I am having some problems with this phone - wonder if anyone else has had these problems:
1. When people call me sometimes, they get 'phone not switched on' message. On my end, I receive a message - 'you have a missed call'. The phone has not been used at all in this process. And the mobile signal is fine. I noticed this kind of problem with the fake chinese phones, but out of clue why here.
2. The battery - sometimes it will last for up to 5-6 days (with small number of calls), normally 3-4 days. At some times, without any further load (programs, calls) it lasts only for 10 hours?
In my experience, the phone is so-so (maybe because I came across a defective one, I don't know - other users seem to like it generally). On the bad side I would put:
1.CPU is slow (especially with several programs on);
2. Software adaptation - not well-tuned. (The most irritating one is the lack of dedicated 'Back' button, which will go back only one step, not 'back to the start menu'. Really frustrating.)
3. All contacts call from SIM 1 by default. It beats me, why SIM 2 contacts can't call from this card by default. Also, to call from SIM 2 in contacts, you need to open a Menu and choose from there. The two buttons (Call SIM 1 and Call SIM 2) should be on every screen where contacts appear - tried to write to Gigabyte about that, but the English version of their site doesn't seem to work - if anyone has a contact point, please post.
4. Camera - average to low quality, no autofocus.
Aside from that, the phone is o.k. - if you don't expect too much for this price. WiFi works fine, other users have been happy with the GPS too (have not tried it myself). Battery life is fine. The phone is not dual active SIMs, but that is indicated in the specs. It is fully compatible with WinXP,etc. (although it will not sync without 'MS Outlook' - this is not the 'Outlook Express' mailer, installed on your PC, it is a different program - confusing name mix) Read somewhere that an there is extra software, which can be programmed to your liking - if anyone has info, please post.
My two cents...
Can anyone tell me how to get the original rom? I have a corrupt update and would go back to the original rom.
What can I say... great phone, great battery life . I totally agree with Mr.Adamski.
The two Sim cards are working properly and the GPS also.
Some comments about GPS feature on GSmart S1205
I am using IGO8 software and it works very good with this phone even with 1GB memory card. But if you wont to have a lot of maps it is better to use 2 GB memory card. My only remark related to GPS feature is the fact that if you change screen orientation to landscape IGO8 does not work properly. Also before you start IGO8 for the firs time you should set software port to COM4, baud rate to 4800 and hardware port should be DISABLED or IGO8 will bring out message "GPS device not connected"!
Some words about the battery life...
I've been using this phone for about one month. Currently I need to recharge it approx. every 5-6th day..
My "user" profile:
- talking time: 10-20 min/day
- 1 SIM online 24h/day
- 2 SIM online 8h/day (5 days/week)
- Bluetooth connection (car) 2h/day
- Internet 1-2h/day (Email/Opera Mini)
So... I'm far away from saying the battery life is poor..
arden, 26 May 2010GPS function: it was a time for me too to learn using the GPS in the phone: but you do not hav... moreCould you please explain with more details installation procedures and parametrization of IGO8 for S1205.
Thank you SMota.But Im looking for a shop in mumbai and not via the internet.
If you could please guide me for the same.
Anonymous, 18 Jul 2010Where to buy in Mumbai, India?? Pls help. Thankyou.You go here www.aliexpress.com
Pete, 03 Jul 2010Received Gigabyte GSmart S1205 with English interface on Thursday. Good functionality, but wil... morePls can u tell me that while using gprs or calling from either of the sim, then from another sim unable to attend any incomings sms or call?
Is this facility also present in gsmart s1205 and philips xenium x503 like samsung dual sims?
If this facility not available then their is no use of dual sim?
Pete, 03 Jul 2010Received Gigabyte GSmart S1205 with English interface on Thursday. Good functionality, but wil... moreCan u pls tell me that while using gprs or calling from either of the sim, then from another sim unable to attend any incomings sms or call?
Is this bug get fixed in new s1205 rom upgrade available on 15-7-2010 at www.gigabytecm.com/eng/s1205?
If it does not support Dual Active Calling then it is of no use of dual sim.
Can anybody tell me that while using gprs or calling from either of the sim, then from another sim unable to attend any incomings sms or call?
Is this bug get fixed in new s1205 rom upgrade?
marwan, 29 Jun 2010Hi there Is there any chance to change the lang to English?WHAT??? are you fron Czech? I bought mine from Czech in english. Why would you buy from China when it's right there next door to you?
Received Gigabyte GSmart S1205 with English interface on Thursday. Good functionality, but will take a little getting used to. Compact, well designed but did not arrive with local power supply (via ebay - China) but the it looks as though my old Nokia chargers (AC & car) work fine. That's a winner! Very happy ... at this stage
only one thing favours this fone, quand band in both the sims..other than that, fone isnt worth buying..