farsgsm, 13 Dec 2015yes it is available I didn't get any update... will they give us lolipop update??
my phone not support to UBS HUB Please Support of the usb hub solved sollution or how to setting usb hub connected
javed, 14 Dec 2015lollipop sucks.............Yes please give us lollipop backup pleaaase
i want to know how to do video call on this phone..
plz anyone tell me how to do that
bisaria77, 10 Dec 2015I am using HTC Desire 820s dual sim since one month. We are facing a charging problem from som... moreSame problem by me frnd i am also so suffering for this reason can u plz anyonw tell me. With my charger it doesnt charging. With samsung charger or powerbank its charging wts the problem plz guys. But charger working i charge powerbank with htc charger only
Wheres the lolipop update? they said its release on 20th dec. but still not any update.
kool jay, 11 Dec 2015Is the lollipop update is available ???? Thanks for reply yes it is available
mkn, 12 Mar 2015Only name is different features are same as 820UPlz tell me which is best 820s or 820q
I am using HTC Desire 820s dual sim since one month. We are facing a charging problem from some days as my phone's battery don't charge still I connect it with charger cable even it shows charging continue.
then I have to reboot or re-start my phone to charge.
Please tell me what is the problem with my phone or battery. And how can I fix it.
using since 10months....phone is awesome...only thing is phone gets heats alot and camera photos looks blur...although i loved the brand HTC...
Using this 820s model since January 2015,so almost 11 months. This is my final view of this phone.
1. Super-fast processor.Very minimal lag. A very big leap from my previous Lenovo S930. In early 2015 there are few phone with octa core processor. At that time the other contender for phablet below 280USD was Asus Zenfone 6 Dual core 2.0. No Zenfone 2, Lenovo K3 Note, Huawei Honor 6 plus, etc available yet.
2. 2gb RAM is just adequate. Needs to constantly free the running apps. The apps has to be painfully kill / shut down one by , quite tedious. I really hope HTC can install a single button that can kill all running apps at one go. Even my wife's ancient Galaxy Note 2 have that. Or maybe custom launcher can help?
3. Stereo speaker. This is the main reason I bought this phone other than the fast processor. Coming from Lenovo S930 I want another phone with stereo speaker, so this is the only available option in early 2015. Unfortunately I am a bit disappointed. The volume is quite low and not balance between left/right. Stereo speaker in S930 is superior unfortunately no follow up model from Lenovo with stereo speaker until now in the form of Lenovo vibe x3.
4. Beautiful design, even with plastic body. Very durable too. Just wish that SIM card tray is easier to pull out.
5. 8mp front facing camera is above average quality. Good for selfie lover (not me though).
1. Zen UI ,or the lack of it. I don't know how Zen UI looks like. This is my first HTC phone and it is upgraded up to version Android 4.4.4. But the UI looks like it coming from a stock Android OS 4.0. Especially on the part where I have to painfully kill running apps one by one.It reminds me at my Huawei Ascend P1 of 2012. Very similar UI. What I understand that Desire line were never installed with Zen UI. Please correct me if I am wrong. Not cool HTC.
2. Battery life, battery life, battery life. The most common problem reported in any review for 82xx series. When I bought this phone the review of original Snapdragon 820 was not out yet. So I have no idea about the battery life. The 2600mAh battery were used in many other HTC phone; desire 816, one M7/M8 etc. In their individual review the battery life seems to be just adequate. So I made an assumption that this 820s with have fairly similar battery life as other models with same 2600mAh battery. I am totally wrong . When review of 820 came out it was reported as having below average battery life. By that time I already use my 820s for few days ,so no turning back. My personal experience, I found that with minimal use it can last from 7am when I detached the charger up until 5-6pm. Unfortunately once I have to extensively use it especially for web browsing on 3g or listening to music, the battery will completely drained out/flat by 1 or 2 pm. That is not really a problem. The real problem is that I never able to get it fully charged when using a power bank. I have 4 different power bank at home and office. Initially they will able to charge it until 100%. Subsequently the maximum charging keep on lowering down until the worst that I encountered; 71%. The way to counter this is I keep on changing the power bank so it will have less memory effect. Even with doing this most of the time I can only charge it up to 83% max. Unfortunately again this is only happen to my 820s. With the same power bank I can fully charge my old Lenovo S930, my back up phone Nokia Lumia 620 and my wife's Galaxy note 2 without fail. All charged fully to 100% each and every time. Fortunately the 820s can be fully charge with normal wall socket powered charger until 100%. I am not sure whether this is unique to my 820s unit only or other user also face similar problem. The only motivation that I have to tolerate this problem is to remind myself that this is my fastest ever phone that have minimal lag, even when used for almost 1 year. With my previous 3 Android phone; Sony Xperia Ray, Huawei Ascend P1 and Lenovo S930 they all become very laggy and not responsive once they reached 1 year of use. Not with this 820s. The performance is still maintain as if I just use the phone yesterday. No drop of performance at all. So I accepted the battery issue as an acceptable compromise.
3. The 13mp back camera is not an upgrade from my previous phone; Huawei P1 and Lenovo S930. 820s main camera has a very noticeable grain/noise even at lowest ISO. In other camera each pixel usually can be seen a dot but in 820s picture somehow the pixel appeared as wavy short line of few pixels. In other word ,the picture looks smudgy and less detail. Not a real problem for web or Facebook use. But when you compare it to other phone with 13mp resolution or lower you will notice the different in image quality. Probably HTC keep the best sensor for their One line.
That's all so far. Bottom line is , if battery life is your main concern please stay away from this phone. They are so many available alternative phone nowadays with 4000mAh even 5000mAh battery at below 300USD.
Phone is getting hanged and showing error message process.com.android not working would you like to close it? What to do
sam, 08 Dec 2015friends, can anybody tell me what is the best phone among samsung j7 or htc desire 820s?Im re... more820s is a fantastic phone, its design is captivating and it is slim also and speaker is good also, but it heats alot and its battery drains really fast, thats why i sold it and bought xperia m4 aqua,. My sister has j7 and its a decent phone also and my sister said her battery life last for 3 days for normal call n txt use,. If uwant a good looking phone go for 820s and take all the badside of it, and if ur looking for better battery life phone go for j7,.