I don't want to comment anything but my phone's battery gets drained too fast.. even when the fon is in flight mode.. What to do ??
I recently bought HTC 816,and its really awesome.
But yesterday my phone got hanged for about 3-4mins gave an error octa core not responding.
Can any one suggest why this happened is this phone good enough.
Also whenever i click photo eyes goes red and when i try to edit it it say no red eye detected. Is there any option where i can avoid red eye before clicking.
As per my experience battery last for max 8 hours.
Please help awaiting response.
How much gb mmc is best for htc desire 816 . 16 gb, 32 gb or 64 gb . Plz sugest
Thankgr in advance.
Bought this mobile a wek back from Spice hotspot Delhi South ex.@ 23300 -10% cash back in 3 months = 21000. I got this phone after much hassle as it was getting out of stock at every Spice shop. They are not even putting this in display as they say that people are purchasing it without trying
I have a 25% employee coupon for Samsung and thus was getting S4 @ 23500 and note 3 neo @ 22000, but still i chose this. Last phone i had Samsung Galaxy R (cousin of S2): After two years it started hanging like hell. After update battery started draining 50% faster. I was very much disappointed. I purchased a flagship that time and it didnít last even 2 years.
Review of HTC Desire 816:
1. Camera excellent at this price point, very good overall - pictures are a bit grainy sometimes. The anti-shake feature comes handy while clicking pics. of my kid. Adjustment of ISO and EV gives you ample room to play around
2. Performance: after using a while it is showing signs of slowness in watsapp. Remember, processor is 2 generations old. Overall performance is ok if u r not using it for gaming and all. I use it for mostly browsing and it works pretty well
3. The free flip cover looks quite cheap but works well. It is the magnetic cover that shuts the screen when you close it
4. Placement of power button is awkward but for me it is not as the flip cover does the job of switching the display on off for me. The left power button can be a blessing in disguise against water damage etc.
5. Display: quite bright and vivid. Never felt like low pixel density. As a fact, the human eye can only differentiate in ppi of less than 250 from a distance of around 12-18 inches
6. No corning glass - you have to use this very carefully. Nowadays displays cost half the price of new phone
7. Design - Look and feel is premium and fantastic. I donít know why people are cribbing abt gloss etc. White color is unmatchable
8. Battery - not good, just moderate. Doesnít last even a day after moderate usage
9. Sound quality from speakers Ė indeed high quality and clear sound from front speakers
10. Software - I will give hands up to Samsung. Samsung UI is much user friendly and have some good functionalities. specially the dialer. u cannot send contact as test in sms but only as vCard. I donít use blink feed feature
11. Kit Kat - native phone OS is always better than the update as update is not optimized and tested fully. So hands up for latest OS
12 I feel if it had snapdragon 600, +300mah battery and corning glass 3 even with a price increment of 3k. It would have been the best phone till date.
13. Moto X is the good option if you can settle for smaller screen.
14. Donít purchase costly scratch guards from shops. Itís available @ 100-150 at local shops. I got one @100 from Nehru place Delhi
Performance = 7/10, Camera =9/10, Display = 8/10. Build = 9/10. Value for money= 8.5/10. Sound quality = 9/10, OS and customizations = 8.5/10. Battery = 7/10
Guys can anyone tell me the battery life of desire 816? To be exact i meant...i play heavy games like asphalt,dead space,injustice gods among us etc.. I have s advance now and it totally sucks...just the battery life is all i need..thanks ppl
jatinR, 18 Jun 2014Well mr intelligent she asked about wifi direct... Not wifi :) Bro it was a mistake in seeing.well u are better adviser got to admit it anyways help her
Arpit809, 17 Jun 2014Are you blind/drunk??? The guy asked to compare it with Galaxy S3 NEO, and you go on writing t... moreIf you have never used desire 816 stop stating foul things about it.It is far more times better than ur s3 neo and note 3 neo.Samsung fools people by saying hexa core and octa core.I couldnt find any real difference between s4s octa core and htc ones quad core.only thing samsung puts is a 16gb internal and 2gb ram.All the samsung devices are damn laggy.
