[deleted post]You can use gigabit ethernet on it by a USB Type-C to gigabit ethernet adapter.
For YouTube go for Awesome Tube, it has all the features of the official YouTube client including uploads and has an extra ability to download videos to your device.
I got mine on Thursday. This is my first windows phone. So still trying to get used to it. Here're couple of observations so far
1. Turning into a desktop is very easy. Put the phone on cradle and put your keyboard/mouse usb adapter to it. Connect the DisplayPort to monitor. It works beautifully. Edge works almost like full desktop. Performance not up to a laptop, but acceptable. Websites are displayed as full website, not like phone version.
2. Iris scanner works, but with my first attempt I have to bring it close to my eye to make it work. It struggles when there's no light on face. Surface book work like a dream
3. Can't find finger print scanner settings
4. Battery life seems to be excellent (As expected)
5. Connecting to TV using Microsoft wireless adapter is nice. Youtube videos are exactly same as any computer played on TV.
6. Once connected to desktop, WhatsApp doesn't work
7. Once connected to desktop or wireless, phone become touch pad (may old news for those who already owned windows phone)
8. Not any bigger than my Nexus 6
9. Has wireless hotspot (one of my requirement)
10. USB OTG (connecting your camera card reader - SD and XQD) works great. I got a small USB c to regular USB adapter and it works.
Any tips and tricks with windows phone welcome :)
Rakib Hassan , 20 Aug 2016I am not that mad to buy a 700$ windows phone. Price sucksbut would you be mad enough to pay 900$ for a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge?
Jhon998, 28 Aug 2016Well it mostly has its features and no one cares about turning a phone into a desktop and it h... moreActually most of the buyers would love to have a desktop computer in their pockets, trust me!
Check out Windows Central unboxing video of this phone, it comes in a huge box with dock.
AnonD-298910, 06 Sep 2016Jeez your family sound lovely haha I said a family member not my family member. We trying to look at all possibilities where the fingerprint scanner can be beaten easily.
I saw some comments that this phablet is using a Mobile derivative of Windows 10 - not the full blown W10. Is that true?
If it is any incarnation other than full W10 - than my wait is over. I used Windows phones for many years since WM6 - but no more.
Also, I do like to have a stylus (I use one in my Note 7 for handwriting and sketches extensively) - does it have a capability to use Surface stylus?
Thanks for any shedding of light.
Nayan, 31 Aug 2016Can anyone tell me , this phone have surface pen or not? If ur asking of it comes with one then no
Nayan, 31 Aug 2016Can anyone tell me , this phone have surface pen or not?
as far as i know... no
Please put OIS and DIS on the camera and make a slim smart case with metal/alloy side bumper with a camera botton and zoom in/out and a mirror back design of the case :) :) :) i think this would be great since this phone has pogo pins
Tareq, 27 Aug 2016Would be killer device if it had stylus with surface pen like functionality. People of busines... moreNo need for stylus, because you can use a mouse and a keyboard for more business productivity. Stylus is old school now.
Jhon998, 28 Aug 2016Well it mostly has its features and no one cares about turning a phone into a desktop and it h... moreNot no one care, speak for yourself cos I do care about turning my phone to a desktop. It makes me more productive. Secondly iris scanner is far more secured than fingerprint scanner. Fingerprint scanner allows someone else (especially a family member) swipe your finger on your device while you are asleep, thereby gaining access to your device without you know. I guess that's why Samsung note 7 included iris scanner. If you don't like a thing doesn't mean others must hate it as well.
Perez5k, 27 Aug 2016Killed it what?Well it mostly has its features and no one cares about turning a phone into a desktop and it has an iris scanner...