Swe180491, 20 Feb 2017Leaving aside the performance, Camera and Batter life, here are 6 reasons to not Buy Pixel/Pix... moreThank you for your excellent post. It is more proof that Google phones belong in the bargain bin at a grocery store.
Leaving aside the performance, Camera and Batter life, here are 6 reasons to not Buy Pixel/Pixel XL in India:
1. Apart from Camera and Battery life thereÂ’s nothing great about the phone.
2. There will be Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Network connectivity issues within 2 months of purchase.
3. Due to Pathetic quality of LED and Panel even using a basic silicone case leads to Discoloration.
4. Despite so many issues, the service center will not provide with a replacement unless the phone is entirely dead and cannot be repaired within 14 days from the date of purchase. And the reason behind this is, Google doesnÂ’t sell these phones directly, they sell it through Third party resellers and thus the 14 day clause, which is not mentioned anywhere. But this seems to be an eyewash and the real reason is unknown.
5. When the phone is submitted for service, since itÂ’s a sealed phone from all sides, they heat the LED and apply pressure on the sides to get the LED out of the Panel, which leads to more damage on the Panel due to pathetic quality of the paint used on the panel. But the service center or Google Support know this, they will never accept it, as the damage can always be dropped on the customer on the grounds of Â“AESTHETIC ISSUEÂ”.
6. Proper answers will never be given by Google support or the service center. They are trained to put the blame on the customer and to make the customer run from pillar to post that will make them energy less so they can finally accept the faulty product as thereÂ’s no other option left, since selling the product for a dirt cheap price isnÂ’t something anyone would be willing to do and Indian judicial system isnÂ’t great at supporting the helpless consumers.
So if youÂ’re ready to go through the turmoil just to have a good camera and a decent phone for 57000(basic Pixel 32 GB) and above. Please go ahead.
A Royally Disappointed, Exhausted Ex-Google Lover
cYn, 13 Feb 2017according to your response, now people will sell all their smarthphones and help the poor, fee... moreYou're a troll buddy. And from the sounds of it, a fancy one. Are you wearing sequins and rhinestones?
Houli, 11 Feb 2017My god people are so rude and ignorant. You're on here talking about smartphones, not saving l... moreaccording to your response, now people will sell all their smarthphones and help the poor, feed the fish and stop hunting birds, oh no I forgot you'd rather say: people talking about smartphones and there is 2 golden fish in your aquarium hungry,, feed them
My god people are so rude and ignorant. You're on here talking about smartphones, not saving lives. Get a grip. If you don't like a phone, great, and if you do, great. However you don't need to attack people. End of rant.
I know very well about bluetooth speakers dont lecture me about them, what i was asking was whether the inbuilt speakers make that crakling sound when playing music at high volumes, the speakers of the pixel have an hardware issue even google has admitted to this, i just wanted to know from the users whether this issue has been fixed.
Mjdsouza, 08 Feb 2017Has anyone here experienced the loudspeaker crackling sound with their pixel, especially when ... moreMobiles are personal devices with music as secondary functions. Using it with earphones will give you best results.
But if you try to use it as a music system, it will surely have not give desired results. If you wish to have a boombastik output, connect it to some nice Bluetooth speakers.
Please learn to use a device. Don't ab- use it.
I had visited a retailer when Pixel siblings were launched in India. Pixels, iPhones and Samsung shared same display bay. People were more interested in Pixels ( iPhone running android impression) and literally moving away from Samsung counters. Efforts by samsung attendants failed , inspite of mention of leading market brand of mobile in India.
Last Sunday I visited same place. And to my surprise, Samsung had moved it's counter away from bay where it shared space with iPhone and Pixels. When I asked the floor manager, he simply said - Pixels overshadowed Samsung and Sales dropped. Had to move them away from Pixel and iPhone areas.
This is the effect of Pixels.seems people simply love to buy iPhoneish design with Android OS.
Now im useing google pixel and I can tell this is great phone the camera are Insane
Only I do not like in this phone large frame at the sides is only the lack of it...
I'm from Italy but I bought it in England paying him about 700Â€ that price killed me, I chose between HTC 10 SG7 I did not like this phone S7 can be seen everywhere and there where bought pixel remains only 20 pieces and the seller told me very lucky cuz i find it
This phone is unarguably the best, although the back design isn't pleasant to look at, but I could forgive that.
The problem is that at this price, No water resistant? that's a deal breaker for me. So maybe Pixel 2
Has anyone here experienced the loudspeaker crackling sound with their pixel, especially when playing music at high volumes?
Soufiane Ouldamar, 10 Jan 2017This phone is way tot expensive for Â€980,- i preffer the oneplus 3(t) which has more GB RAM a... moreYou can't judge a device only by camera, RAM and software. There are lots of factors. In short take a demo of the device first and than decide to buy. It doesn't mean that if your friend says that X device works great or you believe one like a review about a Y device and than bought it. Most of the times you will get frustration.
Evan, 23 Jan 2017I have been using nexus 5 for 2 and half years. If you plan to change ur phone every after one... moreAgree with you. Spending on a good branded device is far better choice than saving by buying on cheap product. In the long run the later cost double or triple including mental tension.
I also use only Samsung galaxy devices for last 4/5 years. Started with a humble S7392 (popular as Galaxy trend), still it is working now and I have just changed the battery. Than few months back I got an On 7 Pro, a J Max and A5 (2016) for father. Also after getting 2 JIO SIMs I bought another J7 Prime for official purpose. All these devices are running well and I am sure they will work for at least 2 years without any issues. Last but not least all those 4 devices are using one JIO is a primary SIM and the JIO apps are running well.
Like you are planning to buy a Google Pixel, I am saving for a Galaxy Edge also.
Regards and respect.
Wasiq01, 02 Feb 2017Iphone 7 or Google Pixel?If you're a sporty type who loves outdoor activities, go for the smaller iPhone SE as you won't feel it in your trousers pocket. I've used different 5" phones before. Believe me, 4" is the sweet size. Today's young people are handicapped by 5" phones because they have to carry it on their hand everywhere they go. Yeah, people will argue that 5" phones fit in their pockets, and they do. But when you sit down, it just doesn't feel so good. I've everywhere for 4" Android phones with good cameras (>8MP). Funny thing, they just don't make it.
Ulaf, 03 Feb 2017The camera on this phone is NOT good, so disaponted!Agreed!I do not like this phone at all.
I was expecting more than 12 megapixels but all other specs were good 4.9 Stars
Ulaf, 03 Feb 2017The camera on this phone is NOT good, so disaponted!this phone literally has the best camera of any smartphone, it's not a matter of opinion it's a matter of specs you complete weapon