Priya2, 17 Jun 2014HTC desire 816 or Htc One Mini 2?
Both have a 13 MP rear and a 5 MP secondary. Mini 2 has a s... moreIf your budget is greater and if u want premium metal look within a perfect size go for one mini2.Otherwise both have similar features desire 816 is bit bigger a bit greater battery life but mini2 has 16gb internal.
Now its up to you
saifu77, 17 Jun 2014I am extremely confused between these two phones,htc desire 816 and sony xperia t2 ultra,both ... moreIf u want good camera looks speed sound screen go for desire 816.T2 is a bit bigger with 6inch and has the same rear camera as desire 816.The speed is a bit slower than desire 816.I have personally used both device the battery life is quite similar but t2 can last half an hour more than 816.But remember 816 has ultra saving mode.
Swetha, 18 Jun 2014hi! Rohan 816 ..
1) can we create or delete folder in SD card..
2) can we download audio or ... moreYes you can create and delete folder but first you have to download a alternate file manger i use file explorer.
Yes you can download songs movies and docs to sd card but not apps.
Yes you can move songs and docs to sd card and also some little apps.
Yeah it has got wifi and its super fast.
I bought this beauty queen draped in orange on 14.06.2014. I've been using htc phones for 4 years and much impressed with the quality htc assures. They kept the trust in this phab also. It's amazing in all levels. Needless to say,it's an attention seeker. Even if you are ugly and owns this phab,people start looking at you and this beauty. Big hugs to htc..
Rohan 816, 17 Jun 2014Its totally rumour that play store doesnt work it works fine on my device.
If u are a heavy u... morehi! Rohan 816 ..
1) can we create or delete folder in SD card..
2) can we download audio or video files directly to sd card
3) can we move audio video and doc files from phone memory to sd card
4) dose this device support wifi direct
Ple reply as I am going to buy it
Tbone., 18 Jun 2014Hey buddy will you please elaborate your xperience of using T2 ultra and HTC 816. . .M very mu... moreYou care about camera quality ? HTC Desire 816.
You want amazing battery life ? Sony Xperia T2 Ultra.
You have 128GB SD Card ? HTC Desire 816
You want louder and good speaker ? HTC Desire 816
You don't want software bug and some problem for now (or if you can wait bug and problem fix for Sony Xperia T2 Ultra KitKat update) ? HTC Desire 816
You want good screen ? Sony Xperia T2 Ultra
You love and want better multitasking ? HTC Desire 816
In term of performance,daily use,entertainment,build quality both phone doing great job. Anyway, sorry for my bad english
Hey buddy will you please elaborate your xperience of using T2 ultra and HTC 816. . .M very much confused. My budget is around 22 to 23 k. . .I hav nasty habbit of droppin my fone so i think dat total glass front body n total plastic rear body of T2 is vulnerable to cracking.(did nybody accidently drop der T2 ultra or 816?? plz share ur fone's condition afta droppin. .)
. . .while on the other hand I love da brand sony which is just too awesome n walkman sound plus the TimeScape UI is superb..and sony have many service centers as compared to HTC in my town (pune)..n da best part of T2 is its Gargantuan Screen n Massive 3000mah battery which has enough juice for 2 days. .:)as compared to 816's 2600mah battery :(
i've operated da T2 ultra and it was flawless..bt din find ny 816....
Plz nybody who is havin xperience of both of these fones help me out.... major thing that i'am lookin for is Sturdy build material and durable battery as well as fone life. . .plz reply. .:)
Thankz a tonn in advance. . :)
I really love this phone but for some reason i can open videos it keeps on telling me that this video cant play and when i use it for more than an hour the phone gets hot does anyone know y?