0v0, 03 Dec 2010LOOOL, Are you serious??!!! Desire HD is awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... morehahaha yeaa cause everyone keeps saying n8 is better.. But i find it quite similar to the 5800 that im using now.. Lol thanks for your opinion :)
Nokia N8 Fan, 04 Dec 2010I came here from the Nokia forums of gsmarena and I would like you guys to consider buying the... moreHTC will release extended battery to resolve this issue very soon.
For the time being here are some few tips to conserve battery life:
1. Screen will always be your biggest drain. It uses more than 60% of your battery power. Turn display brightness down as low as you can (I set mine at about 15%), and setting the screen timeout to 15-30 seconds. You can also try black / dark wallpaper that uses less energy.
2. Do a software update – menu, settings, about phone, system software updates.
3. Install something like quick settings and place link on your main home screen, so that you can access quickly to turn say wi-fi and gps on/off.
4. Ensure any sync’ing the phone does, say email / facebook / maps, etc. is as required and not as often as the phone can. Mine checks my email every 30 minutes and I don’t use GPS unless I need maps.
5. Ensure USB debugging is turned on – this is mainly to reduce lag, but may well help with battery life. Go to menu > settings > applications > development, set usb debugging on.
6. Ensure your phone has a short screen timeout – menu> settings> power saver> screen timeout + settings.
7. Avoid Live Wallpapers. Animated wallpaper will keep the processor working all the time and it will drain your battery.
8. Turn off Wireless Network Positioning / GPS. Using GPS surely will drain your battery; use it only when you need it badly instead you use Assisted GPS.
9. Always Keep Bluetooth off When Not in Use. Bluetooth is obviously draining your battery if you keep it on all the time.
10. Streaming Apps Will Kill Your Battery. Audio or video streaming application (Youtube, Skype) will decrease you battery life fast.
8. Turn off Wi-Fi. If you don’t use it you better turn it off because it will suck up quite a lot of battery life.
9. If You’re Inside a lot, Having Wi-Fi Always On May be Preferable. Since 3G radio use more ammount of energy, so if you are always on hotspot area you can use your Wi-Fi instead of your 3G network.
10. If Your Phone Often Struggles to Find a 3G Connection, Disable 3G Keep searching on 3G connection will drain your battery.
11. Use Widgets Wisely. Terminate widgets that are unnecessary will save your battery life.
12. Turn Off Always-On Mobile Data. Disable always-on mobile data as it will decrease the battery use.
N8? you must be kidding. I have that and the only thing good about it is the camera. Else, the DHD wins hands down. Have you even tried using it - its battery can stretch over 1.5 days - which is good for any smartphone these days.
Launching in India day after tomorrow- thats what i've heard
I hope somebody can help :) I have bought my HTC desire HD 2 days ago. It's really a GREEEAT phone.I used to have HTC HD2 before, so switching between 2 OS was a little bit difficult for me. I have the following questions, I hope u can help:
1- Can we have shown on the menu page the first 2 or 3 reminders inputted on calender?
2-when we download applications, do we have the option to dowload to SD card instead of main storage of the phone?
3- How can we copy informations from the SD card to another location?
4- Where can we write some notes? There is no icon for "notes"?
I came here from the Nokia forums of gsmarena and I would like you guys to consider buying the Nokia N8 instead of this crap with horrible battery life. If you guys have any doubts about this crap please take your time and get to know the wonderful phone that is the N8. This phone is too big and the battery life is bad unlike the perfect phone, the Nokia N8! Best of all, the N8 is using symbian 3 which is more open and a lot better than android. Please check out the Nokia N8 and see for yourself.
when would this fucky thing launch in india i am waiting from 2 months but nw i am going to buy x10
[deleted post]Actually they were talking about Samsung Omnia HD. Read their post first before you talk non sense. Just an andvice.
Desire HD just launch in Singapore Singtelshop today.....going to buy :)
Fantastic phone. Above the software superiority and monopolization you have the design, the awesome screen size and the slick metal feel. No plastic!! Features are endless. I have had it for roughly a week and am still finding new features. Let this be that final push for you to get this phone. :)
Mobilemaster, 03 Dec 2010No, this has Symbian not Windows Mobile. The Samsung Omnia 2 has Windows Mobile. :D My phone's... moreyea, i went through specifications.
After all, it is not bad phone & as you were looking for good price.
All the best
[deleted post]No, this has Symbian not Windows Mobile. The Samsung Omnia 2 has Windows Mobile. :D My phone's price is around 210 Euro, so it wasn't expensive. :)
Mobilemaster, 03 Dec 2010I already bought the Samsung Omnia HD. It is AWESOME, believe me. :) :XCongrats.
But I don't like windows mobile. I have very bad experience time with them.
I use hotmail as my main email as I have been using it for years. with my HD2 I could see my inbox and all my custom folders. with this Desire HD the HTC mail will only show the basics amd I can no longer see a way of seeing my custom folders, most of my mail has filters on and will go into these folder so it makes the mail on this phone pretty much useless for me??
Anyway round this people? HELP??
LeatherFace, 03 Dec 2010SmS and Call quality is GOOD. Vibration is like tremors makes you dance like M Jackson lol. I ... moreMaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaany Thanks for your great comments about the : Sound, screen quality.
Now i am ready to buy it.
And i wish you happy living with HD....:)
hello guys, thought I would share what I have found.
I have just got my self a Desire HD and it came with a 8GB class 4 but I had a 16GB class 2 already, oh and I also had a 8GB class 6 sitting about so tested all 3 and this is what I got:
Sandisk 16GB Class 2
Writing speed: 8.97 MByte/s
Reading speed: 17.2 MByte/s
Sandisk 8GB Class 4
Writing speed: 5.49 MByte/s
Reading speed: 11.1 MByte/s
Nokia 8GB Class 6
Writing speed: 4.84 MByte/s
Reading speed: 15.5 MByte/s
Now I was just about to give away my class 2 16GB Now Im glad I didt
Its confused me more then ever but from the test I just done, it shows this class business dont seem to mean alot, Unless Im missing somthing??
0v0, 03 Dec 2010tnx, Sound doesn't matter to me. If i want to listen to a music, i will do it via MP3 play... moreSmS and Call quality is GOOD. Vibration is like tremors makes you dance like M Jackson lol. I have video songs in the phone and plays and sound prety welll.. mono speakers aint meant to have that much bass(know wat i mean). tho i have noticed that if u play around with the equalizer the sound gets alot alot better. ( using dobly and srs makes u think ur listenin to an ant singing.. its that thin voice. but one thing il tell u,, ULL LOVE THIS PHONE WEN U GET IT :D
LeatherFace, 03 Dec 2010Lemme be honest with you... Speaker of this phone is crap as its a MONO speaker not a stereo. ... moretnx,
Sound doesn't matter to me.
If i want to listen to a music, i will do it via MP3 player.
0v0, 02 Dec 2010i never watch movies or listen to music via phone, so i guess i will not have a prob. with the... moreLemme be honest with you... Speaker of this phone is crap as its a MONO speaker not a stereo. dobly mobile and SRS on headset are not so good either. my bluetooth sony headphones sounds alot better then the headsets that come with this phone. so Sound Quality wise i rate this phone 6/10,, display is great... ive seen so many videos on youtube where HD has bad display.. but i assure u theres nothing like that. its not as bright as galaxy s but its as vibrant as galaxy s is. so if sound matter to u guys then this phone can be a minor dissappointment other then that its one the best phone ive used....