I will buy HTC10 for a change.. been using Iphone6 and S6 Edge+...
If this came with 4.5" screen and compact size, same battery and design, I would buy.
Anonymous, 24 Apr 2016Sir, i wanna buy it... but some confusion here. does it overheat? I saw some reviews on came... moreMy HTC 10 0nly began to overheat, or get very warm when I had it doing multiple things at once. It got very warm and performance slowed down a lot when I was streaming HD video + downloading apps + having multiple things open + having the volume at full.
Maybe I pushed it to its limit, but it does not overheat when doing just one of those things.
Sir, i wanna buy it... but some confusion here. does it overheat? I saw some reviews on camera where they showed its Exposure has some issues.. Are they right?
thwinoo, 16 Apr 2016hi there,
Does it feel thin while holding?No, it does not feel "thin". It feels solid and a bit hefty.
Comparing it to the HTC One A9, the HTC 10 feels and looks thicker.
Rafe Firmani, 24 Apr 2016Nice review Derek.
You made it balanced this time, apology for my previous comment :)No worries. Thanks for the apology.
AnonD-507504, 23 Apr 2016My post was deleted from before and I am not quite sure why.
I received my preordered HTC 1... moreNice review Derek.
You made it balanced this time, apology for my previous comment :)
Judge, 23 Apr 2016its a shame this handset isn't coming with stereo speakers. I was holding out for this phone a... moreIt is great all other flagship devices carry stereo speakers except HTC 10. Lol. It's a new invention of HTC, subwoofer with Twitter. I think it's a good idea. If HTC will use two front facing stereo speakers, people will says boring and 3 years old design. You can not satisfied 100% people. Apple & Samsung uses bottom firing single speaker but people's are not complaining about that. But they criticized HTC's speakers, though it is the market's best sound system till now.. understand?
My post was deleted from before and I am not quite sure why.
I received my preordered HTC 10 on the 16th of April in Taiwan, where I live.I bought the dark grey with black front version.
When I first opened the box I was in love. The HTC 10 is a strikingly handsome phone. It has now been roughly 6 full days that I have been using the HTC 10 and these are my thoughts:
1. Solid, well crafted body. The phone looks and feels stunning.
2. Sound quality from the earphones is phenomenal!
3. UI is fast, slick and minimal.
4. It charges super fast.
1. The battery lasts a solid day with normal usage. (Calls, internet surfing, picture taking, light streaming of music)
2. The photo quality from both cameras is better than any other camera HTC has made so far.
3. The fingerprint reader works really well and is very responsive.
1. The phone feels bulky. It has heft to it and the edges start to feel a bit sharp.
2. The power button is a bit overly textured.
3. The internal speakers (tweeter and sub woofer) deliver loud sound but not stereo sound. The speakers lack the sound quality of the M7 or M8. They have the volume power, just not the quality.
1. The laser auto focus was buggy out of the box. It kept popping up an error message that it was being blocked and it wont let you take the picture. HTC has since sent out a camera software update and it kind of fixed the problem. The error is now infrequent, but still happens in low light.
2. The video and audio will sometimes stutter when a lot is going on at the same time; ie: streaming a video while downloading an app while having a few applications open in the background and having the volume on high.
3. Overheating. The phone got very hot a few times. Mostly when I was streaming video or playing a game.
4. The positioning of the tactile buttons on either side of the fingerprint reader is much too low. I found myself missing them when trying to select them. I needed to tap a couple times to hit the right spot. There is just a lot of "dead space" above the buttons. I guess that is a very minor issue as it is something that just needs getting used to.
I did contact HTC Support about the laser focus errors, overheating and stuttering problems. They said to return the phone to them for a replacement. I want to hold onto the phone for a couple more days and see if the problems persist or resolve themselves.
All in all, I am pleased with my purchase and I do like the phone a lot. I would recommend the HTC 10 to audiophiles, people who love a solid, handsome metal phone and anyone still using the M7, M8 or M9 as a worthy upgrade. I just hope the few problems will be fixed.
AnonD-249419, 23 Apr 2016I also have M8 and plan to upgrade to 10. Don't worry about it. it has 2 powerful and crispy s... moreI think people should be prepared in knowing that the HTC 10 does not have stereo speakers anymore. Yes, it has a tweeter and sub woofer, but the sound output really is flatter...more monotone. Sure, it is loud.louder than other phones, but the quality of that loudness lacks stereo.
What makes up for that load is the amazing sound experience from the headphones. It truly is phenomenal headphone audio experience.
AnonD-249419, 23 Apr 2016This is really strange. I watched many reviews of HTC 10. Some of them were even obvious to ge... morePerhaps I was just unlucky and got a bad phone from a batch. But what I know is what I experienced and it wasn't great. I hope the replacement phone that HTC is sending me will be better with no problems.
My purchase from Dubai has killed the urge to buy Htc10. It's died not have S7Edge love at first sight, hue of pinkish and amoled are both defects, that's why Apple has decided fr amoleds tinge was there in No too. It's All after you spend 800$ plus card cover etc add uptp 1000 bugs. Now I consider my self foolish to use device same utility as any other Chinese high end. It's All mental satisfaction, rest is show off.
Judge, 23 Apr 2016its a shame this handset isn't coming with stereo speakers. I was holding out for this phone a... moreI also have M8 and plan to upgrade to 10. Don't worry about it. it has 2 powerful and crispy speaker also. The only difference is they work as woofer and tweeter. Beside, it has Hi-Res Audio certificate which is really impressive for music lovers ;)
its a shame this handset isn't coming with stereo speakers. I was holding out for this phone as I have an htc m8. Now I don't know which phone to go for and there arent many that sound as good
[deleted post]This is really strange. I watched many reviews of HTC 10. Some of them were even obvious to get paid from competition ( BGR, Express.co,The Verge) but even them never mentioned any problem you've just shared tho they would love to bring it on.