does ne one know if the desire is available in the uk???
or are HTC holding stock to build DESIRE for the phone
I'm between HTC desire and iphone 3GS, I select some pros about both and it would be great if you cold opine about it:
iphone 3GS pros:
- Huge amount of software available.
- Most accurate touch screen.
- Mature plataform (almost none bugs)
- Easy to unlock for other 3G networks.
- Comes with 32GB of memory.
HTC desire pros:
- Best overall hardware.
- Operational system adopted by various vendors.
- AMOLED screen.
- Flash and java support.
It seems to be the biggest pros when comparing one to the other, but maybe there are more!
As I can see the HTC one is "a promise" until now, it has everything to be great but it's not and I think the major reason is because of the small amount of softwares compared to iphone... (as I could read on the Internet)...
Do you think a new iphone 4G would apper to mess with HTC party? And this fone is MUCH better than NEXUS ONE?? (seems that the touch buttons on nexus are really sucks and the trackball too...)
Thank you guys, I hope you help me to decide... :)
throw your iphone in the grand canyon and buy this new shiit best phone till to the next htc
iels2003, 13 Apr 2010I have Desire from OFFICIAL shop and we tested 3 other phones and all!! of them have the same ... morei didn't understand parts of your comment, but from what i understood you had proved that you are not objective... why you are the only one so unsatisfied with desire?! you are definitely entitled to your opinion but this started to be you bashing desire with calling it low end phone (which it's certainly not) and suggesting that others should think that too (and they obviously don't). you're talking over and over that you can't read mail but you should blame your vision. i can read clearly in direct sunlight with 80% of brightness. comparison with 25$ nokia in sound quality is just silly and says a lot about your way of reasoning which is quite frankly on a level of 14 year old. problem with apps is linked to copy-protected apps and it should be resolved in the near future. more about this matter: http://androidforums.com/htc-desire/58974-no-copy-protected-apps.html. now, i agree that this is big issue so in that part i understand your revolt, this kinnda phone should be fully functioned when it hits the stores but this one real issue which is solvable doesn't make this phone low end. desire has so many qualities and it is the best phone currently on the market.
iels2003, 13 Apr 2010I have Desire from OFFICIAL shop and we tested 3 other phones and all!! of them have the same ... moreDo any of the alternatives you have posted have one of the most formidable OS in the world? I think not. This phone is not about just its music, or just its phone calling. This thing is a mobile...computer.
Quite frankly, the only phone that really compares to this is an iPhone. Ridiculously expensive, call reception on my parent's old ones were atrocious, battery life was pathetic and they both broke within 3 months.
If you want just a phone, then buy JUST a phone. if you want JUST a music player, then buy JUST a music player.
If you want a mobile computer that CAN phone (May not be market leading quality, but noise cancellation isnt actually all that important. A lot of smartphones have A LOT worse quality than this), and you want a music player thats pretty good if not amazing then this is the phone for you.
Sunlight legibility? The iPhone is ridiculously bad for sunlight legibility. The Legend is better than both, but its a smaller phone with pixels spread in a much smaller space allowing a better image quality. Smaller displays are always better quality than exactly equivalent larger displays.
To me, your complaints appear to be small areas that other phones beat it. Yeah, this phone can be beaten in the odd area. Its the ENTIRE package that makes the Desire so appealing.
Never mind whether its got this feature or that, simply the lack of the noise cancelling microphone is an appauling omission. The quality is hopelessly bad. How can any self-respecting company market a high end product with a blatent economy cut which goes to the very heart of functionality. Listen to it before you buy.
DiscoHero, 13 Apr 2010I've had the phone for a few days now (previously Bold 9000, iPhone 3G, Curve 83xx, Nokia N61i... moreUnfortunately, Having either owned several Android phones (Or smaller android phones) and having seen others with larger ones, battery life is a consistent failing of android. Because it is designed to be constantly connected, and designed to keep apps permanently open (or at least in the cache) it takes a lot more power to run. Most android handsets you need to charge daily. I have to with my HTC Tattoo (ridiculously small thing), my friend does with his Hero and my parent's do with their Legends.
