nex, 16 Jul 2010In indonesia call NEXIAN Journey.... 258 eurono, in indonesia is usd258.....
anything new about the update?? will it be possible to update to 2.1 ?? The 600MHz is kinda low for that isn`t it?
and did someone managed to surpass the 8 hour battery life? :P
JP, 12 Jul 2010What's the SAR on this phone?sar 1.06 w/kg
In indonesia call NEXIAN Journey.... 258 euro
In portugal its 179.90 euro simfree... also known as OPTIMUS BOSTEN
0€ in spain and 20€/month 18 months.
What's the SAR on this phone?
Orange Boston, 09 Jul 2010I wanted to post a review (even though a little early maybe) because I imagine there will be l... morereally a fair review - there's nothing more to say. i also bought the phone from orange romania because of the very good price / specs ratio (120 euros with vat) - and after 4 days of use i can say that i'm totally happy with it.
The real price is 184 euros VAT included , too much
to pay for "an excuse of a smartphone" ,
100 euros is the price with a 24 months contract
from "Orange" in Romania.
I wanted to post a review (even though a little early maybe) because I imagine there will be lots of people who will want this phone after reading its specifications and noticing its price.
I own this phone since yesterday. I conceived this review for people who are thinking about buying this mobile phone but are not quite sure about its capabilities, people who would normally buy it but consider it “too good to be true”. I was in the same position, but I decided to risk it. And I am glad I did. J
The good parts:
- Internet speed with its built-in browser is very, very good (tested on a Wi-Fi connection); Internet speed is also extremely good on other phone browsers (such as MiniOpera, the one I installed); I did not test the speed with dedicated software. Suffice to say that you need not worry about this detail when deciding to buy it;
- The display is big enough for reading documents, newspapers and watching movies; its image quality is really good – it could be better, but it will do in most of the situations; colors are very good; the LCD lighting can be set to "auto", to set its luminosity depending on the environmental light and thus reduce power consumption; the display also shuts down while speaking on the phone (with the help of a sensor), also to increase battery service.
- The price vs. features is without competition, at least at the moment;
- Picture quality is good, but not outstanding; maximum movie time is of one minute, but I did not transfer it to a PC to see the capture quality on a monitor; Anyway, I really did not buy this phone for taking pictures. It will help when you come across something really interesting that you want to shoot, but if you want good quality pictures, buy a digital camera!
- For those not familiar with the Android OS, the Android “Market” has lots and lots of free applications that you can download and install in no time on your mobile; these applications range from Car Costs all the way to Google maps – which brings me to the other feature.
- The GPS works well – it connects quickly to the satellite and displays your precise location on the Google map; you can of course install other GPS software, such as iGo.
- The keypad takes a little time to get used to, but you are able to “master it” in about 2 hours (even if you don’t have small finger tips J); after that you should be able to very easily text messages or type Internet addresses; the pad is also very logical and easy to use.
- The two buttons under the screen are very useful, especially when wanting to make a phone call during other activities, such as driving – you KNOW that this button does this and the other one does that, and so there’s no need to look at the screen all the time and be careful what icon you tap in order to initiate a phone call. While I am here, the roll ball between the two buttons is also very useful at selecting different items in a list and initiating operations on those.
- It has a 3.5 mm jack socket which will come in handy when wanting to use other types of headphones than the ones supplied.
The bad parts:
- The worst bug that I found until now is that it was impossible to send or receive files using its Bluetooth functionality. I tried this with two Sony Ericsson models, and I could not complete it. I am going to try this with a Nokia too, but I’ve heard that other people have already complained about this, so it might be a bug.
- You can only block the screen by pressing the power button (located on the upper edge). However, the auto-blocking time can be set (minimum 30 seconds).
- The battery provided only about 8 hours of intense usage (Internet browsing, installing applications, playing, setting the phone etc.)
- If you have missed calls and the mobile is in stand-by, it does not let you know about these - it does not light the screen or anything like that.
- Don’t compare it with an iPhone or some other very expensive phone. You will be disappointed. It is not that nice, but it’s 3 or 4 times cheaper (at least in Romania). Even if it’s a lot cheaper, it can still do maybe everything that an iPhone, HTC or other smartphone does. This is an honest gadget and most probably you will be happy that you chose this phone instead of another one that could have set you back hundreds of Euros. When buying this phone, you are not buying social identity and status. Instead, you buy a good, practical tool that will help in your daily activity just as well (or maybe better) as a SonyEricsson or a HTC, but at a price that’s much lower.
- I am not sure yet if it will be possible to upgrade the Android software to the new version (2.1).
- Everybody who saw it found it to be a good phone for a correct price.
In deed was launched these days in Romania under the name of Orange Boston at a price around 100 EURO.
batery life for normal use is about 8 to 24h. Never more than 24h if you use it! And if you really use it, even less than 8h.
Anonymous, 01 Jul 2010Codfish?? What the hell is CODFISH???
here it is known as Boston, not Codfish.
it would be unthinkable to name a mobile phone "bacalhau" (codfish), our most popular fish for making traditional dishes.
Codfish?? What the hell is CODFISH???
Please tell me how much is the battery holding with moderate use. Thank you
I bay this phone, for the price is a excellent equipment, i still wait for android 2.1 :)
The camera comes without autofocus.
G R, 28 Jun 2010Hy guys. I'm planning on buying this phone in the near future,but i want to set something stra... moreAs I know, you need root acces on any android phone the receive with bluetooth, but you can send with a free program from android market (I don't remember it). This is a small problem of the android, any version if I remember well.
batery is weak, using internet sync. only 8h!! youtube usage only 2h! GPS its good, but you need more batery's