No, this phone is not compatible with Verizon Wireless. Verizon uses CDMA technology, and this phone uses GSM technology (SIM cards). Sorry buddy.
This mobile uses Samsung S3C2440, which in turn uses an ARM920T 32 bits RISC processor:
So this mobile phone uses a 32bits CPU.
the HTC doesn't have a keyboard...
this is a really bad point...
than the processor of 400 mhz is more important than 16 or 32 bits...
u might be right but p3300 is smaler ,nicer and it works great. dont forget that HTC is no 1 in Windows mob phone...about eten i dont know what to say...asembled on a boat in free wather of dubai... maybe?
kln, anyone can google and find m700's Samsung S3C2440 400 MHz CPU is 32bit too and yes, you forgot the m700 has a slideout qwerty keyboard and has a real audio jack separate from the usb.
Of course, along with liking the "cheap" TI OMAP850 200 MHz CPU you probably like a proprietary extusb for audio when not charging or syncing, like the weaker battery and like playing with your loose screwball on the 3300 and spitting on it when gets dirty, which are cute things you will miss on the more professional m700.
..HTC P3300 is beter because have the same function but is smaller and light with abouth 40g and most important have a 200Mh procesor witch work at 32bit rather than 400 at 16bit. and the last thing the p3300 is only 400 euro in ROMANIA
I have M700 and it's a very nice phone. Regarding the ROM I have 300. what is the latest ROM? What benefits the new ROM update has?. Is it a safe opeartion to upgarde? please reply
I have used it before. It is alright. Nothing special about it. Amazes me how it can such good reviews though. Nice but boring.
This "phone" (how zou call it) has the best battery life, most slim design with qwerty keyboard and gps and wifi... so zes its ugly, but good!
The points for this device is justified because i feel the actual users have a better idea and feel of the phone than people who just read the reviews. people who are upset with freezes should realise that that is common with windows devices? The design is very good and though i was sceptical about the GPS let me tell you its awesome. Tried TOM TOM and iguidance and i feel iguidance is faster and it rocks. I also like the Mdesk and quicklink features provided by eten.
After holding the HTC Tytn and the Eten M700, you suddenly realise that M700 is weightless in comparison. Awesome. Also the guys at eten forum are very helpful. They go out of way to solve each others problems.I would definitely recommend this phone unless you want to wait for its 3G version
i dont know why such regular uncommon fone has rated such excellent
i think its not gooooooooooooooood
it look bad
though the i300 lacks the m700's sliding qwerty keyboard and quadband world roaming, it looks like a nice phone if it were available in the u.s.
at least the m700 has touchscreen and looks to be less expensive than those e90 and n95 symbian phones, which btw you can also run the tomtom 6 gps navigation software on the m700 just fine
About the problems of Dr. F. Shalabi, many users of M700 had different opinions, and still think it's a good machine and great buy, including me.
I am not surprise at Gigabyte i300 rating at all. I had to get mine directly from Taiwan. The size is perfect and very stable. The problem is they are hard to find and TomTom doesn't work without GPS Gate. I heard they will be releasing a ROM update soon. Hope that will fix the problem.
for my very bad luck I bought thid stupid expensive machine, I feel that somebody fooled me and took my money. the more I'm using this stupid machine the more I'm discovering its problems, it is no more than 10 days that I bought it and I'm completely fed up of its problems
I reported some of the problems I have to the company but no support at all
this is the letter I've sent to the support
I'm Dr. F. Shalabi. I’m used of using Pocket PC as phone devices. I new about your product (ETEN M700) from the Saudi market and the web site of Eten. Frankly the advertisements attracted me a lot, especially when I saw that it included both GPS and FM tuner in addition to all the other features that other brand names have, except for the 3G support. Its price is about 800US$ which is somewhat high, so I took the risk of buying this marvelous device. When I got the device it was my greatest shook; I had tens of problems, I tried to report them in a scientific way to the agent. The only thing they did is to install the new software. Non of the problems was solved, surprisingly they told me we an’t help you anymore, because; when it accepts a signal this means there is no hardware problem. The problem is with the software. So no changing of the device and no solution for the problems.
Sir, for me as a customer it doesn't matter whether the problem is software or hardware or even the problem is with compatibility with the provider’s networks, since you give a product to the market with a high price between a lot of good reputation competitors, it should be competing the others, or at least it should give me a service equaling to its price.
I'm very sad for losing my money for a very primitive mobile (as I'm using it now), I'll report you with some of the problems, and I wish that I'll find a solution from you since the local agent didn't help me.
While using the device M700 I faced many problems, unfortunately a lot of them are non-reproducible (I faced them one time, I can’t give the reason for that and can’t get them another time to report them, but they happen every now and then without a reason) but these are some reproducible and others I met a lot of times:
1. Keyboard problems: after using the shift whenever you press the space it’ll change the language (10 characters or even more)
2. Sometimes multiple pressing of shift and function key (the red dot) will change the language.
3. The text message is only 70 character length in English or Arabic, which should be 160 in English and 70 in Arabic
4. The soft key “Calendar” opens the frequently dialed numbers, sometimes after hard reset it will change into “Frequently Dialed Numbers” (not stable)
5. In the calendar; when you press the time it’ll edit the date and when you press the date it’ll edit the time.
6. GPS altitude is not right: if you turn on the device you’ll get the altitude, turn it off then on it’ll give totally different reading (50 meters or more difference), this is while using the given software and others.
7. The flash of the camera sometimes works after you take the image (not stable sometimes normal sometimes after)
8. The flash of the camera doesn’t work with the video mode
9. The radio works only with the headphones
10. When the battery goes empty, the machine turns off with the light of the 4-way navigation, send and end keys are on.
11. Also the battery can’t be recharged after complete discharging until I remove the battery and return it, then remove and put the plug 4-5 times
12. Sometimes when you remove the battery and return it, you can’t operate until 5 minutes pass, a flashing red light appear in the charging/signal LED
13. The voice commander is tried several times with different voices, it is not responding in the right way.
14. According to the manual, there should be a tab under the voice commander settings named Digit Training for digital dialing; this tab is not available in the mobile. In addition, the advanced settings should include setting for the length and sensitivity of the digital dialing, which is not here.
15. Sometimes the today screen hangs up and stays empty and nothing will resolve it except “restore factory settings”
16. While using the phone there is a very loud echo heard from both the speaker and the receiver of the call
17. when I reset it, the settings of the phone will change especially that for vibration and ring tone
Sir, I wish I’ll find a solution from you. If I have no solution I’ll be very sorry to sell this device as a used one in the market… at that time I’ll sell it in a very low price in the market, to give the indication of the problems it has especially that it is still very new in the Saudi market. And I’ll not keep any instance without advice the others that I was deceived by the advertisement for the lot of problems it has.
I have been used m700 for one month, good GPS service, and almost no bug, I feel the thousands votes and rating about m700 is correct.