Which would you prefer desire s? or ill w8 for xperia to release? pls need some advice..
Senthil Kumar, 22 Apr 2011My desire s review part I. Sofar I reviewed only few features.So I continue my review sequels.... moreNice review buddy , although i dint get any clue about the battery performamce which you have stated . kinda confusing .
The thing which baffled me is that someone who was using a full qwerty business phone has gone to something which is more of a multimedia touch phone . Why is that so?
I have BB 9780 & HTC Incredible S .
Planning to replace my Incredible S with Desire S .
skb, 21 Apr 2011Bought it 4 days back by pre-ordering on flipkart. My take on this phone - Positives -1. Solid... moreHi Friend. Just I want to reply for one point. Call quality. I also previously using BB Curve 3G. Really BBs are the brain child of one genius. But it is an business phone. Business monster. It is made kept in mind call clarity,conference calls and battery backup.
At the same time android phones are entertainment fused smart phones. In android domain we need to compromise on few things atleast. BB and Android are TOPPERS in their own domain. We choose as per our priorities.
My desire s review part I. Sofar I reviewed only few features.So I continue my review sequels.
1. Battery Life: I fully charged yesterday (100% at 21.04.2011 4.00 pm). Then I activated 3g. Downloaded around 80 mb. switched off 3G. played angry birds 2 levels. and 4 more games for around 20 minutes. Made few calls for for a total duration of 20 minutes. checked the applications and settings for one hour. activated 3G and configured 3 emails. received few mails. checked face book for 5 minutes.switched off 3g. Then added few widgets in one empty screen. That time Battery came down to 22%. When I kept idle it automatically locks the screen and goes to sleeping mode.Then I went for sleeping.Today morning (22.04.2011) 9 pm when i checked my mobile the battery stood at 19%.
2. Photo quality: I clicked around 10 pictures. Eventhough the overall details of an environment is ok, the focused face is not coming as expected. Just flor clicking scenaries this camera is ok. You want capture some romantic moments or ur babys face this is not the phone for u. I strongly say plz wait and get Xperia Neo. I will again come up with outdoor shooting and video recording in review 2.
3. Construction: Whatever the hardware it is, a person can rate by seeing the outer look only. Here HTC scores 100%. U can proudly carry it in working atmosphere or meetings. Galaxy s failed in this factor only. But I felt very difficult to remove battery cover for the first time i opened for putting sim card.
4. User Interface: Really HTC is brilliant. Still I am unable to explore all the features of HTC sense UI. It is almost they put much effort to made it in parrallel with Android OS. i couldnt imagine to what extent I would have missed it if I went for Galaxy S. I will explore fully and give the minute details of HTC Sense in my next review.
5. Wi-Fi Hot spot: I am able to connect with my laptop. But because of my laptop connection configuration I couldnt connect to internet. Please some body advice me on this regards.
6. Applications exit: When we work with any application, unlike our traditional mobiles, the exit option of that application not easily available. So I downloaded Advanced task killer and used it.
My review I over. Waiting for your feedback so that I can continue my reviews. The death grip issue I am not going to cover still I am able to reach a Wifi spot. I hope probably I do it when I go for an airport.Thanks.
Bought it for RS 21,300 with bill and warranty from letsbuy.com. Loving it :)
was planned to buy SE ARC but bought HTC desire S.
Till now its good, let's see how it goes???
overall good features compared to samsung galaxy s, performance wise.
Senthil Kumar, 21 Apr 2011I am from India. I received Desire S today through Flipkart for Rs.23750. One Social network m... moreI got it through the same channels as u did. Good buying experience. Prompt delivery. Eager to listen to your experience. Mine posted above
Bought it 4 days back by pre-ordering on flipkart. My take on this phone - Positives -1. Solid build quality. 2.Excellent screen- dont know how it is in comparison with AMOLED but very good indeed, very comfortable reading. 2.Good battery - Not to be confused. I'm a light user. First charging - whole day I lost 12%, much better than my expectations- good indeed when I compare to my SE Xperia X10. Also I learnt about most battery sucking apps which r to be kept disabled. Good experience with Xperia. 3. Good UI.HTC sense is an excellent mod of Android. Very handy features. 4.Good Keyboard- more accurate than previous ones.
Negatives- 1. slippery as it is thin, grip not good. Nothing beats my blackberry bold2 here. 2. too many battery sucking apps (most can be disabled though). 3. Call clarity decent. Not excellent (same Operator on my Blackberry bold). 3. Should have come with a good leather pouch. Very stingy. Overall positives stronger than negatives. Excellent phone
Senthil, 21 Apr 2011 Desire S SAR value: 0.353 (Head) 0.785 (Body)thank you
I am from India. I received Desire S today through Flipkart for Rs.23750. One Social network movie DVD original box came free.Very prompt delivery and excellant packing. Along with Invoice they also provided nearby HTC service centre for my future reference. Go for Flipkart and grab HTC Desire S. Wait for my Desire S review.
cris, 20 Apr 2011can ANYONE post here the SAR value written on the device's box ?
Desire S SAR value: 0.353 (Head) 0.785 (Body)
Liz Gha, 21 Apr 2011Can anyone tell me if Desire S have an in-built library of great books in the phone?? If book reader is what you talking about then YES it has got the feature of a book reader . you can buy or download the free books from the application which is available out of box in Desire S .
Can anyone tell me if Desire S have an in-built library of great books in the phone??