drakula, 23 May 2011I have problem with the leak under search menu (soft key). It looks like the screen not integr... moreYeah, I was the first to bring that up. I went on to check with another model at Vodafone and even some people here confirmed the light leak. The screen isn't aligned all that well, but it shouldn't have an effect on anything, I don't even notice is anymore. What annoys me more is that my piece has a squeaky battery cover. Otherwise after almost a month must say it's a great phone, very happy with it, recommended.
I'm a Desire S user...
But I'm advicing you not to buy any Android phone from HTC with locked nand and bootloader. Reason?
You'll be stock with bugs and other issues that might not be fix by HTC.
You cannot root your phone
You can't use roms that's optimize for your device thus prolonging battlife.
Customization will be limited.
Don't let HTC "locked" you out!
Dee22, 26 May 2011mine comes with 8gb card attached on the phone. n if u r getting cheaper package without the c... moredo you think can be manufactured elsewere the model with the card included vs the one without the card ? I am asking this due to the big price difference related only to the existence of the card ... ? anyone ... ?
marius , 25 May 2011Does any of you guys receive an 8gb card with the phone? In Romania are 2 different packages: ... moremine comes with 8gb card attached on the phone. n if u r getting cheaper package without the card then go for it as 8gb card cost only ard 10-11$.
my ds got "!" mark on the battery at the top of the screen but the phone is still working?? and the battery widget can show the level of the battery....
May i know anybody face the same problem with me????
Does any of you guys receive an 8gb card with the phone? In Romania are 2 different packages: one with an 8gb card (costs 498euro) and one without card (costs 410euro). Do you think there are differences between 2 packages ? becouse the price difference is too high .... any owner ?
Anonymous, 24 May 2011desire s or galaxy s is better?Desire S vs Galaxy S:
1) DS got gingerbread out of the box while GS got updated to it
some daz back. So DS got n upper hand here.
2) GS got super amoled display which is better than s-lcd of DS (but personally I would recommend not to give much thought in dis regard as s-lcd of DS is also a very good display, infact the best HTC could give at the present)
3) GS got 4 inch screen n DS got 3.7 inch. ( dis option depends on u)
4) DS got 768mb Ram compared to 512mb of GS. (the bigger ram of DS is indeed very useful if u r a heavy apps user but keep in mind 512mb is more than ok for normal users)
5) Aluminium unibody of DS is better as compared to the plastic
back cover of GS. ( here is the scoring point of DS, the body makes the phone a super piece to hold on)
6) Regarding the processor, both are almost equal but the GPU
of GS has got a little upper hand only during gaming mode.
7) One big difference is the camera flash which GS got none.
8) Camera n video quality in daylight r similar
9) Music quality of GS is better while listening using its built-in
speakers (same if headset is used)
so choose ur smartphone now... personally m using a Desire S now
I have problem with the leak under search menu (soft key). It looks like the screen not integrated solidly with body. There's space around 1-2 mm. Do you have the same problem ?
if i put a casing on the back panel, is the wifi signal will degrade?
please can anyone tell me how to putoff the vibration when you receive a call
Anonymous, 22 May 2011is it necessary to put screen guard?? Since it comes with gorilla glass... suggestions please...Depends on your justification.
Mine was to reduce glare(using matte screen) and fingerprint smudge;)
anyone facing shedding of paint problm in this phone ? i need to buy this phone but i dont want to regret later~
user, 22 May 2011beautiful phone but wifi signal is weird, right now it is 5 bars, very next second 0 bar, the ... moreensure that you dont cover the WIFI antennae area...reduces signals...known issue
10 days now with my new HTC Desire S :)
I love it so much, and here are mu comments:
- I couldn't see any light leaks anywhere
- Battery life is bad for me, less than 24 hours ( call time about an hour/day + SMSs + installing new applications)
- Its design is very nice in the hand , but i didn't like its back .
- Android is wonderful as an operating system and its applications is available everywhere on the net.
- Camera is 5 MP , but quality is bad, it can not be compared to the wonderful quality of iPhone camera 5 MP.
- Wireless is very good, but when u put ur hand on the top of the device it'll drop from 4 to 1 or 2
Finally i am happy with it, and i recommend it.