0v0, 30 Oct 2010can u please advice about the built-in speakers?? when u receive call, how does it sound like?... moreI suggest you try out the handset first before you buy, as what may be quite for me may be loud to you.
I'm using a gel case and it has a cut out for the speaker which is sort of bevelled it makes it sound a bit louder, on my HTC Hero the speaker was very loud but if I took off the back cover it would be very quite I think the gel case acts in a similar way as the back cover on the Hero.
Here is a good overview on the battery life→ http://hemorrdroids.net/htc-desire-hd-battery-life/
UzI, 30 Oct 2010This phone is phenomanal period.
• The screen is so bright and crisp with 5 point multi-tou... morecan u please advice about the built-in speakers?? when u receive call, how does it sound like???
Cos the reason i am not taken this cos of the speakers ( they r very important tome )..
So based on your advise, i might change my mind also, if you have any steps to make it loud, i am listening.
This phone is phenomanal period.
• The screen is so bright and crisp with 5 point multi-touch capability, but does get smudgy quite easily.
• Camera is one of the best I've used in a mobile phone, has a really powerful dual flash. Haven't tried HD recording yet.
• Sound quality of the loudspeaker is good but could be louder. When I use a case on the phone the loudspeaker gets louder significantly.
• Battery life is better then I expected easily lasts a day which is fine, as I charge it every night anyway. Android 2.3 (gingerbread) is around the corner and this phone will be one of the first to get it, 2.3 will bring major battery life improvements and power management.
• The covers for the SIM/memory cards and battery did feel odd at first but should last well, knowing HTC's build quality.
• Now the software, the new sense is absolutely amazing. You can change the skins/themes and more are available on HTC Hub, there is over 70 different HTC widgets which look really nice and useful. Music player now has equalizer pre-sets and SRS/Dolby. Also the new fast booting is really quite amazing phone turns on and is usable in less then 5 seconds!
To summarise, the Desire HD is the best android device around and the best smart-phone (arguably), it is a great successor to the old Desire and a powerful rival to the Galaxy S and iPhone 4. Everything works much smoother and faster on the Desire HD when compared to the Galaxy S.
roldstar, 30 Oct 2010looks like an awesome phone...except for the battery life...when can we expect a full review??battery life is about how you will setup your phone, unpluged mine around 7.50 , now is 13.20 still 95% battery life, and I have sync gmail and compamny mail every 15 min, plus done already few phone calls and send few sms.., easy for 2-3 days, but if you paly games and gps and wifi is on all time, any phone will die in half day..
looks like an awesome phone...except for the battery life...when can we expect a full review??
Yes, it is vary hard to integrate (for you!) :)
For HTC - it cost about 7 USD. It is only a lousy VGA but without is you can not make a video call.
I guess HTC just desired to screw us a little.
For this large (4.3˝ screen requires large volume) phone it would be easy to incorporate a secondary camera and a 1500-1700mAh battery since there are enough room.
One reason why i not gonna buy HTC - NO SECONDARY CAMERA! It's hard to integrate?
android 3.0 will have a new video call feature.
This phone does NOT have a secondary camera!!!!!
It is only 800 USD, although a 4 year old 100 USD phone have one!
Great job HTC!!!!!!
Anonymous, 30 Oct 2010if you have a lot of money buy this, but if don't just imagine and dream for it. Just don't gi... morefriend, do you know about the hands free quality of this phone? I am confused between iphone 4, htc hd7, htc desir hd. what is the most suitable phone to me? i want great hands free quality, multi touch, lots of applications, better screen quality. can anyone tell me........ plz plz plz plz plz plz.................
if you have a lot of money buy this, but if don't just imagine and dream for it. Just don't give a naughty and nonsense comment if you don't own HD Desire.
Wot about the gaming does this phone support motion sensor based games ...............
I have my DHD since october 20th. With moderate use I can get 2 days out of it...
It's fast and a large screen, but the battery and sound are not good.
It will do for now, but when SE experia X12 comes out, that's what I'm going to buy (if it ever hits the market)
I had one of the first ones here in Belgium, and now it's sold out again.
Anonymous, 28 Oct 2010Does it have a secondary camera to make a video call? In specifications, we can see it is ment... moreNO!!! can't you read guys? mentioned many times here: this phone has not a 2nd camera. The spot you'll see is the lightsensor (proximity).
darren, 28 Oct 2010htc desire hd is not available what so ever until november 1st i was informed!!??I'm from the Netherlands. The Desire HD on Vodafone network was released on Saturday 16-10 only for the pre-orders, so the Netherlands was one of the first countries. There was a agreement between Vodafone and HTC for supplying them out. The original release in the Netherlands is the same as elsewhere in Europe.
Anonymous, 29 Oct 2010Yes, it seems like a good phone but it cost almost 800 USD!!!!!! yes, - 800 USD Galaxy ... moreIn Lithuania both cost 1950LTL :) But Desire HD now "owns" FroYo, better camera and also much better support