i had2 buy a phone, only doubt between htc explorer and samsung ace is dat , ace look like i phone, and other specifation is same, plz guide that lokkwise and otherwise which shld i buy.
as i seen on net this phone is good, but i only want to know that is it look more better in hand then galaxy ace , as ace looks like a i phone
I purchased HTC Explorer about 1 month back after much searching and debating on buying this vs LG optimus net 690.
This is my first smartphone and I must say that I am very much impressed with its performance so far.
First of all, let me clear some doubts:
1. There is no headset in the box (Roumors which say there are 2 versions of this phone - one with headset and one without- are totally false)
2. This has 150MB of internal ROM. ~36MB of which is already used by pre-loaded apps which cannot be removed (unless you root the phone). So, You have ~114MB available at the time of unboxing. (I know the box says 90MB but my phone had 114 MB "available Internal Storage")
3. You CAN install new apps on the SD card but some part of them will use up Internal storage. My calculations say that you can install at least 30-35 new apps on this phone. They are more than enough for me at any given point of time. If you want more, then you should probably think of increasing your budget and buy a high end phone.
About the Phone:
The phone is quite small and fits perfectly in the pocket as well as hand. The back cover has a nice rugged feel about it and has a good grip. I find the 600MHz speed to be good enough for ANY "normal" activity. (Angrybirds ran without any lag). The touch sensitivity is also too good (better compared to LG P500 which my friend has).
1. Excellent UI and graphics (HTC Trademark).
2. Some of the preloaded apps are nice and useful to me (gtalk, youtube, saavn - online music streamer, NDTV cricket)
3. Battery life is better than expected - I have been using the phone franatically since i bought it and the battery typically lasts 1 day (with WiFi ON ALL the time). I was surprised with the battery life because it only has 1230mA battery. I think the OS/UI has much better power management than some of the other phones.
4. GPS/WiFi Hotspot features - I think they are verry useful.. Battery life is also good with these features turned ON ( at least 5 hrs of non stop usage at full charge)
1. Camera does not have autofocus.
2. No LED Flash
3. Some of the preloaded apps are no good. Unfortunately we cant remove them without rooting the phone :-(
4. Does not have a magnetic compass built in. I dont think this is a big issue in normal use. But how could HTC name the phone "Explorer" and not put a compass in it! :)
All in all, I think this phone is a good value for money.
i had to buy a phone near abot 10-12 k range, is htc explorer a good phone, tell about its size , as samsung ace look alike a i phone and price also little bit high,
ankur hura, 26 Nov 2011i bought this phone, at 10500 in delhi. its amazing. the htc sense is awesome. and u ll love i... morewhat aboy size of this phone, as galaxy ace looks like a i phone bcoz of its size is big and range slight above from htc explorer
smartphonefan, 27 Nov 2011LG and HTC both are very good brand (my opinion) and research before you post
LG OPTIMUS NE... morehi,
do not go with popularity..with this processor htc supports full flash on web browser and video playback is good on the browser. the only thing is low internal memory same as LG. they should put atleast 320mb.
Anonymous, 27 Nov 2011if you are asked to choose between Honda city and maruti sx4 which one you will you choose.Htc... moreLG and HTC both are very good brand (my opinion) and research before you post
LG OPTIMUS NET P690
total hits 272517
total votes 3650
total hits 293842
total votes 604
by the way if I want to buy I'll buy LG optimus net I think its better
kshitij, 27 Nov 2011which to choose - explorer or optimus net? or shud i go for wildfire s?The first thing that got to me was that the Net has a 800MHz processor but then realized, it's the same 600MHZ processor used in Explorer and is Overclocked, that's the reason behind the 1500 mAH battery. Difficult choice to make but i would go with Explorer.
kshitij, 27 Nov 2011which to choose - explorer or optimus net? or shud i go for wildfire s?if you are asked to choose between Honda city and maruti sx4 which one you will you choose.Htc has its own standard and feels like you are holding best quality phone, where as LG is not famous for phone but in TV. ..
which to choose - explorer or optimus net? or shud i go for wildfire s?
parvej.s, 21 Nov 2011does htc explorer able to smoothly run live wallpapers...????Yes my dear you can use live wallpaper efficiently.......I am using koi free & other & its very good looking....
Anonymous, 26 Nov 2011I think don't no difference....so I'll let you http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1... moreas i said 90 vs 150 mb and 600 vs 800 mhz processor doesn't make any big difference..and note that lg doesn't have turbo processor..so it is not equal to 1ghz as you said..moreover pictures taken with the explorer are better than net..there is none to beat htc's sense ui...supports flash,xvid files...check the comparison and there is nothing better in lg than the internal memory and process speed..that too not a large margin..
sir, i wanee know 2 things about htc explorer,
1. how long the battery last.(i want the exact real hours )
2.phone as low internal memory of 90 mb user available .But still the phone as got about 512mb memory(not RAM).so is it possible to delete or root the phone so that i can improve the flash memory more(90 mb is not enough for many apps).