Hi Anthony please tell me which browser should i use to watch movies or online Tv? as my opera 10 dosent play any video and my skyfire is no longer available in Uk so please i need your quick and helpfull advice.
denmod, 10 Nov 2010Anthony, here dis na. if i wah go back to d original stock rom right, cud i get like the first... morei need to know what method you use to take off the stock ROM in the first place.
Anthony, here dis na. if i wah go back to d original stock rom right, cud i get like the first few steps plz.
Anonymous, 10 Nov 2010Hi All..
I bought HTD HD2 recently and a beginner with this, had a htc diamond bfre. Can some... more You can use the same programs you used on the diamond on the HD2.
Or you can install Omarket. From there you can use the Search to find more then 1 program that should do what you want.
I bought HTD HD2 recently and a beginner with this, had a htc diamond bfre. Can someone help me with getting an application where i can use my gtalk,ymessngr n all together. pls .
redmd, 09 Nov 2010@Anthony
Great info about the ROM. I will be waiting for the ebook thingy (.chm) feasibilit... morethe link you gave leads to a error page.
and yes i did remove the () from the .
the books i see are in pdf format which is not what you asked about, so could you just use
to send one of the books to me.
anthony.gsmarena @ live .com
Danny1911, 06 Nov 2010Hi ! Does anyone knows if there is possible to make the Boot Menu to appear before the Windows... moreget exceller boot loader. EBL2 is what it's called. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=737001 XDA devs is the place to actually ask questions though.
Great info about the ROM. I will be waiting for the ebook thingy (.chm) feasibility result. Thanks.
High Tech, 08 Nov 2010Anthony I did get cab in email.. Do you have the newest Coreplayer app??? I think it's version... moreSorry I only have 1.3.2
i went through hell back when i was looking for a coreplayer that worked on the HD2 that I did not have to pay for and was virus free. So when I found this one I stopped looking for newer ones.
Anthony I did get cab in email.. Do you have the newest Coreplayer app??? I think it's version 1.3.6??
Hi guys : Now HTC HD2 running WP7
matter of time now :)
Skyfire help, 08 Nov 2010Hi Anthony please suggest me any website or post any link where i can download skyfire.because... moreI did not answer your post with time stamp 2010-11-07 18:11 because I thought you would have gone back and read. Then you would have seen I already answered that same question of why it is not working on my post with time stamp 2010-11-05 11:57
redmd, 08 Nov 2010@Anthony
This might be an inconvenience to you so I apologize. I may not be able to send this... moreWill look into that when I get home if I have time.
Bigger ROM is better but there are other things to think about.
1. That bigger ROM is in the US T-mobile version only. It dose not come with a HTC factory unlocked ROM.
2. It’s pre-loaded with a lot of crap you will not use if you don’t live in the U.S. that is not going to be easy to get rid of if you can get rid of it at all.
3. There are things that are in the unlocked version that you will not get with that version. Providers branded phones are handicapped to benefit the provider financially.
4. To leave the 10% free space on that one, you have to leave about 100mb free not 50mb like the other versions.
5. On the UP side it does come with an e-book reader by default.
6. You can still hack it to put on a cooked ROM only. Not a next original ROM, like you can with the T8585 models.
Hi Anthony please suggest me any website or post any link where i can download skyfire.because by mistake i have deleted old one now i have diwnloaded from freeware and when ever i tried to use it it says due to high demand we cannot provide you servis at this time.please reply i am posting it 2nd time.
This might be an inconvenience to you so I apologize. I may not be able to send this through email because of it's size (37MB). But I can send you the link of the file (hotfile). It's a medical ebook for studying on-the-go FTW!
medicalbooksfree (.) com/textbook-of-pediatric-emergency-medicine-may-2010-edition
I am planning to buy one in a local store. I've read that the t-mobile version has bigger ROM. Does that make any difference performance wise?
redmd, 08 Nov 2010@Anthony
Hi, I'd like to ask one important question to you because I'm about to buy one this ... moreSend me a .CHM to
anthony.gsmarena (at) live. com
And I’ll tell you if I can open it.
I have my phone set to auto recaord all phone calls to internal memory so it can be auto backed up with "MyPhone"(part or my incase shit happens plan) so The only time I get lag is if I let my internal storage space drop below 50mb. but this hardly ever happens because i use cookie state indicator to keep track of memory load, process count, free main storage, battery temp and battery life. That information I use to avoid most potential problems.
I also tweaked my settings so the “X” in a programs will close it and not just let it run in the background.
Note: my ROM is 3.14 UK factory unlocked.
Where do you plan to buy your phone from?
Hi, I'd like to ask one important question to you because I'm about to buy one this week. Can HTC HD2 open ebook files specifically Compiled HTML files (.CHM) by default just like opening Microsoft files or do I need to install ebook readers and or convert the files to make them readable. Also, do you experienced any lags so far from HD2? Many thanks!
anonymouz, 08 Nov 2010hi guys..!got my new hd2..!and got a big big big probs here..ive used it a couple of days,foun... moreYou say you just got the phone and there are no bugs, which makes you disappointed. lol.
If you have the need to dig in settings, here is a list of things you may want to do.
1. If you use bluetooth for file transfer you may want to change the default save location to the memory card.
2. if you are having problems sending files to some devises, you my want to disable “only allow listed devices to connect”.
3. If you are using the passkey phone lock, you may want to disable “Auto Lock” so the key is only need after a set time and not every time the screen turns off.
4. If you get attachments in email you should change the default save location to the memory card.
5. If you get a lot of sms, you would want to set SMS to wake the phone when the screen is off, or you will only know you got a sms when you turn the screen on yourself.
6. If you send bulk sms (more than 10 people to one sms) you will want to change the setting so you can send up to 50 people at the same time.
7. If you send a lot of sms you would also want to add the visual send button to the right side of the message entry screen, so you can get a back key on the soft menu to exit the sms interface.
8. If you have no problem tweaking your registry. You can change the “phone” softkey that is not needed on the home screen (because you can press the physical phone key that dose the same thing) to a “contacts” softkey or any other key you like.
9. A next cool registry tweak is… adding a call recorder to the phone in-call menu.
10. If you browse the net on Opera, you would want to change the default amount of tabs from 3 to maybe 9.
11. If you brows a lot from Opera, you can change to default Cache location to the memory card, which will be beneficial in the long run.
12. You would also be interested in turning on thumbnails for the Opera back key.
13. By default the amount of programs that can auto rotate is very limited. So you could add more of the things you use to the auto rotate list.
14. Depending on your ROM version you my have the annoying slide cover on the phone dialer you could turn that off.
15. You may also want to change the system font size to the smallest. So text don’t look so big on your hi res screen.
16. If you don’t have an unlimited data plan, you going to want to install “Data Controller” to block unwanted auto connections to you data plan.
17. You can add custom ring tones to your special people or the people you don’t like, so you know it’s them calling without even looking at the phone.
18. You could install cookie home tab v2 and modify your home tab appearance. The options with this one is to much to go into with detail.
19. And after playing with your new toy, if your internal storage memory drops below 50mb and you start to lag or crash because of this. Then you can have even more fun cleaning up the internal storage. And changing the default save locations for other programs that you use, to the memory card.
Hope this small list of tweaks that are not bugs but are done to improve the use experience is enough to give your idle hands something to do :)