter etc, Market etc
9. FB, Twitter, e-mail clients like gmail are well synchronised
10. Battery Life sucks big time, cannot avoid with the screen size and internet usage evident
11. Camera is not good, my Nokia N95 was much better, ditto for video
12. A bit cumbersome to take calls, but once ur used to dis, u would be the centre of attraction for all good reasons.
13. Theres some complicated method of system updating to 2.2.2 Android, just released for dis. So eventually while doing that, my dell crashed and m expecting a replacement frm dem soon (Since dis was under guarantee)
Thats about it.. Ask me more..
Will tell more..
And yea, for the price, try purchasing from US, will always be cheaper. M from India, where its 30k, coming to around 650$
for the 2.2 still GSMarena didn't post the review... in fact i was asking them to make review after the 2.2 upgrade
the screen is 256k or 16 million colours please some one help i am planning to buy this phone
Hi friends last week got my dell streak. Its nice n. Only i wont b able to make video call and can't send msg without receiving call. Plz help me coz it was very easy with my last phone samsung galaxy s. Plz help
Just got the phone and it is damn big as a phone. HTC Thunderbolt is 4.3" but is much smaller compare to Dell Streak 5
Hello I've bought my Dell Streak with android 1.6 where I had options to set my camera ( megapixels, video format, etc). Now with android 2.2 I can't do this anymore. Is there a posibility to set up my camera somehow? Thank you best regard
AnonD-4528, 11 Apr 2011hi anybody just wanted to know, on standby mode how much RAM your device eats (please do not... moreI get a ram of about 254 just after killing all the running apps and yes, you can edit office docs on the cell. There are various apps on the market (some free and some paid) that can help you do that.
Hi gsm arena,give me explanation to make my device get video record 720p. I have been using 2.2 froyo but i not found to setting resolution camera and video rcrd.