Great feature given at such less price it's awesome I liked it sooooooooooooo much.
did anyone play NFS most wanted on this phone, smoothly. please someone reply how does this phone handle this game which is about 700-800 mb.
slayer11, 05 Nov 2012How can HTC launch ICS for this ? Ics is so heavy and the phones cpu is so low. It'll lag. Goo... moreChosen by today’s youth the HTC Explorer is one of the latest generation of Y devices. The reason can be that it has a fast ARMv7 processor which has got much more overclocking capabilities then other Android phones having processors clocked at Gigahertz of speed. The HTC Explorer is the most attractive phone in its category.
Beside the known bugs like the camera the phone has succeeded in building a great deal of popularity in the youth. With the very usable CM9 port the phone has gone through various developments in the past time.
We will learn how to install CM9 Ice Cream Sandwich ROM on HTC Explorer. Its quit a nice thing for such a small size phone to have a working CMS9 ICS ROM, all thanks goes to its developer community. The ROM surely provides a great ICS experience to the users.
Disclaimer: We hear-by clearly tell you that if any damage is done to your device or any part of it Android Custom Firmware is not responsible for that damage . If you Follow Prerequisite and Steps of instruction properly then you will not face any problem, So please follow the given steps properly to be on a safe side. If Any doubt you can clear by adding comment . ( Don,t Miss any step when following tutorial and don,t apply these steps in other device ).Please take your contact and data backup which is important for you if something get wrong with your device you shouldn’t,t loose your important data and you can recover your mobile successfully . You can,t use this steps in other device and other model only on HTC Explorer .
Features of the CM9 Ice Cream Sandwich On
The ROM will not make any problem to you in completing your daily tasks, but there are a few bugs like the camera and that obviously is a very common bug found in most of the beta ROMs out there, but we know that the ROM is in development these days so the bugs will surely get fixed in the near future.
Audio works fine on this ROM but to use the FM Radio you have to use the app ‘Spirit FM’ that is a hardware accelerated app.
There are no known bugs found in calling and phone usage and the Bluetooth also work just fine.
WiFi and GPS were found to be working properly. Videos were being played smoothly.
Following are the known bugs that cause trouble
Camera doesn’t work properly and the HQ videos stutter a bit while playing.
Some apps that need to get root access does not work.
Prerequisite To Update Cyanogen Mod 9 ICS ROM for HTC Explorer
• These are very important steps and must only be followed for this phone only, if you will try this on any other you phone might get damaged or won’t start or even worse.
• First make sure that you phone is charged at least 80% to 95% before you begin this firmware or ROM installation, otherwise your phone will get switch off in between the process of installation or the update and will cause serious or above than serious harm to your mobile Handset or any other Android Device.
• Second Backup all your Personal Data Movies, Music, Games , Apps, Messages and even phone book in you haven’t stored your numbers in your SIM copy all your stuff in a MicroSD card.
• Third Check if their is tick on USB Debugging on your device or Mobile. If you are new to Android and Rooting by following this path Settings>> Applications>>Development>> USB Debugging. To enable USB Debugging.
• Forth Disable all your Antivirus Applications or any other program which can cause problem in rooting.
• Fifth and last make sure all essential drivers that are required in this process are on your computer or laptop.
• Now you can proceed further to the installation of update, and please strictly follow the Prerequisite for a safe rooting.
Follow the given below steps to get the Cyanogen Mod 9 ICS ROM for HTC Explorer.
1. You will need to download the ROM zip file from here.
2. Copy the file that you downloaded in step1 to your phone’s SD Card root.
3. Boot into the recovery mode, to scroll press the volume up and down keys and to select an option click home/menu key.
4. Don’t forget to make a nandroid backup from the recovery mode.
5. Select ‘Wipe’ and then ‘wipe data’ and also wipe the Dalvik cache if you don’t want to face Low memory problem.
6. Now you have to choose “select zip from SD Card” option and then simply select the zip file that you copied to SD Card in step 2. The installation will start.
7. After the installation is finished, you will be able to flash the GAPPS file in a similar way. Now get back to the main screen of Recovery Mode and select ‘Reboot’ and you are done.
The ROM is still in development stages and it is obvious that it has some bugs, but the bugs will surely get fixed in the next releases.
whoopee !! hope you enjoy in Cyanogen Mod 9 ICS ROM for HTC Explorer
slayer11, 05 Nov 2012How can HTC launch ICS for this ? Ics is so heavy and the phones cpu is so low. It'll lag. Goo... moredesire c with the same processor in explorer runs ICS and optimized sense 4 ui.
Soon I am going to buy htc explorer and I want to know how htc working in gprs and edge. How it is working with 3g.Which 3g connectivity working perfect for htc explorer (3g: BSNL & DOCOMO & Reliance).I want to how it is working online streaming videos and video call & video chat. How the camera quality at day time.How it is playing music
How can HTC launch ICS for this ? Ics is so heavy and the phones cpu is so low. It'll lag. Good phones with 1 ghz can barely handle ics without lag so how will this?
Buddy kashif, tnx for reply.
Iam stuck at the 'driller' in the den like
place. Iam not able to beat the driller, as
Iam not able to get the character out of the
den faster as its very slow compared to the
driller. Every time my character is getting
killed by the driller.
Also buddy can you name other big games
with hifi graphics that you've played and
working smooth on htc explorer.
sid, 05 Nov 2012it doesnt have frnt camera then hw cme it supports skype :-Suse back camera for skype vid call,ofcourse u can't see yourself but technically it works,i made test calls between my galaxy tab and explorer
Anonymous, 03 Nov 2012all i know explorer support skype video callIt works. use the back camera and a mirror LOLL!!!
Anonymous, 03 Nov 2012all i know explorer support skype video callit doesnt have frnt camera then hw cme it supports skype :-S
best hd games working on htc explorer including
nfs most wanted