Review after 1 Month of usage
1) Weight = 200 gm. Yes Its little heavy.
2) Battery: goes from 100% to 20% in 55-60Hours with both SIM in action, 3-4 Hrs Calling, 3-4 Hours WiFi or 3G, 3-4 Hours of music play. 2-3 hours of gaming.
3) Camera is good. Its wonderful in low light despite many users complaining about it. One has to use "Shadow" mode in dim light. Camera has many manual controls like ISO setting and all which shall please good photographer. Mind that this is a mobile camera and not a DSLR. This camera is good for on the go. Not for appreciable photography.
4) Screen : Its good. I am happy to watch videos on this screen. Frankly I find no difference in HD screen and this one. I don't care about viewing angle as it is a phone, not a TV.
5) Touch screen and processing : It excellent. No lag whatsoever. Due to 1GB RAM, and good processor, the phone is performing well. (Caution : I am not a gamer, played Chess, Subway surfer, Angry Birds on this phone)
but I kept 12-13 apps open and it worked equally well. No processing lag or anything.
6) GPS : Pin point your location in 4-5 secs. I am quite happy with GPS because it works equally well even if you are inside a Bus/Train or under open sky.
7) There are no back-lights for Home,return buttons. Its annoying when you are using it in dark.
8) Voice Quality : Its good. Nothing to complain about.
9) SIM Slots : One is normal SIM and one is Micro SIM. But both 3G.
10) WiFi-3G : In specs, details of 3G modem are not mentioned. I have subscribed to 7.2Mbps 3G service. I am getting full speed of 7.2Mbps so 3G HSDPA is At least 7.2Mbps.
11) I observed sudden drop of battery level from 40% to 19% two times. It was as soon as I purchased this product but after 5-6 charging-discharging cycles the response of battery is very linear.
12) There are ample of authorized service centers in India. They pack city-wise list with the box.
13) Headphone output volume is low compaired to any other phone. If you like very loud music then NO, This is not for you.
Overall I am very happy with the product for the price we are paying.
Any Queries are welcome. Just reply to this post.
AnonD-247875, 10 May 2014That device may be better! but I have more complaint to read about xolo phone q700i like of ba... moreabhay trust me viewing angle is very poor compare to xolo q700i you just see if anyone near you using q700i , im really very disappointed and its so heavy to operate mistakingly i purchased by seeing this phone else i was aboput to buy lenovo s660 or moto g dual , shop guy told me its service after sales is better .then rest of the two .when i see straight its superb visiblity and over bright the moment i tilt up side down no visibility like negative display , after using continously for 24 hours i see battery back is superb , but its like holding dumble in hand with back pouch with pouch atleast can manage to operate thanks for your feed back may be your using m2 since long ill contact you for further help if required , thanks man ,im from hyd where r u from.........
m2hyd, 09 May 2014Yday purchased all is fine except few things
1-viewing angle bad pixel can been seen ,colors... moreThat device may be better! but I have more complaint to read about xolo phone q700i like of battery and hanging issues.
In such terms this device performs better for me specially with bigger battery (1800 MAH extra is good to keep by your side)
I used gionee 2 brands but in both the in call quality was not good.
Is the same in m2.
Yday purchased all is fine except few things
1-viewing angle bad pixel can been seen ,colors missing its pale.
2- incall Voice not better ,going to change for better with engineering mode
3- very heavy ,with back pouch more bulky
in having Xolo q700i which is better then this in all
Not able to read Gujarati massage.
Any other way to make it possible.
Just tell me how?
Shivam Hindustani, 03 May 2014Hi i want to buy Gionee M2 because my Canvas HD has stopped working but before i proceed i nee... more@Shivam Hindustani
2. good.. Plastic... no ripple like effects..
3. don't know
4. smooth user interface... no lag.. amigo UI
7. Yes... smoothly...
8. Not very good...
9. no heating... led flash twinkling when set to automatic... set it manual or use any other camera app..
10. both sim 3g.. yes Asphalt 8, GTA san andreas, dead trigger 1,2 , Nova, Real racing etc
PlZ Sir tell me is there any option to minimize the icons??If there is' it would be great
i have just bought it yesterday, M2's BATTERY IS V.GOOD, CAMERA NOT SO GOOD, A BIT HEAVY BUT LOOKS IS OK, a problem that i am facing is when we go to app section we can't move the apps to SD CARD, it shows there is not enough storage, as i have also bought an 16 GB SD CARD.
How to uninstall bloatware on m2 i rooted with framaroot...and to make icons small thanx in adv
Awesoooooooom only bit heavy and ok display else extremely gud mobile thanx gionee my hunt is over.....
Will they provide OTG cable or not.
if they provide how it looks like can anybody tell me.
the phn is awsmm but abt its battery 4200 mah it is taking near abt 6 hrs to get full charge. camera quality not good.but for net use best phone go for it