Hey, i bought an HP Ipaq but the problem is that its in german language, somebody knows of any software or internal settings that can convert the language to English?
does the GPS give verbal instructions, have points of interest and is it touch screen?
i´m using this phone have been two months, i have my cell blocked with password and i don´t have it.
now i´m after help to solve this issue
I updated the hw6515 ROM to 1.2 and it seems to be stable.......no more freezing or anything. Also, I'm using TOMTOM6 and it works excellent. Also, I tweaked the clock speed to 520 Mhz which boosted the performance a lot(with lower battery life though). Sorry, to see you guys are having nightmare!
I have this phone for over a year now. I don't like the ring tone (not loud enough). I love the alarm feature. It is easy to set it. But I hate it becuase it freezes on my more and more these days. I would expect a call, and look at it a few minutes later, found the thing to be off, and miss a ton of calls. Also, the GPS does not work at all for me. I bought several softwares, from asia to the U. S.
The camera is bad news. The PDA portion is OK though.
there is no voice dialing. The 3rd party programs, such as Vito Voice2Go can not be integrated with the dial button of the headset (no matter if cable headset or bluetooth ).
So the phone is a bit useless while driving a car !
I have been using this phone since 6 months now .
What can I say:
- It freezes very very very often !
When it is in stand-by and I click the POWER button it does not go ON - it's frozen. In the meanwhile the GSM operator plays the message - subscriber's phone is not switched on ! Some days it freezes 5-6 times a day, sometimes I can get 4-5 days without a single freeze.
- Very often it restarts when I am using it .
- The battery performance is very poor. When I go somewhere for the weekend I am carrying with me a charger, a car charger, a 9 volt battery charger...
- The GPS receiver is very unaccurate - in the so called "City cannyons" the performance is awful. In most of the time the signal is lost, or there are 5 satellites in range but one update of the location goes for 30-60 seconds, even 2 minutes. This means that in big cities it's impossible to use this device as in 80% of the time you skip turns and then you have to go back or wait tomtom to recalculate the next possible route.
- The speed of the device is variable: sometimes its working fast. Sometimes without any reason it's getting slow: it was idle for 1 hour, than I click on "Calendar" and I have to wait for 30 seconds for the application to pop up.
- Before the ROM update from 21 July 2006 the device was connecting to the GSM network for 5-6 minutes !!!!!! Totally unacceptable !
In Sofia, Bulgaria the device connects to the GSM network immediatelly - for less than 30 seconds. In O2 - Germany - I had to wait for 5-6 minutes ... in the meanwhile there is a message: Phone not yet ready. Please wait 15 seconds and try again.
After the update the device connects to all networks without problems.
- The camera is very poor. Photos can be taken only on daylight. And in 90% of the cases the quality is veeery poor.
- The SD slot works with 4 GB SD cards which is cool. There is an additional miniSD slot for 1 more GB card.
- The keyboard looks not very convenient, but after 2 days you get used to it and it's pretty cool.
Currently I am looking forward to replace this stupid phone with HTC TyTN. Main reasons:
- freezes often
- GPS is usable only in small towns and on the highway. In big cities its useless.
I hope this helps to the people that might have decided to buy this piece of s**t. HP says they have fixed the bugs in ipaq 6919, but who needs it anyway - there is no UMTS, and with the WIFI probably the battery performance is even poorer !
yes, u can change language, with flash. go to www.hp.com.... u will find there the rom update. u will need a craddle or sync cable. take around 20min. enjoy
to change language click on start then go to settings it is second last in the start menu
in settings click on the second tab which is the settings tab then scroll down and then you will see regional steeings icon is a globe round in shape click on it and you will get into regional settings to change your language if you dont understand you can msg me in yahoo chat in email@example.com i will give you step by step instructions
Hey guys.I have the same problem whit my hp! Does any one know how to rewrite ROM on it. Or just change default language. It is spanish now, and i want to switch it to English!Replay me pls on my e-mail adress!
Model Hp 6515h
I've bought it 4 month ago and have it brought back to the shop four times, the HP is resetting it's self frequently, today two times and after replacing the motherboard, the microphone was out of order, also after a repair (poor service). Does anyone has this problems, I like the device because of its complete, but the technics are poor.
I am thinking to buy it but i have one question. Can it support mp3 ringtones, the description only says polyphonic. Please someone answer. Thanks
Guys, I'm left handed, so scrolling down web pages with the scroll bar on the right is a nightmare as my hand covers the screen.
Is there any software out there that can allow me to move the scrollbar to the left of the screen?
Thanks in advance
I brought this device thinking I was buying the state of the art PDA / phone. I found the menu functions very un-user-friendly and complex (like everything was hidden and not obvious). Within 3 days the cradle (to charge and sync) failed and the error code 608 came up. Checking the hp support site - it was not listed, and they never replied to my email outlining the fault - poor service. I ended up losing my contacts as I couldn't hotsync or save them to the memory card. I found the keyboard annoying compared to the touch screen..Very dissappointed for the price paid - took it back for refund. Now looking at JASJAR?
Hey guys. Does any one know how to rewrite ROM on it. Or just change default language. It is chinese now, and i want to switch it to English
Model: HP hw6515h
Pocket PC 2003 4.21.1088 (BUILD 15184.108.40.206)
plese let me know if its possible to rewrite ROM on it or to change lang to English. If it works I am willing to pay.
MSN : Same email is in post: vsokalskyATyahoo.ca AT=@
si tamez you can use in mexico in telcel or movistar,but have to be unlocked
I did have VOICE COMAND and it works so perfect.So i sugested get voice comand @(handango.com).This phone is everything.i also purchased TOMTOM GPS(tomtom.com),it works likes what i want perfectly(some people said NAVTEG also good).So if you guys have this phone,just go to (www.handango.com)to get what you wanted.I love this phone.Just want to let you know,i have 4Gb MMC+2Gb miniSD,so imagine.
can anyone tell me how u can include a new notification tone for notifications (like for new message) The current tones are all too short ? For voice dial what software is required and where do u get them ?