AnonD-334138, 22 Nov 2014Last Saturday 15th Nov'14 purchased Gionee M3. In 3G/2G mde its giving only 17-18 hrs. Batte r... moreI do not agree with you. You are misguiding people. I am using the this mobile and it is giving me 3 days with broadband connected. You seem to from some mobile company trying to misguide. I was using Spice Uno One, which is a good mobile and since I wanted a good phone with good battery back up I purchased Gionee. May be when you compare with high end mobile phones, this phone may not be highly impressive. But when it comes to the BATTERY no other mobile can match this phone (atleast as of now).
So please be genuine in your review and I really doubt if you have used this phone or you are writing your review based on some hearsay.
dear all, i bought gionee marathon m3 last week, really amazing features for this price. i bought it for 11850/- @ chennai. performance wise very good mobile. battery with 3g works more than 32 hrs. camera is ok. expandable memory of 128 gb is also +. hd video/picture clarity is awesome. this phone is very useful for frequent travellers & online browsers. overall worth to buy this mobile.
Received my m3 yesterday through ebay...its a nice phone..m3 have a lot of junk apps so had to root it for junk app removal..am happy with every thing except camera..though it says 8 mp camera its more like 5 mp quality..pictures are a little grainy and fuzzy(ONLY A LITTLE)..cam can be described as ok only.. dont get me wrong its a great mobile..i got it for around 11700 rs..and at that price its awesome..great nonremovable battery, phone looks good and feels nice to hold..can put only micro sims in it...out of the box it wont have OTG cable...i can boldly say that its a great mobile and wont hesitate to buy it even if am given a second chance to choose a phone..
I have purchased Gionee marathon M3 Black color yesterday from Muvattupuzha town, Kerala. It costed Rs12300 which is a little high for this phone. I bought this phone only because cannot afford 30-40K phones with similar features and don't want Micromax/Karbonn phones. I needed a good android phone reliable and good for at least 2-3 years. I'm counting on this phone mostly because this is a upgrade of existing Gionee marathon "M2" model which has a good reputation. I've worked with this device for only a day now and this is my small review based on my exploration of Gionee Marathon M3. ( I've bought after feedback from a guy who owned this device for around 2 weeks now. )
* Phone is a bit heavy. Not good for one hand operation. Also, If you travel like me in crowded buses, train etc this can be risky!
* Battery backup is good. So, far after 24 hours, it's showing 95% or so. You need to charge the phone fully before use.
* Gionee M3 comes with a LOT of bloatware. First thing to do is, uninstall most of them. The UI is a customized called Amigo and some apps which comes by default are useful. I removed wallpapers on app window and front screen and customized it so as to suit my taste.
* HD Screen. Good display.
* Call quality is good. External speaker also sufficient. I've yet to check FM radio though.
* From external build, It seems not a Micromax/Karbonn level mobile. This has a good build quality and the performance is stable. Again, removing most of the bloatware is very important. I wonder how some of the unwanted crap which cannot be uninstalled conventionally can be removed?
* OTG supported?
* There are nifty options like Smart gestures like double click wake up screen and "Hotknot"- which allows photos/videos transfer when screen touches another phone.
* There is no heating issue, It comes with a general quality case which is not covering the whole device. I will buy a good case whenever it is available in shops.
* 1 GB RAM after removal of bloatwares, I can free around 280MB or so. I don't want to root and play with the device. So, I hope Gionee provide a better update for this device purging off adware/bloatware. (There is a user feedback option). This is bad! Then, Free space is around 3GB only in a 8GB ROM phone.
* UI is not very smooth. Performance is average (which is no way can be considered bad.
* Price around 11000 is justifiable. But, in a remote place like Muvattupuzha(Cochin), they charge Dealer fixed retail price which is Rs12200-300.
Overall, this phone is good for office going people in their 30's and 40's as well as elder people. Important thing here is, I believe Gionee m3 has a good build quality, but slightly low in features and performance compared to Canvas Nitro or such models. I believe is, this phone can be good for those geeks who root the phone and install custom android flavours.
i am purchase in XOLO Q3000 but i am confused who smartphone puchase Gionee M3 ya XOLO Q3000 PLEASE FRIENDS
aravinth, 22 Nov 2014I'm using Gionee M3 ..its battery backup is too good and good performance... How much clearity of this phone'camera is?please tell because i am going to buy this would this right phone?
AnonD-334138, 22 Nov 2014Last Saturday 15th Nov'14 purchased Gionee M3. In 3G/2G mde its giving only 17-18 hrs. Batte r... moreBut company is showing the battery backup of 32 hrs on 3G so how could it be possible?
I'm using Gionee M3 ..its battery backup is too good and good performance...
Last Saturday 15th Nov'14 purchased Gionee M3. In 3G/2G mde its giving only 17-18 hrs. Batte ry backup. Already replaced 2 nos device by the service center. Now I don't want to do this mistake once more. 5000 mah bettery is totaly fake. Trust me friends the people whp are demanding this is giving 2-3 days backup. Simply they are sales man of Gionee mobile. Don't go for it never ever. @ Piyush Do you have any prove? I have thousands. I can show you if you wants.
Kelechi peter Adrian, 07 Nov 2014If the M3 does not support 3G, that means this phone is bull shit or f__k up phone. What will... moreIt is 3G smart phone .....and battery is king....very strong backup ...
suvo, 10 Nov 2014friends this phone have 3G ????? please told meee ....because I mant this phone ..Yes it is 3G.... If u use 3G network...it gaves u 2 days strong battery back up.
viki, 21 Nov 2014pls tell me HOW WAS THE PHONE?
IAM so confused....
tell me abt cam & displayVery strong battery back up...camera is also gud.... Kitkat updated.... King of mobiles
.... So smart phone in this price level
piyush, 18 Nov 2014Those who are useing m3 , please tell how much battery back up they are getting on 3g web brow... moreGionee Marathon M3 battery backup is very strong....in 2G network up to 3 days....and in 3G up to 2 days.... All features are very gud....nothing like this
kitty, 21 Nov 2014But in reviews I have read that camera is below average..I m so confused..Try Xolo Q3000 for bettr camera and nearby same battery backup with similar features almost but greater display and camera front and back too...!!