RockStar2005, 03 Apr 2017 Hey Chap, More fluid? I dunno if it's more fluid, but I WILL say it's at least AS FAST a... moreOk thank you; i ve got second hand htc m9 two months ago and i like it(despite every1 says its the worst htc phone); also a fan of sony,so im confused about next; iphone,htc or sony.But,thanks again.
Chap1, 03 Apr 2017Is it more fluid than Sony? Thats my only question,please answer me.
More fluid? I dunno if it's more fluid, but I WILL say it's at least AS FAST as my Sony Xperia X Performance was. I mean it's VERY fast and loads up everything and downloads & installs updates VERY quickly too, etc.
I sold my X Perf for the 10 for the following reasons:
1) I compared my X Perf to my $299 Oppo HA-2 amp/DAC, and it could NOT match it in terms of sound quality, but the 10 DID. Shortly after I sold off my XP AND Oppo! Now I just connect my headphones STRAIGHT to my phone. So much easier than before. Unlike the X Perf, the 10 comes with a DEDICATED DAC and DEDICATED headphone amp for incredible audio quality. Sony used to have this set up on their phones but now they've gone cheap and try to market "Hi-Res" on their phones but resolution doesn't matter, it's having great components & parts that does.
1) HTC treats its U.S. customers better, gives us a phone in the 10 that offers U.S. customers VoLTE, which I could no longer get with Sony phones b/c they're too cheap pay T-Mobile to run their certification test on their phones to make it enabled. HTC wasn't too cheap and so now my calls connect faster and are stronger b/c of VoLTE. Also, with VoLTE I'll be able to use the Band 12/700 mHz spectrum which requires VoLTE in order use it on T-Mobile's network. That means if I'm in an area that ONLY gets Band 12, with Sony I wouldn't be able to make or take calls, but with HTC I am.
3) Slightly better battery life on the 10.
4) Though the camera on the Sony is still slightly better, the 10 has gotten VERY close after 3 major camera updates were deployed to it.
5) With HTC, by buying THROUGH HTC.com, I get 1 year free Uh-Oh Protection. So I save money by cancelling my phone insurance for that year and after that I can get it back or get private insurance via like Worth Ave Group, etc.
I couldn't recommend the 10 more. And I WAS a huge Sony fan, but things have changed. With Sony I had to buy the int'l X Perf JUST to get a working fingerprint scanner. It doesn't really matter I guess cuz there are no other differences, but I'd normally prefer to get the U.S. version of a phone vs. int'l.
Hope that helps!
AnonD-608874, 02 Apr 2017Do you have any test data or picture ? Thanks!~
No I do not. I don't know who said there were any issues with it but I've had NONE of those happen on my 10.
AnonD-265219, 28 Mar 2017the most underrated phonePreach. That is so true and not that many people notice the greatness of this phone. Only those that know greatness can acknowledge greatness ( low key roast directed toward thoughs that like companies who launch the same phone every year 🍎)
The htc 10 was one of the best phones on the market in the year of 2016 along with Samsung. That was before Apple came up with their stupid a10 processor chip for the iPhone 7😒. But what I like about htc is how smooth and fast the phone works and I've never had a problem with the phone either.
AnonD-608874, 01 Apr 2017Hi ! I'm looking for a new phone ! But I'm curious about LTE and Wifi signal strength of HTC 1... more
I've had the 10 for over 2 months now and I've had NONE of those issues. I wouldn't worry about it and just GET the 10 cuz it's the best phone out there right now IMHO. I LOVE my 10!!
Buy it from HTC.com if you can cuz then you get 1 year free Uh-Oh Protection and can save money by cancelling your phone insurance (if you have it), then get it again later or else get private phone insurance like I got (Google: Worth Ave Group and choose them. They cover theft too.).
AnonD-608874, 01 Apr 2017Hi ! I'm looking for a new phone ! But I'm curious about LTE and Wifi signal strength of HTC 1... moreLTE signal on my 10 is strong and just as importantly it is stable with gradual increase/decreases. WiFi signal is on the weaker side but not to the point its crippling.
Battery life is good, not bad or great but good. If you have a Quick Charge 3.0 charger around it helps considerably to top off here and there.
Hi ! I'm looking for a new phone ! But I'm curious about LTE and Wifi signal strength of HTC 10, becouse many user complain about signal strength is weak (compare to A9 , M8 and M7 ), anyone notice this issue? 10 meters and a wall will cause 2.4GHz wifi slow? And how about battery drain of surfing the internet by LTE at 40% brightness ? Thanks a lot !
Abe, 31 Mar 2017Just bought a new HTC 10 (arctic silver color) for equivalent of $383. Despite reaching end ... moreI agree Abe. The 10 is VERY underrated and doesn't get the respect it deserves. I sold off my Sony Xperia X Performance phone a couple mos ago for this phone as overall I found it pretty much superior. Plus HTC treats its U.S. customers very well vs. Sony Mobile.
Yeah both those colors are great. I actually got the glacier silver one you have last summer but returned it after 1 week for the X Perf. But after several mos I realized it wasn't as great as I thought, and sold off the Sony and got the 10 in Topaz Gold like your wife has. I find it to be very classy looking vs. Samsung's S7 in Gold, which kinda looks fake (I had it for 4 mos last year). The battery life is slightly better on the 10 and the audio is MUCH better on the 10 too (see link below, esp headphone audio section and below, including all words in bold). Just an excellent phone through and through!
Just bought a new HTC 10 (arctic silver color) for equivalent of $383. Despite reaching end of it's status as a flagship I found it to be an exceptional value.
It's still a high end phone, Snapdragon 820, 4GB ram, 32GB internal+SD card, 12mp OIS and QHD screen will serve anyone's needs for the foreseeable future. Also I like the body/build better than anything I've seen come out lately which are at this point double the price for not much more purpose.
My wife has one since release (gold color) and it's been beaten up and taken much abuse yet works flawlessly and flies with Android Nougat 7.0. This is one the most underrated phones of 2016 and will be a reliable workhorse in 2017 and beyond in my honest opinion.
HTC we are still stuck on Jan Security update, waiting for March Update.
Plz provide update
AnonD-265219, 28 Mar 2017the most underrated phone100% Agree with you
Jet, 25 Mar 2017my camera is getting smudgy some pixels look like dying anybody has the same problem?Yes I had the same issue, the photos look blurred, selfie cam turned totally blurred. Eventually I had to sell the phone.
AnonD-656089, 26 Mar 2017Totally agree with you on sound although I've read the 10 is better with headphones built in s... more
The 10 has THE BEST sound quality (esp on headphones) of ANY HTC flagship phone. Read this article, and pay CLOSE attention to the headphone section and ALL bold parts.
"Give Me the 8", 23 Mar 2017I'm terribly disappointed with the HTC 10. I was so in love with my M8 and I expected that I w... moreTotally agree with you on sound although I've read the 10 is better with headphones built in speakers on the 10 6/10 on the m8 10/10 glad there's a SC slot on the 10 though I just wish they had replaceable batteries would sacrifice some strength for that I bet HTC would be more popular as well