kunal, 11 Aug 2014Why does my Messages tab show 1 unread message, but there aren't any unread messages?Several people have already told the same thing but I'll repeat one more time :-
In order to see the hidden messages you'll have to authorize the hangouts app to handle the responsibility of your sms' and then you'll see all your unread messages there. There is an issue with the messaging app on the AMIGO OS in Gionee.
Bimal Goel, 04 Aug 2014Really It the most Frustrated Phone i had ever seen in my life. The frustration is so much tha... moreVery bad phone its freezing on pattern lock and application closed automatic battery drain fast heating problem
Nikhil, 04 Sep 2014Here are some issues in Gionee Elife S5.5 Kit-Kat Update:-
1) Heating Problem.
2) Very Fast ... more100% agree with nikhil. All problems mentioned by you is correct n I m also facing the same. Worst experience with the s5.5. Nothing will happen if you give your phone to service Centre.
Jay, 28 Jul 2014Hi DNK, I face couple of other issues.. When i look at background running apps, some of them s... moreI'm facing the same problem. .. The running apps closes with a shake anonimously. ..
usjshaysyshhs, 27 Jul 2014How to take screenshot???Press lock key nd volume down key simultaneously
prasanna, 05 Sep 2014Please do not buy this phone..its a big waste on your money..battery drains very soon..no prop... moreDear what type os problem you r facing plz tell me about this phn because i am going to buy this phn.
Nikhil, 04 Sep 2014Here are some issues in Gionee Elife S5.5 Kit-Kat Update:- 1) Heating Problem. 2) Very Fast ... moreNikhil u r 100% right. I am facing same problems.yesterday I reformat but no solution.
Plz do not buy this phone. My mobile is three months old and today is second time it has stopped working.
When i was trying customer care (toll free no), no is responding that.
It is not the worth the amount.
pls help me.
hws dis pone ???
am planng to buy this,pls help me through the right review.i wwant suggestn from the experiencd ones...
Please do not buy this phone..its a big waste on your money..battery drains very soon..no proper signal connectivity..sensors are bull shit not working properly..never ever but this..its a big waste of money..
Hey free old never buy this phone.
My phone gets heat up in just 1minute from camera side.
And battery doest last.
Bull shot I wasted my money
Gud experience...awsm phn....gud battery backup...gud camera
9 out of 10
Dont go wid review just buy nd feel best experience
Here are some issues in Gionee Elife S5.5 Kit-Kat Update:-
1) Heating Problem.
2) Very Fast Battery Drain.
3) Battery Percentage Error. 100 to 80% in just 5 mins.
4) Automatically applications close after a shake/vibrate.
5) Wi-Fi & Mobile data connectivity became very inconsistent. Keeps on disconnecting automatically. In case of Mobile Data "E" is showing but it is actually not working. If you guys want to confirm, use whatsapp application.
6) Double Tap wake up not responsive all the time.
7) No unread message but still showing the same in notification. Everytime you have to switch to hangouts & then sender becomes unknown.
8) Push notifications sometimes not working for many applications.
9) Contact synchronization error with dialed number even if you saved that number in your contact list.
10) Number gets washed away while dialing if you switch to other application.
11) DU battery saver application only improves battery backup for 5 mins. more than the original backup.
12) While you switch on the phone, see screen at start, it always shows a missed call notification for few micro secs.
Share your comments if you all guys are facing same issues with this update.
I have highlighted these issue to Gionee Technical support, they promised me to roll-out a new update till 20th August, 2014. & now till date there is no update. When I talked with them yesterday, they promised again that the new update is ready & testing is going on. The suggested me to wait for 2 weeks.
The guys who wants to purchase this device look for its resale price as nobody is going to give you more than 12,000 INR for just 2 months old device.