HP iPAQ 6315 User Review
I got this phone like a year ago, and sold it for a Samsung.
Here's my review
- Screen, definitely with the size good for internet. Works well under sunlight if you increase the brightness. (of course)
- Hot-swap memory card hole on the side, very handy.
- 2.5 mm jack on the top left side (+ converter) - applause!
- Size, too bulky even for a PDA, feels like holding a brick.
- External antenna.. come on!
- Screen, too sensitive when you don't use a good case, the screen is exposed to everything and you'll have problems (alignments and all) in
- Hot-swap hole. I accidentally pressed the card and it jumped out and fell, and a buddy stomped on it!!! D'oh!
- 5-ways button under the screen is a wild goose chase. Useless.
- Speaker phone facing back is not loud enough, even at top volume. gets worse if you use a case, you won't hear a thing.
- Rubber material for side buttons are too weak. Use your nails and you'll never see them again.
FUNCTIONS & CAPABILITIES
- It's a PDA! You can expect this thing to do whatever a PDA is supposed to. With a little extra softwares the only limit of the capabilities
is YOU. I've tried using it as a tv remote using IR..
- Expandability - being a PDA.
- Synchronizes amazingly and seamlessly with Outlook - no hassle.
- Wifi works great on hot spots.
- Handwriting recg. works great!
- Battery is among the best I've ever used. Lasted 10 hours of non stop mp3 play, plus a day more - I can't believe it.
- Wifi sometimes conflicts with gprs. (I know, they're different, sometimes the IE still tries to connect through gprs even when i set
default conn to wifi)
- Camera is among the worst - if not THE worst.
- Speaker phone is hard to use.
- Signal is very poor.
- Closing apps does not close them.
- Hot swap memory card hangs a lot, often unreadable. Busted my 1G the last time.
PROS= It's a PDA + a phone, functions can be unbeatable, battery kicks a55!!
CONS= Looks ugly, filled with bugs, errors, glitches, hangs, involuntary resets, flaws you name it.
Get a better PDA - or Plug and Pray on this one.
I had similar problems to you guys with software issues and reseting the handset all the time, but i brought a 1GB SD Card and now i love the Handset. It's the best, i use it all day and since i myself work in a mobile shop I think it's fantastic!!
I had been using the Hp IPaq 6300 series Pocket PC phone and it was my worst experience, used to hang up a lot and very bulky.
Also I started getting a lot of complains from my friends and associates that when they call me my mobile shows as swithed off.
There are only 2 good things about it 1) screen size is big 2) battery life is very long. other than that its going to be your worst phone. I still have that phone sitting at home coz I just didn’t have the heart to sell out this sick phone to some one else. If you still want to try it out I'll ship it out to you free.
If you really want a good Pocket Pc Phone go for the i-mates
I bought it 6 months ago. It works pretty good.
For those guys with daily reset issue: get the software HandySwitcher - it can remove the application from memory completely once you close the app. OS mobile 2003 can clear the memory even you close the app. That's why your device has to be reset everyday!
I bought this phone and was big mistake :
You have to reset almost evry day , battery lasted 3 months than dead, speakerphone rubbish, lost data more than twice ... too many problems ,, big miastake
This is the most useless PDA / phone ever made. No body seems to have tested it in HP and the customers are part of their devTest team.
I've read the comments on this equiptment, and I can say that I'm relieved! I've had the device for less than 6 months, and I'm already have problems with it. It hard resets itself for no reason, and I've lost information 3 times already. Now, its "freezing" several times a day, and I have to do a soft reset. Not all blutooth headsets work well with this phone, and I've had people complain that they cannot hear me. The camera is also of poor quality, which surprises me. My $50 Nokia camera phone has a better picture quality.
I've very disappointed with this device, especially since its an HP brand. I'm back in the market looking for a replacement.
This phone is good, I have it since the 2y - the only problems I discoverd are: it cant be sanding via bluetooth all the file or ... has a normal phone + there is no software upgrade available. Regarding the lost of information...simply done - just do a backup from the utility option; therefore if it switch off because there is no charge left, you can always recover your things from the represtination option.
Hey, all the bad comments before was just because they don't have the latest ROM version. . .
With my unit, I would say it's the best I ever had. . . Integration of QuadGSM/WiFi/Bluetooth/IrDA/DigCamera/MP3&Video Player . . .
What can you still ask for. . .
I am warning every one who wants to buy this crap..
I had baught this piece os $hit 2 years ago and i through it away in few days.... This phone have alot of problems.
1. It automatically resets and we lose all data without any warning.
2. Camera quality is also very bad... No light balance and the softwares available is not user friendly.
3. Always comes locked with T-Mobile and u cant take it outside US.
4. Too big in size.
5. External case increases size much more.
and there are many more problems in this machine that I dont remembers. So guys I will highly recommend you not to buy it.
hey guy i am not sure if i should buy this..i mean i like it but i dont know am only gonna use it to do appointment and note i have problem with my memory and i read the bad function..so is this a good phone/pda???
does anyone know if you can put 3.0 SE on this phone? i suppose 5.0 is out of the question. Does anyone have a solution for the unstability of the device? Has anyone done a hard memory upgrade?
Speaker isn't loud enough, slow and upgradeable O/S apparently due to the slow OMAP ARM processor, SD slot killed one 1Gb SD card and a 245Mb MMC, unstable - jams up at the oddest of time, short battery life, bluetooth pairing sure.. but it's practically useless as most other PDAs doesn't have Personal Area Network it seems. Wifi turns on at will and refuses to turn off at times. Parts? Where do I get parts from? I want the front case replacement. HP hasn't replied. USSD feature is missing, I can't use DiGi (016) *128# USSD. Contacted HP, HP told me to contact DIGI. Since when did Digi make PDAs for HP? ***ons. Sent the support guy a more detailed explanation of what I was referring to... hasn't received any reply until today.
Horrid, abysmal, and yes I reiterate, the ringer could have been louder, at least allow camera upgrade to higher pixels. Bah...
My complaints are endless.
Dang! Wish the ringer was louder and the camera had a better resolution. Locks up very often and the the phone feature sucks when you have any other app. running. Otherwise i think it is a great device if fixes were available.
the ringtone is not lous aswell.
I have got very problem with fonts, specially iranian fonts.
I bought this gadged for U$250, it has everything that I ask for in a pda, plus it include a cel phone.
Like it, had it for two years.On my third replacement. But, Its bulky, batterylife is short, like he memory size and functions, but the charging dock hole damages easily. Wish the ringer and speaker was as loud as the aappearence of this device.
i have using this for the last 3 months. i agree the phone has some problems. (doesn't ring if it is in standby, went back to my nokia). But, as a PDA it is stunning. wifi, IRDA, bluetooth work well. games, software, mp3 on a 2 GB SD card make it a great laptop replacement. i have to soft-reset about once every 3 days. (but, i believe thats the case with every other device out there)