Anonymous, 12 Apr 2010Did you get yours from an official and reliable source? Very strange you get these issues and ... moreI have Desire from OFFICIAL shop and we tested 3 other phones and all!! of them have the same problem .
I even can't say this is a problem , HTC trying to sell new ( unfortunately not ready for use ) phone.
What the have to do is just Legend but bigger screen .
1-outside you can use phone , just try read mail ??
2-on Leegend or Nexus in the market you have 25!!free speed dialer on De. only 15 . Many templates free programs don’t show up on De.
Camera zoom APS. 3$us perfect on Legend and De.??nada
SoundHound (Midomi) Legend 10/10 De.0/0
what about sound quality ?? ( 25$ nokia is better )
HTC support : after 45?? minutes waiting and transferring from on person to other , told me "we don’t know what to sagest and in 3!!! mounts they will make updates and maybe it will be resolve a SMALL PROBLEMS.
That you call a best phone ??
Try to be honest with your self and accept the fact that HTC De. is just ordinary /low quality phone
HTC Desire owners. please confirm. does it really has a threaded sms view? Chat style messaging? thank you
I've had the phone for a few days now (previously Bold 9000, iPhone 3G, Curve 83xx, Nokia N61i in that order over a few years), so here are a few observations about the phone.
- Screen. Sharp, contrasty and colours are sich. Very bright even with brightness turned down nearly all the way down.
- Speaker is good and loud. In fact, in quiet environments with speaker volume turne up you don't need speakerphone.
- Operation is fast and smooth.
- Sense UI is, perhaps, the best skin for Android. HTC replacements for some apps and widgets are clean, well done and useful.
- Most importantly reception and call quality are great.
- Default browser is nice and flash works just fine.
- HTC keyboard replacement is better than stock Android, im my opinion. Although, anyone on Android/WM phone should be using Swype anyways.
- Camera, AF and Flash work great. Face detection doesn't work that well especially in dark environments but I really haven't had time to play with it.
- Little touches in both software and hardware ... turn phone face down will silent it ... picking up a ringing phone will lower volume gradually
- Screen can be hard to read in the sun with brightness turned down. After about 75% it becomes fairly readable in bright sunlight (it was 24C and sunny yesterday and I was able to use it outside). So reports of bad screen in sunlight while true are over-exaggerated, in my opinion.
- Too many apps preinstalled that can't be removed, using up valuable space on the phone. I wish HTC allowed you to use which apps/widgets you want and download them OTA as opposed to preinstalling stuff ... Teeter preinstalled and not removable, seriously? Same goes for some widgets and RSS reader that doesn't integrate with Google Reader ... useless use of phone space.
- Battery life. Perhaps, I was spoiled by my Bold and I didn't use it to browser the web as much, smaller screen etc. but I am so far quite disappointed with the battery life. I've had to tweak settings, turn down brightness and kill programs to get decent battery life.
- HTC mail doesn't integrate well with Gmail and Gmail's own app doesn't have cut and paste ... why, Google, why?
- Included headphones are pretty bad. Which is a shame since they have handly controls for the phone, music player, Spotify etc.
- Contacys/People app shouldn't give me option to SMS Home/Work/Fax numbers that just clutters the interface for no good reason.
Overall, I am very happy with the phone and how it performs. Muy biggest complain is with battery life, which allegedly should improve after a few complete cycles.
what's better htc hd2 or htc desire? i'm in two minds as which phone to get. please help!!
scoopyscoopy, 12 Apr 2010Thanks for you comment..it makes sense for most people but unfortunately not for me.
1. Sup... moreHi...
I'm an iPhone user too for about a year... iPhone is MONO cuz ANONYMOUS also mentioned a good point,one is for mic. and one for speaker this makes it MONO! (just as iPad is so)
for front facing cam, U have a better option, hang-out with your girlf. better than seein' her in cam :P :D (just an advice)
thnx in advance....Ness.
Still stock issues for T-mobile Uk. Been waiting for mine since 27th March :( They were meant to get stock today for the 2nd week in a row but received a txt from them saying no delivery today either. Apparently according to the person i spoke to today HTC are keeping them in the dark in regards to stock and delivery ..annoying...dont think its t-mobiles fault though.?