As a user of Google Pixel phones I got very high expectations, but really received average phone. This phone is a joke. I can get a much better Chinese phone for 4x less the price. It doesn't even look premium. I'll never ever buy a Google Pixel phone ever again!
It's a shit phone. I bought it in hopes that it would be far better than my Samsung S8. I feel like I downgraded. I'm now stuck because I don't want to go back to Samsung, but Google outright failed me. I think I'm going to Sony Xperia or something like that.
My pixel 5 would get terribly hot during Whatsapp calls. In video mode, the camera was lower quality than the Samsung S8. I believe it's because the graphics power of the pixel 5 is antiquated but who knows... It's an utter disappointment either way. Once bitten, twice shy. Oh btw, this phone now has a cracked screen because it fell in the sand. How cheap and nasty can you get. Google seriously. Stick to search engines or something you're actually good at.
adada, 01 Nov 2020my phone is bought from Germany.. and it does not hve the gap.Google community experts have now released an official response. The response reads
“We can confirm that the change in the gap between the body and the display is a normal part of the Pixel 5 design and has no effect on the waterproof, dustproof or function of your phone”
adada, 01 Nov 2020my phone is bought from Germany.. and it does not hve the gap.u r lucky
someone had it.
other no problem.
maybe in future u wll exprience it too.
Unfortunatly Google Quality phones becomes something like LG phones & absolutely same as M & A series of samsung
The pixel 5 cannot connect to a lot 5g network around the world.
People are experiencing issue all over the world. And there is no official word from google nor a fix plan is available.
Pixel 5, 24 Oct 2020What about the screen issue (gab. Between screen and the chassis), does anyone notice it my phone is bought from Germany.. and it does not hve the gap.
TSi Power, 31 Oct 2020poor battery life despite this tiny display, where is google's optimization?Poor battery life? Lol? I have used it 2 days.. and its 23.34 at moment.. and i got 11% left.. for comparisson i had Samsung S20 Exynos before Pixel and i had battery left 10-20% in the FIRST day evening..
Ordered it on the available date 15th oct. No idea when I will put my hands on it. Didn't expect such a slow delivery from Google
Everything is great except for the price, lol.
This would have been a killer phone for 500$.
paco2x, 27 Oct 2020Google should bring back the Nexus strategy... because the iphone like aproach is a total fail.Couldn’t agree more! 👏
poor battery life despite this tiny display, where is google's optimization?
trollers be gone, 27 Oct 2020just to add: 1) I mean oled in general instead of amoled. it is a power drain and visually on... moreOLED uses less power than LCD due to not having a backlight. Not sure what you're talking about. And the battery is 4080mah and also powering a Snapdragon 765G which uses much less power than the 865 or any other top-end chip.
In my opinion, simple! You want better phone, best smart phone? Spend more! Producers and manufacturers with their own branding has their own specification and quality guidelines to comply for quality assurance and warranty purposes. For each models and series type of device. We only pay what we are buying. They had been with these business for so long. We want devices with our own specifications and standards? Then we produce our own! We cannot and it is not possible to make a device with the specs of all brands in one unit. Like Appple, Google, Samsung, Huawei, Xiaomi, Oppo, Vivo, Oneplus, Realme, Xperia, Motorola, LG and Vertu to be in one phone. Not possible. "TRADEMARK" and ©®, these are some ponits to consider. It will "crash" the device. They have their own difference and indifference. Like US, humans. We also have our individual differences. So, be contented of what you had bought. We pay for that, we desreve that. Or, the next one might be worst! I almost used all types and brands of phones from analogue to Nokia series to Android and iPhone. And "VERTU" as the most expensive, yet not so powerful enough. But i'm a very FAN and loyal user of XIAOMI phones. To be honest, there's a lot better than my Xiaomi Brand. But expensive and i "only use for purpose" phones? Call, SMS, Browse and simple photo taking for remembrance. So agian, "Love your own device, the next one might be worst"! Good luck and PEACE OUT!
trollers be gone, 27 Oct 2020had it for a week or so now. my impression in bullet points:
- good size and the quality feel... morejust to add:
1) I mean oled in general instead of amoled. it is a power drain and visually only looks a little bit better;
2) with it's 4000mah battery, it's battery life is not better than my xperia xz2p which has just 3500mah. And before you challenge, no the xperia xz2p screen is bigger in area. it only has 5.8" diagonal size but it is a more squarish screen which mean bigger area. pixel 5's screen is tall, and thus has smaller screen area.
had it for a week or so now. my impression in bullet points:
- good size and the quality feels good.
- the CPU although being mid-range, is decent in performance. have no issue with usual apps. But, I am no gamer.
- battery life is just ok. definitely not amazing.
- camera is good compared with my previous xperia xz2 premium. But not amazing. i think two camera is enough and no tele is reasonable choice. But google should really have upgraded the hardware. come on it is still a £600 phone.
- they should replace amoled with ips panel to save cost. it will be definitely more energy-efficient (I know some people will argue that but please do your proper research. AMOLED is really battery thirsty), and personally, I don't think AMOLED display is that much better than ips.
- with the money they save from panel, they should upgrade camera hardware. photo quality was one of the selling point of the pixel. with pixel 5 it is barely on par with competitors.