Hi Guys, I am confused to buy Gionee E7 or Micromax Canvas Knight, I have read good review about E7 but Gionee is new to India and everyone says no to China product it is not durable could you please help me.
Which mobile should I buy?
Hi guys, I've been using the device for one 2 months now. I bought this phone from ebay, i bought this phone solely based on the reviews here. thanx for the positive reviews guys..
About the phone. In a fabulous device. I've been using xperia ray for the last 2.5 years and was really in love with it. When i thought of a new phone i was stuck bwn Samsung, sony and this new device. With the cool specifications I decided to go for Gionee. Then had to decide between 5.5 and E7. But seeing lot of review i got really confused. Then finally i decided for the E7. Now am using it and am very very happy to have it. While going through reviews, I mean almost all the reviews of E7 in Google, I saw lots of Pros and Cons of this device.
1) The most important of all was about the ear piece volume which i saw lots of complains. So i was also in depression wthr it's real or not coz i really fall in love with the device on going through the web. But trust me guys I dont feel any issues. Loud speaker volume is shrill at high volume but adjusted the equalizers and it was resolved. Volume is really good, more than my old xperia ray. Also there are some equalizer in settings to adjust the quality which will make everything clear.
2) Battery life, is good. I tried with some heavy games and software, Wifi, some videos, couple of shots with camera etc. but easly went the whole day in single charging. Also keep the display in auto bright will help. Also it's better u charge the phone for 1 hrs keeping it switched of at first.
3) Heating issue – E7 heated at the top end a bit, but not over heated while i used to play games and not during calls which is common with all phones. i made enough long duration calls but didn't had any probs with heating.
4) NFC, sorry guys haven’t tested it out. I picked this phone seeing the hardware and camera features. I will post a review if i happen to test that.
5) Camera - 16MP camera is really good but dont expect a picture quality like a SLR camera. But as a cam along with phone for daily use it will do really good. Outdoor pics with good daylight are really good. Outstanding pictures even in low light. There are lot of settings in the camera, adjusting them rightly will give a professional pic.
6) Display - 1080p 5.55" IPS display with corning Glass 3 is really great and does what it's meant to do.
I went to buy a White one but i had to go for black since they only had Black at that time. But it looks really good and premium. E7 doesnt weigh as it looks, of course it's a big phone comparing to my old RAY, it's a bit difficult to handle, but will get used to it. Thanx guys...
Anonymous, 28 Jul 2014Hi friend,
I have samsung note 2 and now i want to exchange so gionee e7 is better then no... moreI got my Gionee E7on 27th, April 2014. As far as E7 concerns it's really an awesome phone for those who are looking for xtreme graphics, and performance. The battery life is much better than the other costly cell phones. I just turned on my battery power manager and my battery life increases significantly. It's not a joke neither and i'm not lying. This phone is running flawlessly and smooth without any problem., Besides this, this phone has all the feature that a smart phone needs to have with super duper 16 MP camera for beautiful photographs, 2 GB ram for super fast performance, OTG for file transfers on pen drive and a whole 8 MP camera for selfies ;-). So yes Gionee E7 is all the way, rules in smartphones. Nice product by Gionee. Better than note 2.
I have samsung note 2 and now i want to exchange so gionee e7 is better then note 2 !! Plz. help me.
Hi I Have been using it for a couple of weeks and i hound some heating issues ,camera hang,call hanging etc..
harpreet singh, 22 Jul 2014I can hear a sound near camera when i shake it like of somthing tiking .. i went to the servic... moreYes you are right... thanks for uploading this i never noticed but just checked after u said... it has the same thing in my phone too..
Been using this phone since last 15 days. The first striking point is this is one of the smoothest and fastest smartphones on offer across all leading brands. Its easy to hold and Very handy, good grip and easy to use.
Coming to technicals, I think within this price range E7 might be the best option.
- 2GB RAM, .22 Snapdragon Quadcore, 16MP camera,16 GB internal memory. What more can you ask for.
Even Samsung mini and HTC one mini being offered at price close to E7 have inferior specs.
The User interface is crisp, Music player is quite good, quality of sound even without headsets is loud and clear. HD IPS screen gives good display and sharpness.
The experience overall is quite good. I think this is the best bet in the price range of 22-25K. Go for it.
Got this phone from a retail outlet 3 months back. Compared it with S4, Z, HTC C, etc and the price. Here is my feedback.
1. Used the Camera of this phone and it is of very high quality. High graphic games are smooth without any lag. The display is also very good. No heating issues or call drops.
