Hi guys,have been using this tab for a couple of months, it is a very kool gadget to have....i had a question... with the yahoo messenger app on this, it uses the back camera for video chat...is there a way i can use the front camera....is there a video chat option in Skype...Thanx for your help
first of all Dell streak is one super cool gadget. Has everything i need and anybody would want. Super huge screen, good picture quality good video presentation.
There are certain things i would like to share. 1. Yes the battery backup is short but learn how to use the battery then it will last. If you believe to use gprs 24 hours and want the battery to last not possible, touch screen vibrator has to be turned off. background sync of data for 24 should be stopped. then it will surely last.
2. Someone said on the list that it was sold by saying it was android 2.2 . You are mistaken earlier it came with android 1.6 only there were only some few dell stores abroad which sold 2.2 else an upgrade to 2.2 works fine for me.
3. someone said its too heavy... i wear formals in office yet i carry my phone to office and gives me no problem handling the weight. If you had so much of problem with the weight you should have thought of it before getting fascinated.
Dell is one delicate gadget and too sensitive. Flood it with applications you need. else yes flooding it with too many useless apps may make your dell to hang. Mine works perfectly fine.
MY 1st gadget in 2011 was dell streak kicking off Xperia
I have the Steak and I love it. I have owned a lot of phones and this is by far the best for me. It is NOT for everyone though. I travel a lot so I use the enormous screen a lot. The build quality is par none and it is speedy. The screen is GORGEOUS!
Holla, 24 Mar 2011U have to purchase the app fringo or skype or tango go to market search video chat freethe funtion ok or not...
Hi shilpa hear ple help me i dont no how to do video call in strek,./.,
rkalania, 20 Mar 2011frnds can u plzz tell me how can i make a video call from dell streak?U have to purchase the app fringo or skype or tango go to market search video chat free
AnonD-3603, 12 Mar 2011I have recently bought a DELL STREAK.Since by mistake my brother had first logged in with his ... moreHI BaiBhav, go to privacy in settings and click factory data reset. The device will be reset and on start up you can enter your own gmail id.
AnonD-3603, 12 Mar 2011I have recently bought a DELL STREAK.Since by mistake my brother had first logged in with his ... moreFrom settings, go into Accounts and Sync. Tap on email account which has your brothers ID. and Click on Remove Account.
The best tablet ever....no words to describe...this is THE BEST...than any other tabs. Waiting for 2.3 update..
Awesome guys...havent seen a better one than this....i use it as a mini laptop and can make calls also...this is just tooo good.Dont waste time....Dell also gives a years advance exchange,,,,,
To answer the questions:
1. the battery life sucks with v1.6 but is great with v2.2
2. the camera is also only really good in daytime outside. (no phone camera is even "good" in the dark.
3. The UI is Android so the launcher screen is customizable and interchangeable with different launcher programs.
Hello I purchased a Dell Streak for the simple reason was that my eye sight is not what it used to be and I seeing if there is life after an Iphone 3gs.
1) it is heavier
2) bigger in size ( half tablet , half phone )
3) did not hook up to my PC big problem
4) spent 4 days with every technition the phone company had)
5) When purchasing always make sure that you getting what you are paying for and do not fall into the you can upgrade this .I was sold an android 2.2 and in fact it was a 1.6. Upgrades did not work
6)I did notice that it did respond to the internet better than that of the Iphone when it came to You tube.Like instant.
7) The keyboard I found to be small and you have to type to the top of the letter. I seemed to spend a lot of time correcting my messengering . The good part was that it was quickly giving you available words to select instead of typing the whole word out.
8) The two camera system was fine and the flash unit was pretty bright and strong. There are plenty of photo options with this camera.
9) I was unable to hook up to skype maybe it was because the phone and laptop were having issues and not talking to each other.
10 ) Found that texting with this unit was difficult.
11) Did all the upgrades on the unit and still did not want to talk to the computer. Computer is a two year young compaq.
12)I returned the unit back to the store without a problem .Excuse , excuse , excuse. In all fairness I will give this unit another chance to redeem itself.
planning to get dell streak. give me idea
how it works.
hey wanted to know if the battery life of the streak is good or no
frnds can u plzz tell me how can i make a video call from dell streak?
1] how is the battery backup?
2] does it hangs?
3] how is the camera i am using sony x10 its camera is good in daylight but its not good in dark so i need a good camera?
4]how is the user interface?
Dell Streak QUALITY ISSUE
I bought Dell Streak on 11 March 2011. The sales man told me that it has got two cameras. One one the front for video chatting/calls and the rear one (5M Pixels) for taking picture. After I bought it, just realised the front Camera is not working. I tried with Mirror Apps, live chats on Skype & Yahoo; but all my effort wasted..
heya guys one of da best mobile i ve ever seen and yaa i gt it for 30k as of highest bt its awesum guys in ma point of u dis is da best mobile u n choose yaa...!!
it cost IDR 5299000 or USD 600
I dont know why but im in love with this one and the urge to buy is huge. i want to know about the quality of sound and reception of signals im currently using sony satio for last one year and god had i not bought it so expensive i would have fed it to dogs.the signal sucks, so many call drops, the only place one can make a call is if one is standing beneath a tower.other thing is sound call.i just cant hear anything wht the other guy is saying.
so asking how is the call sound quality, is it audible n loud enough and how good is signal strength etc