Nicholas, 06 Jun 2008I think that is a great phone, the only think that i want t ask is does it have vista on it or xp?Phones don't come with vista or xp. They run on Windows mobile. The 610 comes with WM 6 Professional.
I think that is a great phone, the only think that i want t ask is does it have vista on it or xp?
crazzyyy4ph, 27 May 2008Hello, I'm planning to buy this device before can anyone who holds this phone help me to know,... moreoffcie mobile consist of excel word and powerpoint. but only word and excel can be edited. powerpoint only for viewing
i just got my ipaq 612c, it work great. i purchase a spb mobile shell to replace the unattractive wm6.0 skin. i love my device now!!! just a note, anyone know how to tweak the device volume, the sound are too soft... i missed a few call :(
Zach, 17 May 2008After 1 week with this phone, here are some gripes... 1. Wifi seems a little cranky at times.... moreZoom in camera works... but not in 3M photo size mode. Works in lower resolution of saved pictures - if lower than zoom scale greater. try it!
I have HP IPAQ 614C
It is worknig excellent..
bigest opsticle was to instal all needed for using..spent few days to do so.
e-mal speed : excellent
Internet : excellent connection and speed
as phone device is not the best solution, it is more softweare organized as Pc computer then mobile phone.
Also e-mails could not be forwardde only replayed..etc.
Speakers are not so loud so it could not wake you up in the mourning :)
Hi, now Malaysia only selling the phone, i just have a view on the demo, after reading a few opinion posted, is it worth of getting this phone? Now KL is selling RM1999. Thank you
I'm posting from this phone. Currently have a 4GB microSD card installed and its working fine. I was told 4GB is the largest supported.
Hello, I'm planning to buy this device before can anyone who holds this phone help me to know, what is the maximum MicroSD capacity supported?
Is it possible to modify the Microsoft pocket Office document on phone?
Hi guys, Can anyone tell me where can i buy the iPAQ 614c Business navigator with GCC maps installed in UAE.
Hi guys, I wanted to get the HP iPAQ 614c but I have few questions about HP iPAQ 614c before. Especially for those who already have this device. I’m just wondering, what is the maximum MicroSD capacity that it could be supported by this device. Also I have a question about the A-GPS. Is it stable and could it work with out a GSM or 3G connections.
Google Maps do two different things.
It download the maps, and it can locate your device. To download the maps the ONLY way is thru any "internet connection" there is no such thing like connecting to the satellites to download the maps...
To locate your device, it can be in either GPS mode or GSM mode. If it goes thru the GSM, it will locate you device thru your phone signal, so it won't be "exact". If it goes thru the GPS mode it would need the open skies to connect with the satellites and get the coordinates and locate your device location on the map.
Let me know if it helps...
in the text messaging format for writing SMS, are there any option for T9 in Indonesian or Malay language?
After 1 week with this phone, here are some gripes...
1. Wifi seems a little cranky at times. There are a few times when I tried to turn on wifi from the wireless manager, the option just disappears and there is no way I can turn on wifi unless I reset my phone.
2. The zoom function does not work in camera mode. By right, pressing 4 and 6 should zoom out/in the camera, but this does not work. However, the buttons work in the video cam mode, so I am guessing it is a camera software bug.
3. Windows has hanged 3 times so far the past week. Twice, it just stopped responding to all my taps and inputs. Another time, it just refused to be turn on from standby mode. Had to reset to get it back on.
Other than those I described above, no other complaints I have for this phone, other than its weight. In fact, I am enjoying having it, and can probably live with some minor imperfections.
Thanks for your reply.
Still in open clear sky, goggle maps automaticaly tries to connect to gprs, 3g or wifi. After a while this message appears:"...this program requires a conexion..."
At least I want the coordinates, but I can not gey any information.
I will try Mapking software, I hope to have luck.
ANy new advance please contact me.
Hey buddy, I am almost fixed to buy the hp IPAQ 6965. I have few query with this one.
1. my usage would be to sync this device with my Outlook mails and read it on travel. Basically activesyncing my mails and appointments. Has anyone tried this and further, does this have an impact on the Processin speed of the device.
2. Do we need to buy any module for using GPS in this device?
3. Can we install any program on the memory card rather than the phone memory? ( i guess this will increase the processing speed).
4.I am gonna SMS and send mails a lot from this device. How user friendly is the keyboard?
5. Where do we get these devices from?? Bcos, I also enquired on 600 series and didnt get any respose from Hp. ALso, they say that, we dont hav service or warranty in india..is this true.??
Sorry to take a lot of time of yours..Please answer thwese queries for me.
Else, do you have any other device which has better processing speed? Plz suggest.
Hi seba, i have this phone as well and tried to use GPS function on Google Maps. Google Maps takes a while (too long a while actually) to track your location and locate the GPS. You do not require any other form of connection (wifi, GPRS, GSM, or whatever) to connect to GPS. It is a direct radio link to the GPS satellites up in the sky. Oh, and you will need to be in the open, with line of sight to the sky. Does not work well indoors, and sure as hell does not work underground. You may also want to check that your GPS port is set correctly, to COM8 or COM6. Hardware port should be COM8, while software to COM6. Instead of using Google Maps, why not use MapKing? Its a great routing software and great for driving (with voice nav direction). It came bundled with my ipaq 612c in singapore.