AnonD-245498, 19 Mar 2014The Memory is Less in the phone. When you plugged into USB (as USB) I get ~620MB for Music and... moreits a simple feature provided for jellybean 4.2+ versions. U don't have to move every app to ext. memory card, the phone automatically does so, as you chose preferred location for installation as "external storage". Simple as that, nothing extra from gionee. I don't like the gionee exclusive apps like weather, xender,etc which keep running in the background all the time. I force stop the app. But the next time I switch off-on my mobile, they again start making the phone work slow. One good thing is that they have kept 2GB for app installation, which I like. So if I don't want to move my fav apps to ext memory card and make my phone go slow or hang a bit, I will keep the whole data in phone storage. That's good!
AnonD-245457, 19 Mar 2014Hi,
My M2 gets heated up while playing games.Is this normal in any of the other users?Mine hits 42*c and stays there. I put a Alarm at 45*c; but it never alarmed.. :)
Pi-Po-Pi-Po never sounded.
AnonD-245498, 19 Mar 2014Some detailed clarification:-
1. Its Dual Sim - Dual Active - 1st Sim - Normal Sized Sim wi... moreThe Memory is Less in the phone. When you plugged into USB (as USB) I get ~620MB for Music and Videos etc. While the Internal Mem (for Installing Games etc) is ~2GB. But there is a tricky part.
If You put a EXT. Mem. Card the device auto-setting started to decide which app go where. (You can alter/copy/move from settings though).
Like The Asphalt 8 automatically installed in my 16GB Mem. Card while Tom Cat goes into Phone Memory.
Some detailed clarification:-
1. Its Dual Sim - Dual Active - 1st Sim - Normal Sized Sim with 3G; 2nd Sim - Micro-Sim 2G
2. 4200 Battery lasts 2 days (40-45 Hrs) and come to bellow 30% with 1 Hr Calling, 40 Hrs 2G net-connected, facebook, weather etc with 2-3 Hrs Play Store Downloads over Wi-Fi, using default launcher and just necessary apps like Widgets and etc. With 4-5 hrs HD Gaming, 1 Hr Movie @ 70% Volume etc.
3. Camera is Bad, Blurry and Noisy, Ok in day-light, but Just OK, This is STRICTLY not a Camera phone, FLASH isn't optimized maximum time it burns (Too much whiteness) the Photos. Lots of customization there; you can have fun. 99 photos in 21 secs is the best part to get some nice photo (but again in Day-Light)
Video is also Ok-Ok. 720p @ 8-9 mBps
4. Sound Quality is good - as music listners and other activities though not as good as Xpress Music Phones. :)
5. Call clarity awesome, Gives network boost automatically, Lots of Pre-Installed Apps, Easy and Highly EASY to use, What You need its already there from a AntiVirus to Battery Booster to Games themes - all. Even comes with Registered (NO_BEEP) call recorder.
6. For - ppl who stay connected always and have digital cams. I love this phone cz of Battery Backup.
since the app memory is only 1.9G , if I have an SD card can I still continue to install apps ? Will it be seen as the internal memory . I do not want to run into the same problems as the current Galaxy S2 that I have where the app memory is limited to 2G even though I have 16 GB of onboard memory.
AnonD-245457, 19 Mar 2014Hi, My M2 gets heated up while playing games.Is this normal in any of the other users?if u play very heavy games than its normal , bt its device tem which should not rise much ; even samsung galaxy s4 is heated up after 10 mins of gaming n its the problem with every android device dear . bt m2 is not heating that much .
Apprehensive initially. Specs are amazing that can match the biggest & the best brands in the market. Fantastic features, easy to use, loads of fun. Kids are enjoying thoroughly. Now, I can relax for quite sometime with this great gizmo until next time . . .
My M2 gets heated up while playing games.Is this normal in any of the other users?
AnonD-241888, 12 Mar 2014yes the device is rooted but by gionee ; just enable root permission ;i have not encountered s... morehow to enable root permission ?
can it play you tube videos on the web page ?
does the display pixelated ?
CAn someone tell me if the phone Heats up when used continuosly. Also let me know about the Service centers in india for gionee.
It is really excellent mobile
it was 10 days I bought the mobile
the one and only mobile which can give heavy battery backup It's not about 4200 milli ampere hours
It will take 2 days to last The battery I bought micromax canvas 2 plus earlier it lasts whole battery in half day so I decided not to buy any china made mobile for battery backup because apart from battery backup micromax also good at other performance But gionee is unlike other mobiles it's really excellent mobile good software and especially completely indian languages support
Friends, after long search i decide to buy this mobile.but, i have a few questions.Will the handset get Kitkat 4.4.2 update? and, is this receive any update till now? What about service centre in kolkata,westbengal,India?
what are the drawbacks of this phone? plz, give answers. thanks in advance.
sportnix, 18 Mar 2014So when you say 1.9GB for apps , does it mean we cannot install any more apps after that limit... morenormally an android apk is not more then 10 -15 mb ; and my friend how many apk u want to install, are u using 100 apk at same time i am not using more than 20 apk and that can also be transffered to sd card ; all big games can be transferred to sd card ; what else u want from a budget device ; in my opinian this is the best smartphone under 15000 by any company
mk, 18 Mar 2014HD video play ? yes or noyes it can play hd video without the need of any external player