When using the GPS, does the M700 have to connect to the internet (and thereby incur data charges) or can I use it even if I don't have any data plan with my current provider?
Hi Guys i just baught myself an eten m700 its working perfectly fine for me but reading all the negative comments i am getting really upset that i purchased. This phone is pretty costy and what i dont understand how is it that the voting results on this phone are so high but yet so many negative complains.
Furthermore if any one knows any way i can update or add any features to thos phone making it better for use let me know please.
I have a M700 and have to agree with many points of the postings:
- No Support replies from ETEN.
- Very confusing WebSite (not clearly stated what downloadable files apply for what WM version or similar). The local agent has an even more confusing structure of the website and guides for some udpates to sub-supplier companies of Software. So it is up to the ETEN user to study these 3rd party software websites to find any possible updates - this is NOT done by ETEN or the Agent and posted on the ETEN site. I looked at least at one such site, but could not find any reference to my M700 there - so how could I find the right updates?
- The Birthday Reminder Software from ETEN distorts all Outlook pictures to a square format
- I use WM6 and 10 days ago it locked me out. Just as I changed battery it did not recognice my lock password any more. so for the rest of my business trip I had no phone at all. Back home I was told that I have to cold-boot the device - i.e. everything gone. Since then the GPS does not work any more ... have to see how to fix it, but support of ETEN leaves much to be desired
- Keyboard has NO illumination for special characters, makes it difficult to use at night
- But some time ago I made the mistake to try the encryption - turned it on. Since then about 70% of the files and software that I have on the memory card can not be read. It seem WM6 is refusing to recognize these files with the addional extension at all. Have also still to see how to solve this issue. So be careful when you turn the Encryption on (it sounds good, but after the first booting the files on the Memory card turn useless.
Good sides I find is the speaker - it is of good volume.
Could anyone please tell me how can i find out witch OS version i have?
thanks a lot!
This phone rocks!!! :p
DON"T BUY IT
This device has a lot of serious bugs.
-icons disapeare into thin air.
-list of installed programs also.
-verry bat BT-interface witch makes the use of carkits impossibel.
-Device related activesync problems.
-Radio simply quits on you. Stops dialling. Reset is requiered.
Al kind of vage failures in sending and receiving E-mail. Attachments can't be sent.
This list of bugs is almost endless.
-No support what so ever. The producer doesn't responce to questions.
So DON"T BUY it. Be warned. It looks great BUT IT ISN"T
could anyone please tell me the real dimensions of this beauty?
thanks a lot
Hi I just got my M700 and I upgraded it to WM6 and its great! I only thing I don't like is the volume is too low but I saw some post on how to fix that just have not tried it yet
I have had the phone for 3 months, was reasonably happy with it, although I was unable to update it to WM6. However, the touch screen stopped working, which makes the phone and pda essentially worthless. I am traveling and have sent several emails to ETEN asking for help and have received NO help. I cannot recommend any ETEN product and in particular the M700, because I cannot believe I am the only one with this problem with the M700 and with the lack of support.
Hi, need some help here, I have a M700 upgraded to WM6, due the fact the cell sometimes lockup and is necessary to remove the batery to get it working again. With WM5, the problem was worst, so we upgrade to WM6, however, problem persist.
Hello, I just received my M700 in the mail. It's a great phone to say the least. I have a couple of questions: 1) Can anyone tell me how to search for WiFi connections and 2) Does anyone know of a good website to download software for the M700. Thanks!
hy, please help me with a software for instant messaging for yahoo. X700 came with agile messenger preinstalled, but u need to buy the licence, M700 did not had any software preinstaled for messaging. What can u use for mobile instant messaging? free - if it is posible
I am using glofish M700.i am facing problem with key board. when I am going to type something (sms or word) all the lights going off within 3 sec this is happening only sometimes. But phone is working.
Is that product fault or something else?
Please give me a solution for this.
Hope somebody will help for this matter…
Mail me:- firstname.lastname@example.org
I am facing problem with my m700.when I am going to use key board (typing sms or word ) light getting off within 3 sec. but mobile is on. that’s happening some time only. is that bug or something.
Please if you know the solution for this problem help me.
I am interested in this phone to replace my Garmin iQue M5. Does the M700 come with any mapping/routing software? Can I use my Garmin software on the M700? How do you load the software onto the Glofish?
no GPS wil not disconnect .. you can process your call .. GPS work in background without trouble
look exactly the same 90% as my htc tytn and my toshiba g900
why did eten want to do this design and why do they want to make it soo confusing when it comes to appearences?
i bought this phone in 5/2007 and its a dream. no other phone brings to the table what the glofiish does. my friends still cant believe what it does. sound quality is amazing. gps rocks (especially with Copilot Live 6). wifi is super fast. connectivity w/windows vista is smooth and fast. 3rd party products are endless...view mpeg, avi, wmv, ect. 2 gig microsd card has plenty of room. cant say enough good thing. i wish it was same price as iPhone though...but iphone doesnt touch this pocket pc. great product for a company that is unknown in the US.
can anyone pls help me. coz i have a bad experience with the phone while i making call. very noise echo i read throw all the opinion here. There are ppl say to upgrade the ROM. but how? can anyone teach? pls.. but overall M700 is a very nice and a good phone.