joe, 31 Mar 2009Additional for my HP iPAQ910c that i had add Garmin GPS application for mobile and it's works.... moreThis product very usefull, i can use Facebook & Yahoo messenger without any problem (very easy) & the other side i can watch music video [metal bands] from famous bands, like Testament, Dragonforce & Ramstein in good pictures & good sounds. So all features could be acceptable in HP iPAQ 910c & no doubt to use this pocket pc. Think smart & be nice..
I got the newer one 914C. 2 weeks now and I am playing with it. I decided to use this as my primary phone and shift everything to it. 3g speed is 7.2M and my corporate emails and other applications working without trouble. As compared to other with WinM6.1, Cam3.1mpx,GPS-A 3G speed, this is the best.
Cons: low speaker volume, Battery consumption and weight. This FW is 1.00.03, but heard that soon there will be 1.00.05 to fix some volume and keypad issues.
Can someone tell me how to set English as the primary language on the phone?
Additional for my HP iPAQ910c that i had add Garmin GPS application for mobile and it's works. So when i travel along way road by car, i never think to lost due to the map route was clear and very helpfull. Anyway, why we have to doubt to use this mobile phone? think clear & be smart.
Last week I just bought this smartphone (HP Ipaq 910C). I'm impressed with capability of this smartphone with reasonable price. I can use email, yahoo massenger, play video & music in easily. The other I can edit office (ms office & excel)& use internet only with single hand. I believe HP is one of my powerfull smartphone that I can use it at anytime.
LawStudentUsingiPAQ, 25 Jan 2009well, i've been using PDAs since a while, i started with Treo 180 > Treo 600 > iPAQ 6500, the ... morehi,
i just bought my iPAQ 912 and i read your review in gsmarena. and i'm staying in Jakarta. Could you advise me pls where to find the software you mentioned to boost up the processor to 5xx Mhz? need your kind advice. thanks.
Anyone have actual experience with this model and how long the battery lasts? My Treo Pro with a 1500mAh battery and two non-native apps running (SPB Shell, IM+) last 3/4 of a day with about 10 5 minute calls, and push email! In other words, near useless. If I have to opt for te 2500mAh battery, I might as well look at another PDA-Phone like this iPaq 910c. Thanks.
ivica, 30 Jan 2009does someone try/have blackberry aplication for ipaq 914C? Is it posible or not? helpYou can use the push email function on Windows Mobile. It is the same. Guys, please.. the push email technology it's not new, it is old technology for me, you can directly received an email just like text message. The good thing about WM is there's a lot third party software out there. Blackberry..?? I don't think so :)
I had this phone a few weeks ago, and it's great. I wonder about the others opinion that said not user friendly OS..?? dude, it WM 6.1 .. lol. I never have problem with the wi-fi, GPRS, 3G even HSDPA. The GPS position..?? it works fine with me. I am using about 2 weeks and I never found anything trouble with this gadget. Overall, this is what I need right now. FYI, I bought this on Asia, I dunno about the others region that keep telling trouble, for me, this PDA is awesome..!!!
After positive experience with 6515 and 6955, I was waiting for an iPAQ that runs Windows Mobile 6.1. I purchased my 910c today and must admit so far I’m disappointed. Keyboard looks and feels cheap, it’s difficult to type. I couldn’t update GPS position. After disconnecting PDA from my computer, I couldn’t start WiFi. I had to reset unit to start WiFi.
HP was very late with this product and finally, they released something that doesn’t look finished at all.
I currently owned the phone and feel very upset with the phone features and functionality. I had to restart or reset the phone each time while the machine stop functioning. I also feel very regret on the non user friendly operating system and instability of software. HP should take more consideration on these features since they are in IT innovation leader range. Somehow, the only selling point for me is the outlook design of the phone. Thanks
Anonymous, 26 Jan 2009I just ordered the HP iPAQ 910c, but while I was doing my research, I came across different ph... morethey are both the same but HP use different names for different locatoins. 910c for N. America and 914c for EU.
i've been using iPAQ 912c for a week..
and the battery performance is GREAT.
i find a quicksheet released by HP that says the talk time is stand for 7.5 hours and 250 hours for stand by. yesterday i tried to browse using wifi for 3 hours, gprs is connected all the time, the backlight setting is 50%, did a bit registry tweaking for battery performance, did a bit calling and texting, and right before midnight i still had 15% battery power... nice.. and the charged till full battery takes approximately 2 hours
does someone try/have blackberry aplication for ipaq 914C?
