I had to choose between Galaxy S and DHD...It was a very difficult decision......but I chose Galaxy S.....but that doesn't mean Desire HD is not good.
1. DHD has 8 MP cam but Galaxy's 5MP cam is equivalent to it even better in some daylight pics, DHD has flash but LED flash doesn't make much difference.
2. Galaxy has world's best 4" Super AMOLED screen(Scratch resistance Gorilla glass display) and full touch phones are all about navigating on screen like browsing internet, watching videos, watching pics you took or uploaded into your phone, playing graphics rich games etc all is pleasure on Galaxy's screen. DHD has 4.3" S-LCD which is good too but .3 inches doesn't make any difference as 4" is more then enough and S-LCD can't be compared to Super AMOLED.
3. HD video quality is far better in Galaxy S and has video out capability.
4. Galaxy S has front facing cam for video calling.
5. Better Audio quality.
6. Most importantly battery life.....DHD needs to be charged by evening after moderate use but Galaxy S's battery works whole day even more.
I compromised on build quality and LED flash because that is not much important for me then the other things specially Display and battery backup.
eric, 24 Jan 2011plz can someone tell me if the htc desire hd is windows base phone,ive got a customer who want... moreSorry, but you must be completely crazy or something. There is this wonderful thing called Google or even the website you posted this question on which has all the info about the phone. You just made yourself look the dumbest sales person ever!! Don't by a used car from this guy or even a phone for that matter.
plz can someone tell me if the htc desire hd is windows base phone,ive got a customer who want it bt not suere if its a windows base phone.Urget!
Anonymous, 24 Jan 2011anyone heard of a reliable & better battery?Here:
excellent phone.. better than galaxy s...owned a galaxy but used to lag htc sense rocks!
Milance, 24 Jan 2011There is player on Market, I think it is called Vplayer. Plays anything, even supports subtitl... morethanks a lot!!! Vplayer is impressive!!! nice one!!! way better than Rock Player!
i've downloaded angry birds n papertoss on my phone but i have no idea where they disappeared aftr da download
so could any1 plz help me wid tht
n da battery also sux, mine got switched off in lyk 6 hrs :(
walker, 24 Jan 2011I really wish they will fix the Video player so it can play any video files like Samsung...There is player on Market, I think it is called Vplayer. Plays anything, even supports subtitles. I am pleased with it..
ronyjarod, 23 Jan 2011just got mine. everything's fine though not perfect. battery can't last for 12 hrsJust got mine a week ago.. Battery capasity is the only cloud in the sky. It is really hard on battery-juice.. I haven't even got my data-access service working yet..
Battery does not last the day before running into the last %'s.
Wonder if I must call the shop to complain...
The rest of the phone is great (imho :-)
Bought it. Hate it. It's reception is terrible compared to even my aging Noia E72! As a result I'm selling this fancy paper weight and buying Nexus S instead.
Hi friends can anyone help I have problem in YouTube player it is very very laggy even in WiFi also I dontknw why plz can anyone tell the solution?
I really wish they will fix the Video player so it can play any video files like Samsung...
Anonymous, 23 Jan 2011lol ! I guess you should better have a call&text phone.Nahhhhh, not like this...:)
Of course i will enjoy the phone with it's features but not using the 3G, wi-fi & auto-update for 24/7????
This what i meant, for example if i am out on field work, then will check my mails ( not every time, maybe every 3 hrs ).
Also, no use to hear music on phones if u have Ipod...;)
there is swipetype text in samsung galaxy 5 i9000. but this is not avl in desire HD. Is this a big difference. What is swipetype text.
Happy new Yr to u all. Can u pls assist in answering for me if the HTC DESIRE HD has a scratch-resistant surface?
Its been less than a week since i bought one and pls want to know.
Thks in advance.