Anonymous, 03 May 2015I bought this phone just 2 days ago. camera and audio and display is awesome. it took about 3 ... moreVery slow charging... takes about 4-5 hours for a full charge.. is it a manufacturing defect?
I'm HTC loyal user for 4 yrs. I got my HTC 826 phone today after finding specs pretty appealing for the value. But within 2hrs all my expectations were down.
1. Yes, it has heating issue when you turn on the camera. I dint try with the heavy applications.
2. Low light camera quality is way poor, felt like image quality on old nokia N73. I have used HTC incredible S, I feel it's camera quality is superior than htc 826.
3. On HTC official website they haven't mentioned about Gorilla glass, but seller convinced me that it has Gorilla glass. But I dint find the same touch of gorilla glass.
4. And to my Bad, I got a defective flash. In flash the clicks were coming reddish. Good that I got this Htc 826 from TATA Croma. They agreed to replace with HTC M8 eye. Yes it's costing me extra bucks but camera of HTC m8 eye is way better.
Even a Senior Manager at Croma told me that they have received multiple issues for HTC 826.
Verdict : If you are ready to compromise with bit low camera quality and slight heating issue then you can go for it.
I dont recommend this Phone because I bought this Phone before three weeks, now I don't have it in my hand. Now it is in HTC Service centre for Touch Screen problem. Likewise my friend bought this same mobile before a week his phone has the same problem as he made Insurance he bought the New phone instead but the same HTC. Please think before you buy this Phone.
Can any one tell me how to assign ringtones for message & bbm other than default ringtones. Also can any one tell how to set different LED Notifications for different apps like mail apps etc.
Shash, 16 May 2015Bud it uses a lollipop version!! All the mobiles having lollipop AV has heating issues!!No.826 has lollipop from it's begginer. And other has upgradeable lollipop.
bujji, 15 May 2015Both are sims 4goh really.....
Both are sims 4g...????????
i'm not sure...!!!!!
Anonymous, 15 May 2015Heating problem from the day one. Can anyone tell how this problem be removed. Please reply...... moreBud it uses a lollipop version!! All the mobiles having lollipop AV has heating issues!!
AnonD-370518, 15 May 2015it doesn't have....!!! if you say yes....then why it is not mention in spec...????? I hav listened the heating prblm........is it a big problem,or a prblm that can not be solved
Sid, 15 May 2015Guys need help how to change view from vertical to horizontal in menuYou can't change in htc ui but you can install go launcher from Google play so you can change
arvi, 15 May 2015Is have heating issue? Battery issue? what about camera quality as compare to 13 mp.Heating Problem Both Side.Battery Back Up Not Good.
Anonymous, 15 May 2015Heating problem from the day one. Can anyone tell how this problem be removed. Please reply...... morethe heating issue is due to the lollipop android., all the mobile with lollipop android are having heating issue, so u should not worry about it.
I bought the device HTC826 10 days before.After experiencing samsung i will little nervous to choose htc.But now i am completely satisfied with its performance, features and design. This phone is awesome as it comes with dual 4G sims, 64 bit octacore processor,2 gb ram, 13 mp camera( front & Back), full HD display(401 ppi) with sharp images, average battery of 2600 m.amp.
Rendering of any application is fast, crystal clear display, day light camera(front & back) is really superb.
It weighs little bulky ( 183 gms).But it has grip in hands.
Above all Worth of paying.Fully satisfied.
Let's talk about this device; it's not a great device, and it's not supposed to be, but it's an OK phone for its price range.
- You don't experience noticeable slows/freezes.
- Design, it's a good looking phone.
- Frontal camera.
- Sound, it does have a very acceptable sound system. Probably the best sound from all the devices I've ever owned.
- Battery, running heavy duty apps will make your battery drain really quickly.
- Screen, you can see lines on the screen, even with the panel turned off. The colors saturation is also a bit off.
- Still no alternatives to the HTC Sense, I dislike it. (waiting for a CyanogenMod or MIUI ROM)
At the end of the day it's a decent middle-of-the-pack phone with a fair price (although it could be a bit cheaper, especially with better phones for about the same price [I'm looking at you OnePlus One]). Don't expect a flagship, but it won't let you down.