Is it posible or not?
I just ordered the HP iPAQ 910c, but while I was doing my research, I came across different photos of what is the same phone. Or is one the 914? What is the difference between the 910 and the 914? Which one is which?
well, i've been using PDAs since a while, i started with Treo 180 > Treo 600 > iPAQ 6500, the way i see it, i'm using PDA until it broke, or not have capabilities to handle my growing needs.
in this case, iPAQ 6515 is out of date for me.. i've been using 6500 since 2006. i'm haven't migrating to 69xx series because when 6900 was launched, i really don't need a faster processor and a wifi.
but when HP says want to launch a new iPAQ (900&600), i'm so ready to buy one of em' when it hit the market. so i did bought the 600 series, meanwhile my sister bought the 900 series. and i compared both of them. here are my thoughts :
- Bigger Screen (no doubt)
- Touch Smart (loves the idea!) it really works
- Stronger Processor but weaker Battery (i'm Confused)
- no prob at all pair with bluetooth stereo (remembering there's no 3.5m Jack, bluetooth stereo with interchangeable earphone is a nice alternative) nor bluetooth headset
- hey they included good quality Screen Protector inside the box
- only dependable with virtual qwerty keyboard (it's fatal for me whose used with qwerty keyboard since treo 600 or 4-5 years ago)
- why can't HP included more accessories like they did before? what do you get when you bought iPAQ 6900? alot of accessories!
- in Jakarta it's kinda difficult finding accessories for the iPAQ.
- i'm frankly didn't feel comfortable with the size, i think it was to thick not wide enough to accommodate my big hands
- i have to upgrade my WM6 into WM6.1 by my self, there's no upgrade from HP
- Loved the design (it's Cool and i think it's still cool until 2010)
- just like the qwerty keyboard, i think better than my 6500 series
- the size is just perfect, not to thin, not to thick, not to wide, it's just perfect fit inside my palm. and it's just sit perfectly inside my jeans pocket.
- i think the Screen is not a big deal for me, it's bright and crisp enough.
- multiple navigation buttons? ROCKSS!! one handed-two handed-left handed-right handed is no problem with this device.
- it's already WM6.1 and i think it WM6.5 capable (why not?)
- weaker processor (but i have the solution -xcpus****r will sprite up the processor to 524mhz)
- why i cant rotate the screen orientation? some program not fully supporting landscape
- Bigger Battery - longer battery life - longer charging time (another spare battery with battery charger is a must have)
- those silly usb door, not smart i think.. and the usb position is not ideal for me
- no screen protector included
- no pouch included
- no cradle included
how can i find those in JAKARTA?
so, i just sold my 600 series and bought 900 series, which more suitable for my daily tasks.
i travel twice a week, taking notes in my class, sometimes recording lectures, watching movies on the road, chat a lot, always listening to music all the time, sometime work on my paper on the go, using dictionary, video call is not important for me, sometimes using skype, HSDPA is way faster than my imagination after migrating from GPRS hehe, update journal on excel everyday, capturing picture and recording video everywhere everytime, using a desktop instead a laptop.
here's my question :
- can it run with microSDHC16gb? have anyone try it?
- how can i rotate the screen orientation without reboot?
- can i extend the warranty and purchased the accidental protect plan?
If you want a phone that you have to soft reset everytime after using your bluetooth headset for a phone call because it turns off all or most of the notification alert sounds eg. incoming text, ringtone, etc.
If you want a phone that has live keys even when it's locked which makes it sensitive to being carried in a holster on your belt and when you go to use it you find 5 applications open and the phone, wifi, and bluetooth all turned off sometimes.
This product is a pure POS and a disgrace to Hewlett-Packard's renowned reputation for quality and was rushed to market way before it was ready.
Bluetooth is not sensitive I have been trying to catch my phone it took so many minutes to respond