Vinodh3, 18 Feb 2015Gionee Elife E7 started rolling out Android Kitkat 4.4.2 not Lollipop. Anyway we have to wait ... moreUr simply ungrateful. How many phones currently have what ur asking. What is wrong with KitKat now?
After upgrading to kitkat i think the battery backup as weakened . battery dont lasts for long when compare to the earlier version .Can anyone help me to sort it out.
in elife 7 there is problem with screen activity. Its very irritating when i read any important document and the screen fades. I set screen inactivity to 1 min but after an hour or two it become to default 15 sec. this problem occurs after kitkat update. please give solution with lollipop update as early as possible.
it is just opened...from 11:28 am till now it is already 6:36pm my E7 fone is still hanging..u cant turn it off, u cant charge it coz no sign that d battery is charging, its not moving at all..it sumtyms becomes hotter..it is just opened and d lcd is bright and showing d last page u viewed..u ant slide it...what to do..PLEASE I WANT TO USE MY FONE!!!!!
litu, 05 Mar 2015I upgrade my e7 to KitKat but in this KitKat version so many problems notification light is bl... morehey....man notif. light will blink till u read all ur unread messages nd calls .. whether its hike whtsapp nd messaging clearing it from notif. bar will not stop led....
I upgrade my e7 to KitKat but in this KitKat version so many problems notification light is blinking all time brightness not working properly timeout display not working properly
Please update KitKat to lollipop
My guide to correct the problems that you might face after KK update:
1. Ensure that after update you are FULL factory resetting the phone. Go to Settings -> All Settings -> Backup and Reset -> Factory Data Reset -> Check all checkboxes and proceed.
2. After you are done with reset, go to play store and update whatever can be updated there.
3. Go to music -> Songs -> Open Settings from top right corner of the screen -> DTS Effect -> Set it to 'Default'. This is a MUST and resolved the earphone issue. Music quality is much better too, after disabling this.
4. Camera is now a little noisier than before and may face some difficulties in AutoFocus. Try out various 3rd party camera apps. Each one gives different result. For me ProCapture and HD Camera Ultra worked best.
5. Install Nove Launcher from Google Play Store and set it as default launcher. This is also a MUST if you want smooth, fluid performance.
Hope you people enjoy KitKat on E7.
There are still some glitches that I find like phone occasionally restarting but that is a very minor issue and happens very rarely.
loveboo, 02 Mar 2015How can i turn it into kitkat version ? Simply go to system update...it will show an update of 900 MB approx
titi, 03 Mar 2015I got kitkat on my e7 on the 1st of match.its true it was difficult to download. However, its ... moreKitKat version is smoother... Of course jellybean was good too but now notifications panel is changed. Cabc function is pretty good too
Kundan, 02 Mar 2015First they made their customers to wait ages for the upgrade.. now once upgrade is out they ha... moreYeah I wondered it was just me who is getting network anamoly error... Yeah gionee servers were seem to be overloaded when update came on 27 Feb
There are still some issues like dialer crashing ...noise issue in headphones that need to be resolved via some patch over ota
jamie, 02 Mar 2015After Kitkat update in Gionne elife e7 the notifications and call dialing are crashing. Any i... moreYeah I was getting "unfortunately contacts stop working" . I just disabled Google plus
Anonymous, 04 Mar 2015The headphone problem..... Open music. Play any song. Open the equiliser. Set to default. ... moreHi, nope, it didn't solve the issue. By selecting default the music volume is decreased, try increasing the volume and you will notice the problem. They need to fix this by sending a patch OTA. hope they do.
even i had the problem, you have to do a factory reset.
dont forget to backup all your files
Does this phone supports English CWM???? . I heard that it only supports Chineese CWM.