There should be a patch for HCSD cards up to 8Gb wich worked fine for the Glofiish X500 and X500+. Not sure it works for the X800.
6GB MicroSDHC or 8GB MicroSDHC I try to buy this type of memory but not sure it support X800 . please help
BTW, have you checked the main Eten's website???
Check before post ridiculous opinions like that!!
No, X800 is not on Eten's website because they have made a new one for it.....
Eten doesn't mention about this model on its web site
It means that this cell phone has some problems and they aren't sure about its success.
Let us know if the firmware update solves some of your problems if not all. E-ten always releases its products in Rusia and surrounding countries first. It seems that EU releases are more stable. Let's hope the NA releases are stable as well with the latest firmware. May be this why their original September launch was postponed to October.
Bought it In Romania for one week. My ROM version is X800 VER A04 WWE 040 0324(2007/09/28 12:43). It seems that this version has a lot of bugs, many people who have bought it in Romania have the same problem. Anyway there is a new version released by Eten (0363). I'l try it tonight. Hope nothing bad happends.
Have you updated your firmware. The latest update is on etencorp. I am not sure (just a speculattion) but it seems that there are some pre-production x800 (buggy) out there and some people are selling them. Where did you get it from?
Bought it for one week. Everything ok except the RAM. I tried to use it for navigation but it does not work with Igo, Miomap, neither with TomTom. It says "Memory Full" and crashes. After soft reset I have 20 Mb of RAM but after one day of normal use only 15 Mb (no programs running in the back acording to Task Manager or WisBar Advance). Is there anybody who can help me make this damn thing work? Thanks in advance!
what about the joystick?
i generally don't like them...always breaking. is this i any better?
From usage point of view... the battery seems to last 8-10 hours for internet browsing with wifi. 4-5 hours GPS. Talk time and standby is about to the specs.
anybody know what's the battery life of dis handset? y is it not posted?
Summary of finding about the x800
- The VGA rendering for the x800 is lightly better than x500+ due to its CPU clock speed. But the CPU is still the same, just overclocked.
- No separate video processing allocation. Main CPU does all the work. Watching movies is ok as long as not other programs are running at the same time.
- Some owner's review indicates that VGA screen works well and it is still viewable outdoors(fair and better than QVGA). But not too many apps takes advantage of its VGA resolution. Mainly works under the QVGA resolution.
- Web browsing and remote PC connection works good under VGA resolutioni. No problems reported here.
- RAM is an issue with only 20 to 22MB left after reboot out of box without any other third party S/W installed. Reviews indicate that running multiple applications at the same time (3 or more depending on the application memory consumption) runs into out of memory issues.
- Many issues poped after installing the SDHC patch (same patch used for the x500). Device becomes really unstable including shutting down on its own. Install at your own risk type of scenario.
- No problems were reported when the x800 is used with all its preinstalled apps. Out of the box performance were Ok as well.
- GPS works and performs very good.
I wait in anticipation of this PDA's arrival (expansys - will you please stop teasing me with your website delivery dates). I too have spent many nights reviewing the competition. There is NOTHING offering full VGA, GPS, decent 500 MHZ processor, 3.5G or touch screen at present or imminently.
I hope the lack of a keyboard won't be a problem.
Oh, .. ok. Thanks! :P Has anyone got any suggestions abot the new "oh my god best phone ever" ? :)
More RAM is necessary for multitasking eg if you are browsing while playing music in the background effectively having more than one application open at the same time. If RAM is deficient the device will crash or reboot or applications will sporadically close.