2. Scratch guard for the display is of good quality.
3. The phone has Android 4.2 with Amigo and there was a promised update for kitkat and will wait for them to release official release.
4. The really good back cover case for this phone is fitting correctly and compact.
5. Uses micro-SIM. Ask mobile operator for one.
Better than many costly brands and Gionee has definitely made a huge impression
The phone is truly a masterpiece from Gionee. Amazing performance, no heating issues, awesome wifi speed, a very good battery life and preloaded with lot of useful apps. And the display is just brilliant.So, based on the phone's performance and its looks, i'll give this device 5/5.
After Spending more than a Couple Of weeks on Research and Investigation from User experiences and reviews..i Finally brought Elife E7 Couple of days back for Rs.28000/.After using the Mobile what comes to my attention was ofcourse the Blur Screen..but that could be solved easily once u get to know ur mobile..Now there is no more Blur and it is crisp and Clear as Crystal.many people says Bad things about the Amigo interface...however i find that too very friendly and not that much Different with other UI.I have been a Diehard fan of SAMSUNG and my recent latest Mobile was Samsung galaxy S2(One of the BEST Phone i ever encounterd,it never has a problem during 3 yrs of my usage).I want to try somthing new so i brought Gionee E7..Up now there is No regret and i am Completely Satisfied with it..in terms of Camera,Hardware..etc etc..No problem..very Fast..Super Screen.sounds also good..and its a Beautiful phone.I fully recommen this Phone.Go get it
I can hear a sound near camera when i shake it like of somthing tiking .. i went to the service center they said its with every set ... is that right ??
Please help just shake the phone near ear do you hear anything on the top side?
I bought this phone a week back from an offline retailer for Rs. 27,000/-. It works like the company promises. You wont feel that you are using a phone from an untested brand. the specifications are great and as mentioned. Battery life - they say 2500 mah but it runs for more than a day easily (Highest without charge (100% to 40%) - 1 day 17 hours). Only ting against this phone is the brand. I had HTC desire V before this. I am happier with this as of now. Given 5 stars inspite of it being a new brand. Hope they build on it.
mj, 20 Jul 2014i am confused between gionee elife e7 32gb vs nexus 5 32gb. main features 1. good battery (ca... moreIn terms of performance nexus 5 and elife e7 should be same. But if you want fast update nexus 5 is the way to go. Lg is a good manufacturer but im not so sure about gionee
i am confused between gionee elife e7 32gb vs nexus 5 32gb. main features
1. good battery (can compromise)
2. good looks
3. fast phone without any lags (fast processor)
4. good camera (please dont just say by seeing megapixels)
5. should be able to play high graphic games smoothly without any lag
6. it should never (almost) lag or hang
7. good display
8. should get updates asap
9. scratch resistant (front and back)
10. company should provide good service (reliable company)
11. no heating problem
google user, 19 Jul 2014kk launcher and goolgle now launcher, i personally prefer kk launchergoogle now launcher*
mj, 18 Jul 2014how can I get pure stock android on this phone.??? which launcher or app??kk launcher and goolgle now launcher, i personally prefer kk launcher
I bought the Elife E7 in March 2014..It had awesome specs compared to High end phones out in the market. I used to boast about my phone all the time...It indeed felt like a superior built phone.
Last month I, i.e 3 month after the normal usage...I saw that there was a lag in one of the three Capacitive Menu keys at the bottom...i.e the back key...I had to press few times and at different points to get it to work..After sometime the LED light was off for the back key...
At first I took it for repair, but after finding out that it will take 15-20 days to get my phone back, (since it had to be sent to Delhi Service Centre) I refused to submit my phone..I thought, I can live with lagging back button with no led...At least all other features on phone worked great...
After few days I upgraded to Version 4.2.5. After that my phone started to show "UI stopped" error after reboot, sometimes it rebooted on itself...I thought maybe the upgrade was not proper thats why, am getting these errors..I was still okay..
Until, yesterday...the phone started to act really weird..Suddenly, I had hard time unlocking my pattern lock..Also, the apps icons /buttons were getting pressed automatically and the screen was crazily moving left and right..Lot of times, it did not respond to my touch..
I even tried to format my phone, did reset to factory, erase phone storage, but the problem still remained...It is very frustrating to see it go bad like that...
Now, definitely, I am taking this to Mumbai Service station in Khar on Monday...and get this fixed...
Hopefully, Gionee will replace my phone with new one , as it is only 4 months and there exists 1 yr warranty.