Jameel, 03 Mar 2010I just want to post my opinion with no side taking therefore I’ll shortly compare this phone w... moreJameel very well said. I feel 100% same you owning both phone. But I like to say like you said the Internet connectivity is much faster with Nexus than Iphone. I love it.
But if I am allowed to owen only one phone the nI would choose still Iphone.
I just want to post my opinion with no side taking therefore I’ll shortly compare this phone with the new iphone “ 3GS”
Obviously phone market has two dominate and competitors (Apple & HTC) as other manufacturers fail to satisfy user’s greed for perfection.
Apple & HTC will defiantly continue their battle which is good for us as users more competing means more user benefit..
Mighty iphone still sitting on the throne, but there is a good shake form HTC, will they do it and take over?!! Still to know
Let me go back to my comparison;
- Wight & size: same weight and negligible size diff, except Desire has larger screen (1 point for Desire)
- Shape: Desire is a lot prettier that iphone (1 point)
- Input methods: no difference both are great
- Storage: capacity is not issue but desire has microSD which is good, iphone users are facing files backup problem in case of changing OS.. (1 point for desire)
- Connectivity: there is nothing to compare any mobile has WIFI, GPRS, EDGE, and Bluetooth
- Radio: another point for the Desire ( 4 till now)
- Camera: any one can till that iphone is way back with its camera, Desire 5 MP, with much features (3 points Desire)..
- Video: both have good video play back & recording & neither has 2nd video call camera. HTC you nexus has it why not this one?!!!
- Audio: I know Desire has Dolby but no question that I phone has a great audio quality.
- Maps: both are good with Digital compass
- Internet: this is a good one, Safari was I’ll will remain one of the most fastest internet browser, but recently HTC nexus was able to beat iphone, I know that till now no phone can pup up and load any internet page faster than 3GS iphone, but once page is loaded on nexus user can navigate through it a lot faster than the iphone, you may refer to www.engadget.com nexus review, since Desire has larger RAM , it might completely crash the 3GS (1 point HTC) “still 2 know”
I think it is the time for iphone hit back;
- Battery life: no Desire you cant hold 3GS if it working on 2G network,,, ( 1 point iphone)
- OS: Android OS developers are still blathering about how to comes with new version to be launch to users without buying a new phone, iphone OS is rapidly changes.. (3 points iphone) it indeed deserve it.. , waiting WM series 7 with hope
- Applications: this is painful HTC, iphone 3rd party applications can be found any where with vast variety, need a any application?! just search for it , and you have it no need to wait even for 1 day, ( huge 5 points for iphone), Android and 3rd party developers, you need to work on this one if you want to compete…
Result: overall iphone is still ahead with 1 point,,, but nice approach HTC,WM series 7 will help you a lot in your next round..
At the end not HTC nor Apple decides which product is butter, it us, user, and dear readers piece of advice if you are looking for a phone please know it’s feature and future wise use. If you are looking for a good looking with nice features phone Desire is the choice, but if you are looking for plenty of applications that serve your need defiantly iphone is the choice,,,
Personally I like both phones, and both deserve to have..
My best regards;
new HTC admire., 03 Mar 2010does this proves that htc is capable of beating the iphone, though the applications are copied... moreThis Law Sue can go for sometimes before possible Apple Stop HTC from shipping if they have good ground to stand on. I owen both phone Iphone and Nexus and they are some similar ideas but for me they really different in use. I like both.
I owen 3 phone Blackberry 9700, Iphone and Nexus one. I like them all 3 phone.
Anonymous, 02 Mar 2010Most likely this phone have problem come out:
Apple Sues HTC Over Iphone Patents.Apple is s... moredoes this proves that htc is capable of beating the iphone, though the applications are copied?
i won't mind non-original apps, cos i look for design, overall features for a handset. who cares who copied who.
guess apple really scare the upcoming handsets from htc will affect its iphone sales. lol....
Can someone tell me if this model will be replacing the "HTC Magic" ?
How is the Dolby Mobile in thin phone..?
No one showed this in the MWC 2010...
Most likely this phone have problem come out:
Apple Sues HTC Over Iphone Patents.Apple is suing phone maker HTC and has filed a complaint with the U.S. International Trade Commission , alleging that the Taiwanese company is infringing 20 Apple patents related to the iPhone.
Apple named 12 phones that it claims use technology that infringes its patents. Five of those phones, including the Nexus One
Wow, this will cost US$800 (583 Euro).. SUCKS! Was hoping it will cost much less.
Guess I'll just get the Nexus One for $530.
Only problem is that it doesn't have the North American 850/1900 3G band. Otherwise, a perfect phone.....
Terminator, 01 Mar 2010It has same specs than Nexus One + BETTER LOOK + HTC Sense + available in Europe and Midlle Ea... morewell, it has even extra 64mb of ram than the N1 and Radio (which btw i dont use at all) but the missing thing on it is the Voice Typing which is pretty Amazing Feature of the N1 wats more is the Price The Desire is expected to Cost 90$ more than the N1
in conclusion ,both of them r so great
Terminator, 01 Mar 2010It has same specs than Nexus One + BETTER LOOK + HTC Sense + available in Europe and Midlle Ea... moreIt's a tad faster, 576mb ram compared to 512 of the Nexus one, also has Dolby Mobile, which is really impressive
the first htc phone with 16m colours which makes the screen more vibrant.its the best htc phone ever with great specs!!!! cheers
Anonymous, 02 Mar 2010Why is the battery life poorer than HTC HD which has more standby time and bigger screen with ... morebut the great thing bout AMOLED is not only are colours more vibrant.. but it helps save energy, because when ur screen has anything in black, that part of the screen is actually off, which means it saves more energy.. so i think it shld be other reasons.
Why is the battery life poorer than HTC HD which has more standby time and bigger screen with 1230 Mah battery..
Compare to Desire which got 1400 Mah one plus. Maybe the Amoled screen take much energy and android is not a power saving OS....
This phone has the best hardware of any phone out there I mean the ram is overkil 584 mb of ram which!!! Very nice, But one thing this phone lacks is better camera + DLNA wifi share.
no phone is perfect but this phone is the best android phone out there technical wise.