This is one of hte most advanced phones: amoled, multi-touch, 5MPX + flash light, 800x400 (or 853x480), the first phone (probably) supporting N wifi networks. This phone rocks and puts the rest shiny piece of old marketing technologies in the crap yard. If you really want sufficient phone - get this one. Otherwise if you understand nothing and just want to show off, buy some shiny expensive stuff.
SR, 05 Jan 2010Whoever says this phone doesn't look good please check these pics : http://www.blogcdn.com/... moreThe phone is nice, but it could have been better. For one, they could have made real hardware keys instead of those fore touch sensitive ones. And i dont think that the trackball serves any purpouse. So, its good, but not great ;)
Whoever says this phone doesn't look good please check these pics :
Here is a review form endgadget: http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/04/nexus-one-review/
I was really excited about gPhone, but to be honest, i expected more from it. The most apealing thing is the anounced price of about 350euros, but if i had the cash, i would have the HD2 or wait a couple of months till the Legend comes out.
p.s. Everyone is comparing every new touch phone to the iPhone and how it can be a iPhone killer. No manufacturer can beat Apple. Apple has a totally different concept of apealing to the market. Nokia, SE, Samsung, Motorola... they all have dozens of models on the market, Apple - just one! So they put all the technology in that one device, and periodicly put updates of it on the market. Other manufacuters - when they mess up with, lets say camera, on a phone, they build another device that has improved camera performance. But model then has an issue with the music player, or web browser or some thing, so they fix that with yet another model, and so on.
This is why the gPhone let me down, or should i say Google. They came out from behind the shadows to finally put their own phone on the market, and they do it in a mediocare way - no major updates in the OS itself, music player is poor, lack of multy touch, and so on (i'm sure there will be more issues).
And just for those looking to start an argument, i'm not hating this phone, i'm just saying the should have put more effort in it.
gsmarena! update your specs! the screen is 480x800 according to engadget
it doesn't have multitouch. that's what the reports are saying atm.
Anonymous, 04 Jan 2010nexuse dont have Multi-touch input method
new moto phone are realy beter features ,spec an... morehow did u come up with that?
- this is gna run android 2.1 so y wud google remove multitouch from 2.0 wen upgrading to 2.1? and in the specs it shows this has multitouch
- in terms of hardware its better than even the newer motos. more ram same screen but amoled, similar camera, 1ghz vs idk...
-design is a personal thing
nexuse dont have Multi-touch input method
new moto phone are realy beter features ,spec and design
i wonder if this will come out b4 the x10 in which case sony ericsson deserves to go bankrupt.
I really would like this phone to be 800 band for 3G/HSDPA as well.
Flop phone... flop design (bcoz its outdated). + average interface... to this phone gonna b flop for sure.. for niche
Cris, 04 Jan 2010stylus ?no, its capacitive so stylus r not supported. there is 1 exception tho: pogo stylus. but u wud hv to buy that separately.
Cambodian, 04 Jan 2010The specs is power above all devices but no document viewer (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF File... moreu mean the os that shud already have been available to the consumer 2 yrs ago at least? keep w8in and dont expect to be impressed with the app market place on winmo.
this is what ms has done with app market place:
- They limit their developers to the ones living in a bunch of Countries only.
- They charge $99 per year every developer!
- They offer 5 free app tries and then charge $99 per try. (So if have a game and fail the tests 5 times you will pay $500)
- Developers cannot sell an app in all Countries available; they have to sell it in only one. If you want more then you have to pay $10 per Country!
- They even charge $99 per try the free apps! With this done, basically no logical thinking developer will even bother to put a free app in there.
- Developers warned them in their own forums but they don’t even seem to care.
- They support only 6.5 and 6.1 OS. Why not 5.0 and higher?
- Expensive to include apps and thus expensive prices.
this along with an unpopular os means it seems unlogical for talented app developers to chose to make apps for winmo rather than other oses.
also i think there is an app that will allow editing of documents. and even if it is paid, ur already paying for the winmo os whereas android os is free so the money ur saving by getting android u cud use to buy some good apps.
haha, 04 Jan 2010it only comes in balck ;) (according to the specs on gsmarena)ya balck will surely be an interesting color for this phone!