I've been using m10 for a few months now, and I spotted some mal-functions in this phone:
1. While making a call, I got a black screen when exit from screen-off mode and the screen was no response.
2. Sms alert not activated untill I wake the phone from sleep mode.
3. Many times, the "call note" would just appear without any relevant gesture. It's kind of annoyance.
4. The screen lock activated immediately onced I pressed the dial pad. Not user friendly.
5. There's certainly some bugs in the phone function. I just couldn't get a smooth operation out of it.
I think this should be the last WM phone for me, and most probably the last Asus phone for me too. Anyway, still hope they can update their firm ware to solve all those bugs problems.
Is m10 worth a recommendation? I would say if you are looking for good navigator phone, go for it; you have to prepare to sacrifice a piece of user friendly plus phone device though.
Design: 7 (- iphone copied)
Features: 7 (satisfactory specs)
Performance: 6 (would be lower if w/o Garmin GPS)
garmin-asus-m10 is completly
busness phone an what a navigation i slut garmin very good ph with gd specification.
Anonymous, 12 Jul 2010anyone know how to put the 2 dfference contact numbers in 1 phone contact name? appreciate for... moreFirst you select New contact and then select Outlook Contact. In this menu add so many numbers.
this phone has autofocus, you need to click on the screen where you want to focus.
kiacanto, 14 Apr 2010I love the GPS function... still trying out this phone.... By the way, my M10 screen will ... moreu can adjust the time set for the screen to go off. that you will find in the power saving mode while checking out battery.
ASUS user, 01 Jul 2010Hands on M10 for 3 months now. Below is my personal comment from a user's pov. Cons: 1. t... more i totally agree. have been using one for three months and it feels like the developers did not put much effort into the software development. but overall its ok...
I owned 1 for 2mths and sold it off at a low price,the phone keep hanging,when a call comes in the ringtone will come on for 3 sec and stop only vibrating,the unlock screen sometimes will hang also...beware,I feel the best phone on the market is the Galaxy S,guys pls go for it.
anyone know how to put the 2 dfference contact numbers in 1 phone contact name? appreciate for the help!
its very good phone with a good camers clearity go for it its good
I don't think Garmin map sucks! Actually, its the other way around. Garmin maps are better and precise than google maps or nokia maps. i've download nokia maps but the maps are way behind garmin! I think that those who complaints about garmin never used it before. Garmin actually saved in getting lost everytime i needed it. It could also save ur life!!
Garmin map sucks!
Google map, Nokia's map, Agis map, ... are better.
Why? Go try compare it yourselves and you will know.
I'm not talking about the 'GPS' - it's the MAP SET.
confused, 26 Jun 2010hi hi is the gps free for life?
if got new roads in singapore, upgrade map is free?
how fast... morethe connection is quite fast with the GPS. you can also use google map as navigation, but needs wifi or gprs connection to use.
the map update is available in Garmin website and is free.
i tried Agis map came with P535 and i found it better than Garmin map bcos it has more features on the map and easier to use also.
Hands on M10 for 3 months now.
Below is my personal comment from a user's pov.
1. the keyboard lack of a button to numeric keys
2. the auto numeric keypad is not seamlessly integrated with the Garmin navigation software
3. soft-button function keys (eg. zoom button, etc) are not available on the bottom-bar
4. the up-down arrow scrolling buttons are not available in most of the screens. why???
5. certain applications are not cater for local use!!
6. Garmin navigation software is very un-unser-friendly. new user will get lost while trying to search for a relative function
7. I missed a few calls due to call pick up function not working!!
8. Today page not viewable in horizontal screen
9. no function to switch off auto-on of GPS while phone reseted
10. the map sets: 2010.10 & 2010.20(latest) create duplicate POIs and points descriptions can't show up
11. advanced users who have tried other GPS software would probably not want a M10 as navigator
12. overall software not intuitive, not user-friendly
13. phone unlock bar placed at the wrong location
14. where is the configuration utility?
Summarize the cons:
M10's software is a messy design whereby fragments of applications are not seamlessly integrated with one another. The bottom-bar is not fully utilized and clearly shows a lack of effort of the software developer. This is more like a beta version, but if updates are available, then it will be much appreciated.
1. very value-for-money with so much functions!!
2. GPS is fast and accurate
3. long battery life
4. nice interface
5. acceptably smooth with WindowsMobile phone
6. classic design which is nice looking
7. well, you pay what you get. so what's more?
Summarize the pros:
Value for money with its impressive specifications. Overall functions are moderately fast and doesn't require to a reset that often.
I hope ASUS(or Garmin) could put more effort in developing their mobile software on this phone. Even though there's a price and quality relationship concern, a lazily-developed product may brings down a company's competitiveness.
hi hi is the gps free for life?
if got new roads in singapore, upgrade map is free?
how fast is the connecting speed?
my omnia2 varies.
lets say if i come out of the car park it will take hoe long to connect to lead me to my destination or it will connect immediately just like the car garmin navigator?
1) The Camera does not have autofocus fuction.
2)The close-up photo taking is not very clear; no close-up fuction. so it is difficulut to take clear picture of documents for reading. no flash
3)The navigation on the map is good, response to GPS is fast.
4)Speacker is clear.