jas, 14 Sep 2016all depends on what you use your phone for. I've used all platforms, and for me, windows is th... moreOK But you have to know that Microsoft office having so many limitations over Windows Mobile but same Microsoft working brilliantly with the Android and iOS.After Windows 10 update Windows OS is more complicated and full of bugs.Earlier I was Windows phone user but after using Windows 10,I finally I come to the conclusion that Windows phone is just pathetic.I personally fell that We can do lots over Android and iOS.I hardly found any useful advantages over Windows phone.And after the update Windows OS become more and more complicated unlike Android and iOS getting more and more user friendly.Its totally depends Upon your choice.If you like Windows then it's OK.
gaurav big-G, 14 Sep 2016On which department HP Elite X3 is better than S7 and iPhone 7 will you please elaborate me.I ... moreall depends on what you use your phone for. I've used all platforms, and for me, windows is the only acceptable OS out there. I use my phone for business, I couldn't care less about apps beyond the standard social media apps, because I need good cameras, memory, office applications, a good integrated email and messaging system, and Microsoft out does apple and android in majority of these. If you want to game, do other creative stuff, sure, the other platforms might be better.
Abhi, 08 Sep 2016Comparing note7 vs iPhone 7 vs x3 .....X3 is 100% better than all On which department HP Elite X3 is better than S7 and iPhone 7 will you please elaborate me.I am much excited to know that hidden goodness of Windows phone.
[deleted post]You can use gigabit ethernet on it by a USB Type-C to gigabit ethernet adapter.
For YouTube go for Awesome Tube, it has all the features of the official YouTube client including uploads and has an extra ability to download videos to your device.
I got mine on Thursday. This is my first windows phone. So still trying to get used to it. Here're couple of observations so far
1. Turning into a desktop is very easy. Put the phone on cradle and put your keyboard/mouse usb adapter to it. Connect the DisplayPort to monitor. It works beautifully. Edge works almost like full desktop. Performance not up to a laptop, but acceptable. Websites are displayed as full website, not like phone version.
2. Iris scanner works, but with my first attempt I have to bring it close to my eye to make it work. It struggles when there's no light on face. Surface book work like a dream
3. Can't find finger print scanner settings
4. Battery life seems to be excellent (As expected)
5. Connecting to TV using Microsoft wireless adapter is nice. Youtube videos are exactly same as any computer played on TV.
6. Once connected to desktop, WhatsApp doesn't work
7. Once connected to desktop or wireless, phone become touch pad (may old news for those who already owned windows phone)
8. Not any bigger than my Nexus 6
9. Has wireless hotspot (one of my requirement)
10. USB OTG (connecting your camera card reader - SD and XQD) works great. I got a small USB c to regular USB adapter and it works.
Any tips and tricks with windows phone welcome :)
Rakib Hassan , 20 Aug 2016I am not that mad to buy a 700$ windows phone. Price sucksbut would you be mad enough to pay 900$ for a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge?
Jhon998, 28 Aug 2016Well it mostly has its features and no one cares about turning a phone into a desktop and it h... moreActually most of the buyers would love to have a desktop computer in their pockets, trust me!
Check out Windows Central unboxing video of this phone, it comes in a huge box with dock.
yetiweston, 06 Sep 2016Jeez your family sound lovely haha I said a family member not my family member. We trying to look at all possibilities where the fingerprint scanner can be beaten easily.
I saw some comments that this phablet is using a Mobile derivative of Windows 10 - not the full blown W10. Is that true?
If it is any incarnation other than full W10 - than my wait is over. I used Windows phones for many years since WM6 - but no more.
Also, I do like to have a stylus (I use one in my Note 7 for handwriting and sketches extensively) - does it have a capability to use Surface stylus?
Thanks for any shedding of light.
Nayan, 31 Aug 2016Can anyone tell me , this phone have surface pen or not? If ur asking of it comes with one then no
Nayan, 31 Aug 2016Can anyone tell me , this phone have surface pen or not?
as far as i know... no
Please put OIS and DIS on the camera and make a slim smart case with metal/alloy side bumper with a camera botton and zoom in/out and a mirror back design of the case :) :) :) i think this would be great since this phone has pogo pins