Anthony, 14 Oct 2010what is the name of the file you renamed? and what is it's file size?called RUU_signed.nbh anw is about 271 mb
Liverpool, 14 Oct 2010i did it now several times ,,just the same,,its says not allowedwhat is the name of the file you renamed? and what is it's file size?
Anthony, 14 Oct 2010you where to slow to release the key. so it by pass and went to the boot loader. take out ... morei forgot to tell the colourfull screen pops up first then the grey screen with Loading text(at this moment i release the downkey volume only to see the Not Allowed text then the colourfull screen comes back
Liverpool, 13 Oct 2010i did copy it to sd(wut do u mean by root of the sd?)and i released the “volume down” key as ... moreyou where to slow to release the key.
so it by pass and went to the boot loader.
take out the battery and start again.
don't hold down the power key, just press it.
hold down only the volume down, let it go as soon as you see the gray screen.you have to be fast to let go.
the file must be on the SD but not in any folder that is what root of the SD is.
Anthony, 13 Oct 2010Ok so all I think you need is a UK SPL to make a full conversion.
What I am going to explain ... morei did copy it to sd(wut do u mean by root of the sd?)and i released the “volume down” key as soon as i saw the gray screen with the blue writing but the writing was NOT ALOWED then the coulorfull screen appered and waited for 10 minutes but nothing did happen.
most of the announced phones by HTC share the same Hardware,i don't know why HD2 won't get Win 7 update!!!!
NITIN, 13 Oct 2010hi alll
pls let me know tht m going to buy this phone so is it worth bying it this time coz t... moreHi!
Yes this fone is pretty decent. I have it and love it. It has never hung when I use it, has a great memory, great music player, user interface, etc. Its got HTC sense which makes the fone ring louder if its in ur pocket or in a purse, or somewhere its likely to be heard low, in case it rings. then, if u choose an option, it'll decrease the ring when it senses u have taken the fone in ur hand and r about to answer the call. i like the fone, as it has a great huge screen, gud clear resolution, although a bit unclear under the sun, which is a problem with every fone with these screens. u can buy it definitely, and without regrets!
Liverpool, 13 Oct 2010months ago i changed my origion dutch rom version to a uk rom version using a uk S/N ,,u helpe... moreOk so all I think you need is a UK SPL to make a full conversion.
What I am going to explain is who to take the SPL from the (3.14) ROM you downloaded and make it your new SPL and install the ROM at the same time.
1. Us winzip or 7zip and extract the files that make up the ROM you downloaded.
2. in the files you extracted fine the RUU_signed.nbh (should be over 270mb)
3. rename that file to LEOIMG.nbh
4. Copy LEOIMG.nbh to the root of your SD card.
5. Have more then 50% power in your battery.
6. Power off your phone.
7. Hold the “volume down” key and power on the phone.
8. Release the “volume down” key as soon as you see the gray screen with the blue writing.
9. Follow the onscreen instructions. (this kind of flash take longer and show you what it is doing, you don’t have to be connected to your PC.)
10. When it is successfully finished you will have to remover the battery to restart the phone.
11. After you have started you can delete the LEOIMG.nbh from your SD card.
Note: This would have changed your SPL and install the ROM at the same time. after that procedure all UK update ROMs for the S/N will install the normal way as if you had a UK phone. Only time you will have to do it the above way again is if you want to go back to the Dutch SPL or some other country SPL.
Let me know how it goes.
Anthony, 13 Oct 2010You can install cookie home tab on an original ROM that is using SPL. (That is how my phone is... moremonths ago i changed my origion dutch rom version to a uk rom version using a uk S/N ,,u helped me back then to do the change.
and then i installed co0kie home tab , now i want to upgrade to rom 3.14 uk version and again after upgrading having co0kie home tab.
so right now iv a uk rom version with a uk S/N
sam, 12 Oct 2010how can get skype for hd2 helpEmail me at anthony.gsmarena$live.com and I will send you the skype .cab file for windows mobile.
jay, 13 Oct 2010got the same problem omo... i bet ur phone is already fixed by now.. if that so mind if u shar... moreOnly way to fix that lock out it to do a factory reset, using the power/volume keys method.
Note: that problem is common in ROMs older than 1.66 you should upgrade your ROM after you get back in or don’t use a past key, if you are staying with your old ROM because you will get locked out again.
Liverpool, 13 Oct 2010option 1 cuz i want to cook my rom with Co0kie hometab 2.0You can install cookie home tab on an original ROM that is using SPL. (That is how my phone is)
You NEED the HSPL only if you are going to use a ROM that was not digitally signed by HTC or you are going to mix and match radio version with other ROM versions. If all you want is to have your phone come up as being digitally signed as a UK phone every time you have to install a ROM, then all you have to do is replace your Dutch SPL with a UK SPL.
So which do you want to do? Change your SPL for HSPL3 or change you SPL for the UK SPL?
Syrus, 12 Oct 2010I'm tired of this waiting game. I want to buy one good phone which is similar or better than H... moreHA HA Nice to know that..Syrus buy from Anthony .He got 3 HD2 and he didn't know what to do with it he he...
Liverpool, 13 Oct 2010Hi Anthony,
I tried to install the HTC 3.14 ROM but after %1 of the process it stopped and i ... moredepending on how long ago you changed your ROM from being Dutch, i may not have used HSPL to get pass your dutch SPL. we may have used SSPL or Gold Card.
you have 2 options,
1. you can install HSPL3 now to replace your SPL.
2. you can replace your Dutch SPL with the SPL that is in the 3.14 ROM you downloaded, using the SD CARD method.
let me know which you want to do.
option 1 is the way to go if you plan to use cooked ROMs. option 2 is the way to go if you want to keep things all original.
Anthony, 13 Oct 2010Ok, I have installed the HTC 3.14 ROM I know I said I would give a report after 2 days but th... morehello man , hi anthony , plz can you help me . i have samsung omina 2 , and i want update to windows mobile 6.5.3 . can you help how can i updade t , and can i install in samsung omina 2 YouTube client ???
pls let me know tht m going to buy this phone so is it worth bying it this time coz this s a windows based phone earlier m using a bb
Anthony, 13 Oct 2010Ok, I have installed the HTC 3.14 ROM
I know I said I would give a report after 2 days but th... moreHi Anthony,
I tried to install the HTC 3.14 ROM but after %1 of the process it stopped and i got this message:
Error 292 : This update utility cannot be used fro your PDA Phone.check your Update Utility.
i use the uk rom version 1.66 since u long time ago gave me an UK Serialnumber,and my origional version is Dutch.
PerceptorA, 12 Oct 2010A new Rom upgrade (3.14) has been released for the HTC HD2 of European Market! Check out the ... moreOk, I have installed the HTC 3.14 ROM
I know I said I would give a report after 2 days but there are some things I can say now after using it for a short time.
1. The ROM is using the new Radio version 184.108.40.206
2. I didn’t have to install “.net 3.5” for the programs that needed it with my last ROM. (looks like it has a newer “.net”)
3. The sim auto setup data base is already up to date and did not need updating
4. The Notifications window now has the X button next to each notification, so you can close a notification without having to view it first.
5. The phone dialler no longer has the slide Cover.
6. Phone dialler icons have been reorganised to look like the one from the HD mini
7. The FM Radio has the new interface like the one from the HD mini (like this one more)
8. The Voice recorder is the new one like the HD mini (it can pause and resume recording unlike the one that was in the 1.66 ROM
9. You no longer have to use any of the old hot fix files from HTC.
If I find any more new things that 1.66 did not have a will add it later.